Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb (WWF vs WCW) vs (WWE vs TNA)

I'm choosing to refrain from getting in depth with this topic. I just want to point out something that bugs me.

We can all argue that yesterday was better than today and what tomorrow will be all day long. Why? Why complain about it? EVERYTHING changes for better and worse. Everything. When people say TNA is no WCW and that the 'PG Era' WWE sucks we want the WWF back I get annoyed.

Wrestling isn't what it used to be people. It's no longer 8.0 ratings vs 6.0 ratings, it's 3.0 ratings vs 1.0 ratings.

TNA is no WCW, yes, but you say it in a broad and complaining manner. Wrestling isn't as popular anymore.

Moral of the story is that:

WWF::WCW as WWE::TNA

im not saying wrestlings popularity hasnt dwindled but what with youtube DVRs it is an entirely different world then 10 years ago

What is the point of this? To tell us that ratings are lower now? Woopty-doo.
    Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
    King Leonidas: Madness...?
    King Leonidas: THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrastone View Post
    I have to completely agree

also, there are hundreds of more channels around the world now compared to 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrastone View Post
    What is the point of your reply? To tell me that you think what I said was pointless while simultaneously announcing that you're an a**?

I made it quite clear that my message was that WWF::WCW as WWE::TNA.

They are equally competitive. The only variables are WWE's prestige (and therefore lack of acknowledgement of TNA), and fewer wrestling fans in general.

???????????????

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    i think we all knew that wrestling isn't as popular as it once was... no hated intended but there is no need for this thread at all

Quote Originally Posted by spacespaz View Post
    What is the point of your reply? To tell me that you think what I said was pointless while simultaneously announcing that you're an a**?

I made it quite clear that my message was that WWF::WCW as WWE::TNA.

They are equally competitive. The only variables are WWE's prestige (and therefore lack of acknowledgement of TNA), and fewer wrestling fans in general.

No it isn't. WCW was a threat to the WWF back in the day.

TNA isn't even close to being a threat. It dosn't take fans away and it's ratings arn't even close. Competition would be good for wrestling, but TNA isn't there, and may never be...

no need for this thread, its been discussed before and in brings nothing new to the table