Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wwe ppv's

Banned

Wwe ppv's

would anyone else other then me like the WWE goin back to Brand's Brand PPV's..
    one month Raws, next month SmackDowns, other then SUMMER SLAM, SURVIVOR SERIES, ROYAL RUMBLE & WRESTLEMAINA

I kinda saw what WWE was getting at with brand's PPV but in my opinion that wasn't necassary since the most part some matches that they had aren't PPV worthy. A cross brand PPV makes things better.

#REAL!

i dont know i like it bc more guys got ppv opportunities but at the same time i didnt bc like silverghost said some of those matches werent ppv worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bryan View Post
    i dont know i like it bc more guys got ppv opportunities but at the same time i didnt bc like silverghost said some of those matches werent ppv worthy
    That I understood. More guys getting PPV time but yeah....if the matches were a bit better then I wouldn't complain about it.

I have the brand's PPVs on DVD and I usually skip the unworthy matches for that reason.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    I would like brand ppvs again. It would build more time n interest if done right for the clash. But wwe would still screw that up hence y it went away in the first place. New writers or sumthin is sorely needed. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. As for ppv's I want compelling storylines and a logical reason why the talent is rassling each other in the first place. I'm starting to wonder if that's asking for too much these days. PPV's are suppose to be special and the last few years with some exceptions if you paid for them you not only want your money back you want your time invested back too. When I was young I remember getting a shit load of candy ready to eat and couldn't wait for the ppv's to start, it wasn't just another show it was an event. I remember back in the days a survivor series ppv was on thanksgiving night and my entire family watched it on ppv, granted they weren't emotionally attached to rassling like I was but most if not all of them got something out of it. How times have changed. Not to long ago Bars in my area would show rasslin ppv's and you know what, they no longer do because no one would show up. I remember sitting at the bar and laughing at the 5 people in attendance. Some people will only need to get tricked once into buying a sub par ppv and who can blame them. Money is tight these days and it's not UFC fault wwe ppv's are down. When people are emotionally invested in the product they will buy ppv's, and wwe is failing big time at that. It doesn't matter if the ppv's are an all raw brand or all smackdown brand ppv. What matters is if anyone cares to watch the bullshit were forced fed to endure because at one point in life we all were emotionally attached and we want that feeling back. U MAD???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I kinda saw what WWE was getting at with brand's PPV but in my opinion that wasn't necassary since the most part some matches that they had aren't PPV worthy. A cross brand PPV makes things better.
    i do agree that some matches were pointless.. but i just belive it helps some of the underated superstars grow..

i also think that having RAW or SmackDown have a PPV every 2 months for there respective brand could help build storylines, bigger fueds.. and get's out more into the brand.. that is when i honestly belived it was SmackDowns VS. RAW.. where superstars stayed on there brand unless they had the title.

I think they have them way too close to each other. 2 weeks between Night of Champions and Hell In a Cell, its just silly. You can't build on any great storylines between PPVs anymore.

And to boot, I think WWE booked both wrong. They should have saved the six pack challenge till HIAC, and had a 6 Man Hell In a Cell (shades of the Armageddon one) I think that would have got huge draws.

I'd take WWE building up stories with less PPVs and more time between them than squeezing in PPVs and basing storys around whatever gimmick the PPV is.

"I am going to put on a Nexus shirt and armband and go drink the tears of John Cena fans."
    - Joey Styles

I have to think brand only PPV's would hurt buys. Because of my schedule I am rarely home on Friday nights so I don't watch Smackdown regularly. As such, if they run a Smackdown only PPV I am not going to pay the high price to buy it because I don't know the storylines and am not invested. If there is a mix of brands on a PPV then those who only watch one of the two weekly shows will have at least some investment and a reason to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    It doesn't matter if the ppv's are an all raw brand or all smackdown brand ppv. What matters is if anyone cares to watch the bullshit were forced fed to endure because at one point in life we all were emotionally attached and we want that feeling back.
    I think in some point it does matter because its just as I said, Raw or Smackdown PPVs weren't that good since you get other matches that you would expect to see on Smackdown only and yet they are at a PPV. I mean its a PPV. Its supposed to be good yet some matches were not good since its either a squash or a disappointment.

It wasn't as back then when something unexpected happens that leaves us guessing and tuning in for Raw or Smackdown for more of what happened at the PPV.

The only time I can think of that a brand PPV that actually gave us an unexpected turn was New Years Revolution, which was a Raw PPV, and John Cena won the Elimination Chamber and Edge cashed in the MITB, speared Cena twice and won the WWE title.

#REAL!