Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Enhancement" talents.

Do you like the idea of "enhancement" talents, who are non-WWE wrestlers taken from FCW or somewhere else to show up in a match just so the WWE superstar being "pushed" can quickly show off without much effort? One match I watched in August I believe was Big Show vs. 3 different "enhancers" in a 3-on-1 match. After that, the last match I recall (but did not watch) using an "enhancer" was whatever the guy's name was against Alberto Del Rio during Rio's 2nd week on SMACKDOWN. Can WWE do without matches involving the "enhancement" talents?

At times I don't think those "enhancers" are necessary. I figured there are enough on the main roster that are lower card to do that for them. Maybe those lower card guys aren't willing to be "enhancers." I could have already figured that out.

Blog Entries
    Oh u mean jobbers. I think it really degrades the "enhancers" and really just kills any dream they had of being a serious competitor in that promotion.
    "Your soul is mine!"

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'll make this short and sweet. I believe the enhancement talents are just happy to get a pay check and its probably one of the biggest of their career. Not to many people can claim that they showcased their talent under the biggest and brightest lights in their profession even though they got their $@#% kicked under those lights. I'm sure between the choice of parking cars/working at subway or getting beat up for 3-5 in the ring for the same price i think most of us would take the beating gladly. U MAD???

Quote Originally Posted by djsoulslayer View Post
    Oh u mean jobbers. I think it really degrades the "enhancers" and really just kills any dream they had of being a serious competitor in that promotion.
    Yeah, basically jobbers get tossed around for 2 mins before being pinned. There are too many talents on the roster for anyone to be a jobber anymore.

R.I.P. Guys

Well im sure they would use someone in the WWE if they werent pushing the idea right now that everyone in the WWE is a "superstar" thats partially why they bring people from outside the company for those squash matches IMO.

Jobbers from FCW? Why not just keep using Evan Bourne, Santino, and Ryder.

The enhancement talents serve a purpose, and there have been many guys throughout the years that have been more than happy to work five minutes a night, get tossed around, dumped on their head, and pinned on national TV.

Old guys like me remember that most wrestling programming in the 80's was nothing but top guys stomping the snot outta jobbers week in and week out. Mulkeymania was running wild every Saturday night on TBS, and the era of the jobber was in full swing. As long as we don't get back there, I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by the_legend View Post
    The enhancement talents serve a purpose, and there have been many guys throughout the years that have been more than happy to work five minutes a night, get tossed around, dumped on their head, and pinned on national TV.

Old guys like me remember that most wrestling programming in the 80's was nothing but top guys stomping the snot outta jobbers week in and week out. Mulkeymania was running wild every Saturday night on TBS, and the era of the jobber was in full swing. As long as we don't get back there, I will be happy.
    I actually miss the jobbers. A really good enhancement guy would actually put on a competitive match before being pinned. I think they need to bring them back on a limmited basis to get the mid card and undercard guys over because they are pretty much being used as jobbers themselves right now. I agree with you though we don't want to get back to all squash matches like we had in the 80's but a happy medium/

Deepest dwellings of the subconscious mind
    Jobbers, or "enhancers" for this post's purposes, are not a necessary part of wrestling, but they are a part of the history and culture of wrestling. I agree with the notion that with all the wrestlers on the roster a low-level wrestler would suffice with pushing an up-and-comer. I also, however, come from an era where wrestlers like The Brooklyn Brawler, Lanny Poffo, and 'Iron' Mike Sharp almost made jobbing into an artform. They were entertaining to watch, mostly because you knew a severe thrashing was just moments away. So I guess my official stance is that I would like to see it eliminated for competition purposes, but if it remains its cool with me.
    I do think it would be most imperative if you left now......

Quote Originally Posted by IrkenInvader View Post
    Jobbers from FCW? Why not just keep using Evan Bourne, Santino, and Ryder.
    Ryder might actually get a push soon. WWWYK!