Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Night Of Champion 2010 Thoughts

I thought the PPV was great. So far, this is the best PPV of the year. Yeah, I'd hate to put this PPV over the Wrestlemania 2010 ppv, especially since it includes HBK's farewell match. Still, I truly believe this PPV surpasses all PPVs this year.

-- Good solid match between Kofi and Ziggler to open the show. I hope that this is the final time they confront each other. They've been wrestling each other since july and its time they went their own ways.

-- I hate the fact that CM Punk lost in his hometown and after that amazing heel promo he cut. How the hell is WWE gonna let Big Show just dominate him over the last few weeks and let CM Punk get absolutely nothing over him?? He should have won this match.

-- Daniel Bryan vs The Miz was the match of the night, IMO. Both of them made the other look great. The Miz really impressed me in this match. I was one of the main people saying the Miz was not good when it came to in-ring ability - but he proved me wrong. The way he displayed his technical style against Daniel Bryan was good to watch. I'm so happy Daniel Bryan won the championship though. Now we have someone to finally bring prestige back to the US title.

-- The womens/divas unification match-up was actually a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. The divas looked lost on the outside. :/ However, McCool and Melina put on a good match. A nice showing of wrestling moves from both sides. Should LayCool have won? Ehhh. I guess. I just feel Melina should have won since she is technically the best diva WWE has right now.

-- Kane vs Taker lived up to the hype, IMO. It is good Kane beat Taker cleanly in this match. Now he is looking like a credible champion and this feud actually has some merit behind it.

-- The 5 tag team turmoil match was okay. I thought the USOs should have won the title, but McIntyre and Cody Rhodes should make a fine tag team.

-- The main event was really good to watch. From beginning to end. It was sad seeing Jericho go. I'm sure he will be back though. He is just taking a small hiatus to tour with Fozzy and spend time with his family. Randy Orton winning seemed right. He is the top guy in WWE right now. I do wish Miz would have cashed in though. The timing for a MITB cash in would have been perfect.

What are your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Damn you beat me by 2 minutes to this topic! I'll attempt to bring mine here, wait....

Blog Entries
    So, how do we all feel about this PPV? Who watched it? Who decided to wait for the results online? (I did)

Firstly, I'm glad Ziggler retained. This is a character that needs time to develop and the exposure to do it.
    I am truly surprised that Big Show beat Punk and it makes me wonder what plans they have for Show and if they will give him a run at the WHC.
    Daniel Bryan - what can you say? Obviously a very popular choice and I am a little curious to see what comes of this mention of weekly title defenses. (Assuming I read that right)
    As a fan of Lay-Cool, I'm glad McCool won. Also gratifying was how they made everyone think it was going to be the catalyst for a split, which it still may be, with Layla and Michelle arguing over which belt is official now and who it belongs to.
    Kane won, which is only right. I'm still holding hope that they can take this all the way to WMania but according to reports they are facing each other at Hell In A Cell, so who knows what WWE will decide to do. Personally, I'd like to see Kane drop the WHC before then to Big Show in a triple threat with Undertaker, bringing the 'Taker/Kane feud to a new level and making it NOT about the WHC and simply 'sibling' rivalry.
    Pissed off with the tag team match. No buildup whatsoever, Cody has held tag gold already about 500 times, Drew must have won a bet or something with Vince because he gets all these chances and I'm not sure why. He's ok, but nothing spectacular. Maybe the Queen of England has been leaning on Vince, because there is an awful lot of English, Irish and Scottish talent all of a sudden!
    As for the 6 Pack Challenge? Orton is an interesting choice, I wonder how long he'll keep it this time? I am very sorry to see Jericho go, but I can't say the writing wasn't on the wall there. My guess is he'll be back. Eventually.

Anyway, these are my impressions - what's yours???

Haha, I'm pretty fast. Good thoughts though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08 View Post
    Haha, I'm pretty fast. Good thoughts though.
    Lol, no problem.

Simply CANNOT agree with you about Melina. Gail kim is FAR superior to Melina in ring; Melina is a botch queen! I put McCool, Kelly Kelly, Beth Pheonix and Gail all above Melina. She has proven me nothing except how to botch and get injured, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Lol, no problem.

Simply CANNOT agree with you about Melina. Gail kim is FAR superior to Melina in ring; Melina is a botch queen! I put McCool, Kelly Kelly, Beth Pheonix and Gail all above Melina. She has proven me nothing except how to botch and get injured, sorry
    She also has a hard time coming to terms with the death of the diva division within WWE.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

well dolph vs kofi good match..kofi lost no more kofi vs ziggles please...dolph vs kaval that b nice....miz vs daniels good match overral predictable...miz needs more ring work imo cuz danielson carried the whole match...mcool is a joke defending wwe thinks the fans are stupid sayin they never recognize mcoool as a co holder but recognize layla as the true champ yet mcool defends and wins the unification titles...shows u what baging taker can get u..then taker vs kane so predictble kane wins over a recuperating taker who ws a vegetative state and needs time to recover good stuff good mtch by 2 veterans....the tag match my god is tag division dead in wwe seriouslu i would of rather had the usos won since drew and cody were geting singles pushes.,,,once hearts got eliminated the rest of the tag teams were joke so i knew it would go to drew and cody....and the main even jericho was gone too soon cena losing was good he put over wade...i just wish cena would stop owning nexus...i also like that sheamus ws left last i wish he would of retain since hes not a legit champ yet...hsnt won the chmpionship legitly or in 1 2 3 pin that he does alone...overall thisis the best ppv wwe has had all year and yes wm sucked only taker vs hbk was a good match...so this card was better...

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

The team of Rhodes and McIntyre seems so last minute, their gimmicks don't really go that well together - I just think they are keeping them in reserve by giving them the tag titles instead of a singles push to keep them happy. And does this mean they'll show up on Raw now? Great!

All in all I thought t was a good PPV

Really expected HHH to cost Sheamus his spot to build a match between the two at HIAC but maybe he doesnt feel like coming back yet.

I expected the Miz to wait until after the HIAC match to cash in so wasnt to dissapointed that it didnt happen here and everthing esle was ok also.
    AWESOME!!!

Blog Entries
    Im just so happy Daniel Bryan won, not only someone who will use the title, but he obviously has the ring talent.
    Oh and now the Miz is free to be a real MITB winner, and put fear in champions