Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Reks

Tyler Reks

Plain and simple, your opinion about him, your take on his gimmick, how (and if) you would push him. Would you prefer if he had a different character? Who do you think he should feud with?

Personally, i have a feeling his release is imminent, however if I'm wrong, i would like to see a feud between him and Daniel Bryan...just cause

They really shouldn't get rid of him. The Tyler Reks situation is definately due to not bringing him out of the gate properly.

The proper way to bring in a new wrestler is to have them be a heel, show that they are a dominant force, and then when they've proven they belong consider turning them face. Bringing in characters as faces just doesn't work often, and having NXT where we sit there and judge these vulnerable-looking wrestlers, just is not the way to do things. Tyler came in as a face, and nobody cared about him. This is why you can't start out a face, nobody knows who you are, therefore they don't care.

Examples of wrestlers brought out the gate wrong: Tyler Reks, Yoshi Tatsu (people like him but he's not going anywhere fast), and basically every single NXT wrestler (especially Daniel Bryan). Luckily, Nexxus saved the NXT season 1 guys from all falling flat.

Examples of WWE getting it right: Jinder Mahal (so much about this storyline is good all around, for Jinder, Khali, and the tag team division), Sheamus, Drew McIntyre (possibly best new wrestler debut ever).

Even after Reks turned heel, did he ever do anything that classifies as a heel? Moreorless he just changed his character, which doesn't talk much, and not talking much eventually leads to no one caring.... yet again.

We know nothing about Tyler Reks so why should we care? He debuted, was put in the main event of SummerSlam and then they dropped him. He shows 1 emotion, if you can call it an emotion, and never talks. I don't know what to expect from him. Can he wrestle? Can he talk? So why would I want him to be pushed? Only the people in the WWE know his strengts and weaknesses. And you can be brought in as a face, the only thing you need then is to win matches fair and square and people will like you eventually. Oh and by the way, WWE is already pushing plenty of people.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Tyler Reks wasn't in the Summerslam Main Event, that was Bragging Rights. Maybe you didn't see him when he was on ECW/Superstars. His surfer-mentality face run wasn't very interesting. He's got decent in-ring ability, he can talk alright, just not given a chance to really say anything interesting yet. His character change was different and mysterious, but he only had a few matches and for all I know maybe he's on Superstars every now and then, or dark matches. I think WWE can push everyone, at the same time really, because even though there needs to be winners and losers, you can win by cheating, lose by dq, interferences, whatnot. There's no reason really to have the same 10 wrestlers lose 90% of the time, bring in no-namers for the squash matches, and if there's too many people for camera time, maybe there isn't if they would insert chaos and have triple-threat, four-way, or even more people in matches at the same time. Chaos would make things a lot more interesting than so many 1-on-1 feuds, and provide more face time for these guys in danger of getting dropped.

Yeah you're right it was Bragging Rights, SS was Nexus vs WWE. Yes I didn't saw him on ECW, but according to you're description it wasn't anything noteworthy. I agree with you that he hasn't had a real chance I guess to make a name for himself, but you can't push everybody? There need to be clean wins or championship wins, so you can't push everybody, because that would make everybody equal to each other and that would mean that there would be no credibility in beating a guy if he can lose from anybody? And you need to have some guys that lose matches, because only beating no-namers in squash matches can only get you that far, you need some wins over contractual workers in the company before you can be considered a dangerous threat to a title. Triple thread matches and fourway matches are only interesting if it's for a #1 contendership match of championship match, if it's not for that cause you would have a random triple threat/fourway match for nothing? 1-on-1 feuds are necessary because it gives more credibility when you win or you must be booked in a match where you beat every single guy in your multi person match singlehandly. Has that ever been done anyway? Multi person matches means that there are also more losers in that match, so, yes, they have facetime, but they gain nothing with it, if everybody is pushed.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

At the same time, it doesn't mean much if you beat Tyler Reks, Chris Masters, Trent Barretta, or Yoshi Tatsu either, because they're at the bottom of the totem pole. Situational losses are the way to go about 75% of the time, anything from one bad move (like banging your head of the ringpost) to a timely reversal, or dq/interference/countout/somebody's else helping, the other 25% being legit wins over legit competition. I like how certain wrestlers have other wrestler's numbers (like sheamus over cena), but there's not much to be gained from having certain wrestlers that lose most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkanizator View Post
    Plain and simple, your opinion about him, your take on his gimmick, how (and if) you would push him. Would you prefer if he had a different character? Who do you think he should feud with?

Personally, i have a feeling his release is imminent, however if I'm wrong, i would like to see a feud between him and Daniel Bryan...just cause
    yeah if he isint relseased then a fued with bryan would help him...everything else about hims ok

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    We know nothing about Tyler Reks so why should we care? He debuted, was put in the main event of SummerSlam and then they dropped him. He shows 1 emotion, if you can call it an emotion, and never talks. I don't know what to expect from him. Can he wrestle? Can he talk? So why would I want him to be pushed? Only the people in the WWE know his strengts and weaknesses. And you can be brought in as a face, the only thing you need then is to win matches fair and square and people will like you eventually. Oh and by the way, WWE is already pushing plenty of people.
    He has pretty decent wrestling abilities, as for the fact he shows only one emotion, well...so do randy orton and the undertaker(I'm not putting saying he's on the same level as they are, or even close as a matter of fact). Quite frankly, if randy orton had no promos, and no nickname (and maybe if he had dreadlocks ), id say his character would be very similar to that of Reks... just, pointing that out there.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkanizator View Post
    He has pretty decent wrestling abilities, as for the fact he shows only one emotion, well...so do randy orton and the undertaker(I'm not putting saying he's on the same level as they are, or even close as a matter of fact). Quite frankly, if randy orton had no promos, and no nickname (and maybe if he had dreadlocks ), id say his character would be very similar to that of Reks... just, pointing that out there.....
    pretty good point. I actually care about this guy and would like to see him used more, I didn't realise he was in Bragging rights (dipped out around that point), I remeber hearing about him coming out of wwecw about the time that was getting closed down. I personally liked the back and forth between him and Chris Masters recently on Superstars (another guy that could have been something - it always annoyes me how just when i think he'll finally get a push he ends up bloody flexing his pecks), I actually thought they'd both appear more on Raw post Draft. i would personally have put them in mid card for a while and maybe start some complex story about under dogs gunning for Kofi's US title, quick turnaround making him a defending champ and building everyone involved up a bit (including Kofi and the Title). Wouldn't be surprised to see both Reks and Masters released though..

Blog Entries
    I can see Reks being released. He hasn't appeared since the draft (don't think he's even been in dark matches).
    Masters will be kept though IMO.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!