Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Sheamus: Now With 100% More Cloverleaf. Yay?

Now for those of you who didn't catch Raw, Sheamus seemingly debuted a new finisher as he won his match with the cloverleaf. Now I, for one, am a fan of submissions, and seeing someone put use to the cloverleaf in the WWE again is somewhat of a breath of fresh air to me. However, I feel like there are others on the roster who could've better benefitted from a new (or at least added) finisher. Sheamus already has the Brogue Kick and the High Cross, two finishers that fit him perfectly (though he rarely connects with the High Cross). But as always, there are bound to be people with other opinions on the matter.

So my question is, do you think this was a great move by the WWE, or a case of giving someone a finisher they didn't need?

I think the Cloverleaf makes Sheamus a much more dangerous adversary.. I think the move he never needed was the High Cross..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

i think its great his other finisher is so old and tipical the clover leaf is something fresh

I just about shit when I saw Sheamus use the Cloverleaf submission hold.
    Rated-R? More like PG.

To be honest I've never liked seeing big guys using submissions, and on a guy like sheamus who's always been about a straight beat down it just doesn't seem to fit
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Normal Member
    He should have did some kind of "its over" type of taunt before he applied the hold. Its a good look for sheamus to me but it sort of didn't look good on santino.
    I HATE Randy Orton! He gave my grandma a wedgie! She was butthurt for 2 weeks before she succumbed to her injuries! She went to the grave in an ass cast!
    F-U my twin found that hilarious.

>Irish dude
    >Cloverleaf
    >Four leaf clover

He should have a finisher named after every Lucky Charms marshmallow
    Not removing until these happen... or until I get bored of them...

- Zack Ryder holds his first LIVE Z True Long Island Stories on RAW
    - Cm Punk, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero and Colt Cabana are all signed to form C4
    - More to come as I think of them

One request fullfilled.

I never thought the high cross looked good or believable and a good majority of sheamus' offense works the back so I think the cloverleaf is a good fit. Plus it's rarely used so all these kiddies prolly think it's new

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    I never thought the high cross looked good or believable and a good majority of sheamus' offense works the back so I think the cloverleaf is a good fit. Plus it's rarely used so all these kiddies prolly think it's new
    LMAO those kiddies prolly think it's new. True my friend. Very true.

On topic, don't see big guys do submission moves, looked cool. Not like Malenko but still good. Adds a new dimension to the wrestler.

"I am not a NUGGET!"