Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WWE's Best Thing Right Now & Years To Come...

Randy Orton.

Yes, Randy Orton is the best thing in the WWE. Say what you want but 2010 is truly the beginning of the Orton Era (especially since Orton just signed a 10 year deal with WWE earlier in the year). Orton is at the age when most guys are going to hit there peak & Orton is well on his way to become the "it" guy in the wrestling world. This turn of him becoming a tweener/anti-hero type is the best thing for both the WWE & Randy himself. Orton has that "Attitude Era" persona. He has mixture of Austin & Rock in him in terms of persona & in-ring skillset. I know some have said Orton should stay heel but no...he shouldn't. Orton may have a heel-like persona but so did Stone Cold & The Rock who were both really tweener/anti-hero types but mixed it at times being a semi-babyface-like persona & a heel-like persona but were most successful & at there peaks when they were just plain out-and-out tweeners. Randy Orton becoming a tweener is already showing the crowd has been wanting this badly & he's getting loudest pops as of late let alone RKO signs are all over the place in the areana crowd. Sure, John Cena is "Vince's poster child" of the WWE but Randy Orton is the real star & the real "it" guy.

Also, the report of Orton being "unhappy" with his character is false through-and-through. Hell, Randy Orton is still heel-like but just a tweener & more bad@$$ which is again the best thing for Orton but truth be told, no matter what they do to Orton's character from here on out he's going to be an ultimate fan favorite especially since he's getting loud pops no matter who he RKO's & that includes Cena.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The best thing about orton being the top face is, now they will probably make Cena the top heel. Although they've clashed MAAAANNNY times before, the reversals of roles would change things dramatically.
    I remember reading an interview with hogan where he said that soon the wwe would be able to change cena & orton and the fans would accept it... IMO that time
    is now!!
    Then again most of the fans who boo cena would probably cheer him should he turn
    heel... Oh the irony

Getting back to orton don't you think it's about time he graced the silver screen. I mean, surely they couldn't be worse than cena's...
    The big question is though, where would this leave a certain owners son in law?
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 09-28-2010 at 03:27 AM.

I might've agreed with the title when he was a heel, but his run as a face is almost as painful as watching AJ Styles as a heel. Actually, I lie, nothing is that bad. But still, Orton is a natural heel and plays both the cocky and smug type of heel and the psychopathic heel absolutely perfectly.

The problem with the WWE is they let the crowd pops influence their heels and faces. In my opinion, Steve Austin was a much better heel than he was a face, but because the fans cheered for him WWE decided they should cash in on the merchandise sales and turn him into a fan favourite. It was all good while he was beating up Vince McMahon, but after that was done with good guy Steve really got boring.

I just hate the way the WWE have to make everything so black and white, so organised and predictable. They fail to understand that some people actually like cheering for the bad guys. I was a huge fan of Orton the heel, but I'm just not interested in him any more.

Quote Originally Posted by shanethewolf View Post
    I might've agreed with the title when he was a heel, but his run as a face is almost as painful as watching AJ Styles as a heel. Actually, I lie, nothing is that bad. But still, Orton is a natural heel and plays both the cocky and smug type of heel and the psychopathic heel absolutely perfectly.

The problem with the WWE is they let the crowd pops influence their heels and faces. In my opinion, Steve Austin was a much better heel than he was a face, but because the fans cheered for him WWE decided they should cash in on the merchandise sales and turn him into a fan favourite. It was all good while he was beating up Vince McMahon, but after that was done with good guy Steve really got boring.

I just hate the way the WWE have to make everything so black and white, so organised and predictable. They fail to understand that some people actually like cheering for the bad guys. I was a huge fan of Orton the heel, but I'm just not interested in him any more.

I agree with you both were better as heels. The problem with the WWE when they turn someone face is that they homgenize them. Make them say the same catch phrases over and over again. Make them do their signature moves very predictably. You can see a RKO coming for miles now.

EDGE

He got some major pops over the past few years now, but most notably the loudest pop he ever got was back when he returned at the royal rumble as the 30th entry. Even Matt Striker marked out an said, "Oh SHI-" on PG programming which gave me my laughs for that whole entire night. As for Randy Orton he is very nice. I had a really long conversation with him on Twitter about puppies, and I also met him 5 times in person(4 times during his evolution days, and once last year before HHH raided his house with a sledgehammer,) and he used to be extremely ripped. People may hate on Orton just because he is in the main event but I really think you should meet the guy before you start calling him a failure to the WWE. The pops he has been getting recently prove otherwise. I hope he keeps the gold for a good while. I heard recently that creative are wanting to put the belt back on Cena? No!!! I love Cena but it gets boring seeing him going after the title at each an every ppv when he is not away filming a movie.

