Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Raw Thread

Im pretty sure they forgot that he was supposed to be there.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    It's been said already but I figure I'll say it myself. I thought last night's RAW was complete trash.

Gabriel and Heath Slater won by count out. The count out in Gabriel's match was just ridiculous, as Sheamus running to the outside of the ring and brawling with Randy Orton should have made the match a No Contest or an Orton victory via DQ or pretty much anything other than what actually happened. Health Slater winning via count out was predictable the second they got out of the ring, as anyone with a brain guessed Slater would dodge a spear and get back in the ring. What's terrible about these count out victories is that not only are they lame and don't put over the victor, but WWE made sure to put over Orton and Edge after the matches anyways with a post-match beat down.

Tarver winning via opportunistic roll-up was rich as well. After all, why have legit victories when you can use a spot that no one believes in while killing Daniel Bryan's return momentum. Also, just to keep it short, not a fan of Morrison and R-Truth jobbing for jobbers.

In my opinion, WWE used this storyline too early. I feel that this episode should have been saved for the end of Nexus and used as a way of keeping the wrestler's the WWE wants and dropping the wrestler's they don't want (and Otunga). Instead, they put over people who either don't need to be put over or people who don't deserve to be put over. In short, I want my 2 hours back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    With the move to a new network you need to do something to bring in viewers, after some time it'll balance out
    sure hope so i use to watch smackdown more when it had lesnar taker kurt eddie benoit etc and went down hill since hd came in i think

raw was good last night i thought bit predictable that young would be the one that would get kicked out of Nexus though and glad Daniel Bryan is back

I think Darren Young should cut his hair and become a Cena disciple. I mean dude looks like a chocolate version of the Master of the Five moves of Doom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Rebound? Two matches ended in countout, a victory over Morrison & Truth doesn't mean anything, Tarver was just an afterthought. None of them were put over, minus Barrett because Jericho is the only top guy who actually the cahones to *gasp* put someone over.

Good point about Young. No clue about him. He had a decent story with Punk, but sadly WWE has forgotten about it
    They're heels. They use dirty tactics win. I'll agree that they could've been executed better (well, a lot better) but you can't have the heels just come out and wipe the floor with all those guys in 1 on 1 matches. Hell, Wendy said it himself. He told Edge something like "theres nothing wrong with another Nexus win by forfeit."

Barrett over Jericho clean is believable as Barrett is getting into the World Title picture and is the leader. The tag victory was lame but at least it gives them a clean win. I wish Gabriel and Orton would've gotten some time to at least make Gabriel look like he belongs in the same ring as Orton. Slater over Edge clean wouldn't have been right. Although they should've had Slater give Edge a good beatdown in the back instead just the one punch. Then during their match Slater could've taken advantage and used the outside to take out Edge and get the count-out victory that way. I was fine with Tarver-Bryan. They advance the angle between Miz-Bryan and Tarver got the cheap win. Then Cena over Young and Nexus beatdown on Young.

So aside from the usual garbage with the guest hosts and the divas and the backstage comedy, I didnt think RAW was that awful. Im not saying it deserves show of the year or anything but it got Nexus back on track after the loss at Summerslam - which for me was a big concern.

BTW - someone earlier posted they forgot Riley was supposed to be on RAW. Couldn't agree more. He for sure showed up there and when he walked in the door they were like "Uhhh... WTF are you doin here?" lol

Nah rah wasn't that bad. The Orton/Gabriel match was a bit stupid though as there has been countless times where that would be a DQ.
    "Well Ya Know Sumthin Mean Gene....???"

"Would You Please SHUT...THE HELL...UP!"

[edit].

Nah Raw wasn't that bad at all. The Orton/Gabriel match was a bit stupid though as there has been countless times where that would be a DQ.
    "Well Ya Know Sumthin Mean Gene....???"

"Would You Please SHUT...THE HELL...UP!"

I would have preferred to have seen Orton absolutely own Gabriel, instead they went with a stupid ass count out finish, which they had already done in one match, why do it in two?

They could really have shown Randy destroy Gabriel, especially since he was shown to be in a foul mood, but I guess they wanted to build on the Orton/Sheamus rivalry.

Thought it was an OK Raw, although was disappointed that Truth/Morrison lost, although I guess they lost to show how "tough" Sheffield is.

Quote Originally Posted by ch.brooks24 View Post
    They're heels. They use dirty tactics win. I'll agree that they could've been executed better (well, a lot better) but you can't have the heels just come out and wipe the floor with all those guys in 1 on 1 matches. Hell, Wendy said it himself. He told Edge something like "theres nothing wrong with another Nexus win by forfeit."

Barrett over Jericho clean is believable as Barrett is getting into the World Title picture and is the leader. The tag victory was lame but at least it gives them a clean win. I wish Gabriel and Orton would've gotten some time to at least make Gabriel look like he belongs in the same ring as Orton. Slater over Edge clean wouldn't have been right. Although they should've had Slater give Edge a good beatdown in the back instead just the one punch. Then during their match Slater could've taken advantage and used the outside to take out Edge and get the count-out victory that way. I was fine with Tarver-Bryan. They advance the angle between Miz-Bryan and Tarver got the cheap win. Then Cena over Young and Nexus beatdown on Young.

So aside from the usual garbage with the guest hosts and the divas and the backstage comedy, I didnt think RAW was that awful. Im not saying it deserves show of the year or anything but it got Nexus back on track after the loss at Summerslam - which for me was a big concern.

BTW - someone earlier posted they forgot Riley was supposed to be on RAW. Couldn't agree more. He for sure showed up there and when he walked in the door they were like "Uhhh... WTF are you doin here?" lol
    The match's were solid, it's just that so many cheap finishes leave me with a bad taste in my mouth and feeling bitter. The cheap finishes from Summerfest didn't help neither
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Randy Orton hitting Shemus with that Chair and then RKO >>>> Rest of Raw