ROH Lack of singles pushs

Why isnt ROH pushing Chris Hero and claudio castagnoli in more singles matches or even World title main event matches?....These men have a very main event intimidating look and they can obvisley go in the Ring and there over as heels.... im not understanding this. Im not saying give them the world titles but make them serious contenders.

And why isnt shelton benjamin getting some sort of Singles push....and Haas could sure as hell go in the ring also (plus he has great range as we seenin WWE)....ROH needs to make some new Main eventers.

The simple answer is that the tag team division matters in Ring of Honor. Are Claudio and Hero worthy of singles pushes? Absolutely. Are they consistently needed in that role? Not really. They mean much more to the tag division right now than any other team in wrestling. That being said, Hero did just get a ROH title match, and I would expect Claudio is in line for one. The singles division isn't the deepest at the moment, but ROH was probably unable to bring in anyone else due to their impending sale. As for Hass and Benjamin, it doesn't make a ton of sense to make your tag champs main event singles stars. They would work great in that role, just not right now. However, it has always been a ROH hallmark to give major tag team guys world title shots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see all four guys in the singles mix from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkillington View Post
    The simple answer is that the tag team division matters in Ring of Honor. Are Claudio and Hero worthy of singles pushes? Absolutely. Are they consistently needed in that role? Not really. They mean much more to the tag division right now than any other team in wrestling. That being said, Hero did just get a ROH title match, and I would expect Claudio is in line for one. The singles division isn't the deepest at the moment, but ROH was probably unable to bring in anyone else due to their impending sale. As for Hass and Benjamin, it doesn't make a ton of sense to make your tag champs main event singles stars. They would work great in that role, just not right now. However, it has always been a ROH hallmark to give major tag team guys world title shots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see all four guys in the singles mix from time to time.
    I dont see why they cant be a tag team and singles stars.... i think its holding them down a bit from there full potenial.... ill be honest im not the biggest fan of Tag Team wrestling... Certainly i respect and love the Steiners, BullDogs, Hart foundation and all but if HBK and Bret Hart stood in just tag teams all there career than that be such wasted potenial..... To me Tag Team Wrestling is to get people over to single pushes or get 2 people who cant get over on there own (Roaddog and billy gunn) and put them in a Tag team and let there magic work..... I think they could be a great Tag Team and stillMoonlight as main eventers when needed... Like a said i few good programs or singles feuds wont End The ROH Tag divison, if anything if they had some singles success,it make there Tag team look that much more dominate.

I love to atleast see them feud or have one on one matches with a Tag team..... maybe Have Hero and Haas Feud you know, it would just make there Tag team matches that much more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER View Post
    I dont see why they cant be a tag team and singles stars.... i think its holding them down a bit from there full potenial.... ill be honest im not the biggest fan of Tag Team wrestling... Certainly i respect and love the Steiners, BullDogs, Hart foundation and all but if HBK and Bret Hart stood in just tag teams all there career than that be such wasted potenial..... To me Tag Team Wrestling is to get people over to single pushes or get 2 people who cant get over on there own (Roaddog and billy gunn) and put them in a Tag team and let there magic work..... I think they could be a great Tag Team and stillMoonlight as main eventers when needed... Like a said i few good programs or singles feuds wont End The ROH Tag divison, if anything if they had some singles success,it make there Tag team look that much more dominate.

I love to atleast see them feud or have one on one matches with a Tag team..... maybe Have Hero and Haas Feud you know, it would just make there Tag team matches that much more personal.
    See where we differ is that I love tag team wrestling. A good tag division goes miles towards my enjoyment of a product. I loved 90's WWF where the tag division was red hot with the Hardys, Edge and Christian, the Dudleys, the APA, The New Age Outlaws, and all the others. I think you're right in the sense that great tag teams should either remain that way forever or split into great singles wrestlers, but I don't think the time for that has come for the Kings.

I'm not sure how much you've been following the product, but Claudio and Shelton just had what was described as a fantastic match at Supercard of Honor (which was billed as a Grudge Match), so your idea is at least being implemented somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkillington View Post
    See where we differ is that I love tag team wrestling. A good tag division goes miles towards my enjoyment of a product. I loved 90's WWF where the tag division was red hot with the Hardys, Edge and Christian, the Dudleys, the APA, The New Age Outlaws, and all the others. I think you're right in the sense that great tag teams should either remain that way forever or split into great singles wrestlers, but I don't think the time for that has come for the Kings.

I'm not sure how much you've been following the product, but Claudio and Shelton just had what was described as a fantastic match at Supercard of Honor (which was billed as a Grudge Match), so your idea is at least being implemented somewhat.
    Yeah i hope ROH gets a Good TV Deal with a little better production and direction..... I actually Like ROH at times, i mostly buy there commercial DVDS so i make sure to get all the best matches for the best price....

I always thought PWG should get like a HBO Cable deal maybe once a week or month.... That be freaking awesome

Blog Entries
    A great Wrestler can adapt or wrestle either singles or tag team.....
    In which I agree only certain guys in ROH gets title shots or single pushes......There are guys who is great single wrestlers being held back in tag team wrestling the thing is.... Such as Castagnoli and Hero
    Which it also happens in TNA and WWE....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???