Also, to my knowledge... Edge played a better psycho than Randy did. I think the way he throws his arms around an bulges out the veins in his neck after a clothesline is kind of stupid looking(talking about the viper). I liked the heel Randy that was apart of Rated RKO where he had loads of personality more. Now they wont let him showcase that. When I used to hang out backstage during 2002 with my Uncle Mark (He met hogan in florida an the two became friends) so Hulkster got me an my uncle backstage as guests. The pops back then were phenomenal, especially when Kane returned! It was a happy moment for me. Edge was even there visiting backstage an he gave me a pair of his sunglasses. =/ RIP UNCLE MARK!!
    Last edited by BaileyRose; 09-28-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm happy as long as Orton isn't booked like a coward. Legacy was a terrible time for me because every Orton match would either end up in a DQ or Orton losing to the face. Fact is, if Orton can't be a full-fledged heel and dominant, I'd rather have tweener/anti-hero and dominant. One thing that will not work for sure is Orton as a face.

Isn't Orton having a problem being a babyface? He said he would rather be a full heel than tweener.

I admit that Orton and face don't mix.

#REAL!

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I feel the hate coming my way before i even get done writing this post. I like professionalism in people whether they work at a gas station or in the rasslin business. Mr RKO has shown very little and that's sad. When Kofi was in the wrong position for the RKO Randy yelling at him on national tv just showed his true colors. No one on God's green earth is perfect and that includes Mr. RKO. I'm all for second chances but this has happened more than once. Randy acting like a bad ass and tearing up hotel rooms tells me even more about the guy even though i hear he hasn't done this in awhile and that's a good thing. When Mr. RKO complains about another talent kiss their push goodbye and i can only assume he has friends in high places (HHH). As for Randy's rassling ability IMO its ok at best. When i see him on tv or in person i can call out his moves before he does them. It goes like this, punch, punch, kick, kick, RKO, go for the pin. As for Mr. RKO being a face or a heel it doesn't matter, he is still the same character either way. When people compare him to one of the greats like Austin or the Rock i just laugh my ass off. He couldn't hold up those two jock straps if he tried. Randy is the viper, he is not the beer drinking, don't take shit from anyone Austin, nor his he the most electrifying man in sports entertainment THE GREAT ONE. In time he might be in the same class as both of those greats but that road is a long and tedious one. Very few make it that big and no one will ever surpass them. The bar was set way to high. I like the RKO move it is a classic for sure and it can come out of nowhere which makes it not only a classic but one of the best rasslin moves ever. My point is with Randy right now their is way to much sizzle and not enough steak. U MAD???

For the select few that want to know more about the man that freely admits he is a shameless shower squirter I have updated my profile and by all means please click on the (about me) tab at the top of the profile page. It will give you some understanding of the man, the legend, the one and only IPEEINTHESHOWER. U MAD???
    Last edited by IPEEINTHESHOWER; 09-28-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I feel the hate coming my way before i even get done writing this post. I like professionalism in people whether they work at a gas station or in the rasslin business. Mr RKO has shown very little and that's sad. When Kofi was in the wrong position for the RKO Randy yelling at him on national tv just showed his true colors. No one on God's green earth is perfect and that includes Mr. RKO. I'm all for second chances but this has happened more than once. Randy acting like a bad ass and tearing up hotel rooms tells me even more about the guy even though i hear he hasn't done this in awhile and that's a good thing. When Mr. RKO complains about another talent kiss their push goodbye and i can only assume he has friends in high places (HHH). As for Randy's rassling ability IMO its ok at best. When i see him on tv or in person i can call out his moves before he does them. It goes like this, punch, punch, kick, kick, RKO, go for the pin. As for Mr. RKO being a face or a heel it doesn't matter, he is still the same character either way. When people compare him to one of the greats like Austin or the Rock i just laugh my ass off. He couldn't hold up those two jock straps if he tried. Randy is the viper, he is not the beer drinking, don't take shit from anyone Austin, nor his he the most electrifying man in sports entertainment THE GREAT ONE. In time he might be in the same class as both of those greats but that road is a long and tedious one. Very few make it that big and no one will ever surpass them. The bar was set way to high. I like the RKO move it is a classic for sure and it can come out of nowhere which makes it not only a classic but one of the best rasslin moves ever. My point is with Randy right now their is way to much sizzle and not enough steak. U MAD???

For the select few that want to know more about the man that is called IPEEINTHESHOWER I have updated my profile and by all means please click on the (about me) tab at the top of the profile page. It will give you some understanding of the man, the legend, the one and only IPEEINTHESHOWER. U MAD???
    I agree that Randy Orton will never reach the calibur of Rock an Austin, but he is still pretty darn huge in the WWE at the moment. Some of his moves do infact mirror off some of Austins moves which led people to begin making comparisions of the two. I really have no idea how Rocky fits into the matter. I think in time Randy will mold into his very own legendary status inside of the ring despite his well known attitude problems. Randy has already said he would be retiring when he reaches his 40s which is 9 or 10 years away? (: I would be well into my 30s by then!

I have grown to like you as just that mysterious guy who has funny opinions that pees in his shower.

fortune is the best thing going right now....they are without a doubt the best thing right now why bcuz flair is steppin back a bit and aj styles has stepped out...he is a legitimate heel and i think hes doing a good job and improvin on the mic...he was painful to watch but litle by litle hes gettin there