Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Is Sinclair a big company in the States?
    I did some research on them, they are a big enough company to provide to mainly the east coast of the states.. The only state in the west that they provide for is Nevada.. So they are big in certain regions but not BIG to the point where they touch every market.. Also the states of Arizona, Illinois, and California dont exist on their market maps, instead they are replaced with states called "we will destroy this one", "that one", and "the portapotty state".. Im kidding about the maps lolol..
    Here's their website: www.sbgi.net

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

There's a pretty interesting article on this here: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/5/...o-roh-purchase

Most notably for this

She estimated that the purchase price was under $10 million
    Vince purchased WCW for 4.3 million. Think about that.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    There's a pretty interesting article on this here: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/5/...o-roh-purchase

Most notably for this

Vince purchased WCW for 4.3 million. Think about that.
    Its kind of comparing apples and oranges. WCW was the definition of a fire sale. It was a broken product losing fan support that had no backing from the corporation that controlled it. ROH is a company that at the very least is in the black, with a growing fan base. Its still impressive to think about though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    I did some research on them, they are a big enough company to provide to mainly the east coast of the states.. The only state in the west that they provide for is Nevada.. So they are big in certain regions but not BIG to the point where they touch every market.. Also the states of Arizona, Illinois, and California dont exist on their market maps, instead they are replaced with states called "we will destroy this one", "that one", and "the portapotty state".. Im kidding about the maps lolol..
    Here's their website: www.sbgi.net
    So, according to this, is Eric Bischoff not too biased about ROH?: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headli...restling_S.php

Ring of Honor's sale to Sinclair Broadcasting? Bischoff said he will get a lot of heat for saying this, and he has nothing against Ring of Honor and wishes them the best as it is nice for talent to have different places to work. That being said, he says people are kidding themselves. He said Sinclair is like 20 television stations with 22% market penetration in the United States. 22% means you don't exist from an advertiser's point of view. It means Nielsen doesn't track you as a network. From a pay-per-view standpoint, it won't register on the Richter scale and that is assuming they get clearing in 20 television stations. He says it's good that RoH has something. He said people are getting excited for a lot of nothing. The syndicated television market is not what it was 15-20 years ago. People back then used to migrate to Vegas for an executive convention and tens of millions of dollars were spent by syndicators/producers, with bands from around the world brought in. Now, it takes part in a lobby in a hotel in Vegas. He says while syndication is not dead, it's just not what it was 15-20 years ago.
    As I'm not american, I'd like to have a little explanation about it.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkillington View Post
    Its kind of comparing apples and oranges. WCW was the definition of a fire sale. It was a broken product losing fan support that had no backing from the corporation that controlled it. ROH is a company that at the very least is in the black, with a growing fan base. Its still impressive to think about though.
    Actually WCW it was being made to look like a broken product.... They still had 2 or 3 million fans watching Nitro and Thunder weekly, and was pulling ratings in the 2.5s to 3.0s... Sure the company wasn't behind the product.... Which is why it was sold so cheap... which if you add certain talent contracts in that WWE required then it wasn't sold that cheap!!!! I would it cost WWE maybe $5 million to bring in the guys Booker T, Hurricane, Arn Anderson, Torrie Wilson, Stacey Keibler, Lance Storm, Hugh Morris, Buff Bagwell and DDP, and etc????

But one would have to question why ROH was sold??? I hope it does become a top player in wrestling myself.... Hope to see it with a better TV deal...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    So, according to this, is Eric Bischoff not too biased about ROH?: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headli...restling_S.php

As I'm not american, I'd like to have a little explanation about it.
    Bischoff pretty much saying the ROH product will be controlled by the stations it self... Some will give ROH a good time slot, others will give ROH a time slot less appealing....

With Syndication TV here in the states, it more less shows that is cheaply produced, or TV reruns that is set to fill a certain time slot.... Hope that helps....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I wish ROH would come to a channel people actually get. They went from a channel nobody gets to a company that only has 15-20 channels in the US and those channels are limited to the cities they are in . So almost nobody still gets it.

At least they have it on the internet this time. I hope they put it up on the internet after it is done broadcasting since I guarantee I'll probably be working 90% of the time it is on.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan316 View Post
    I wish ROH would come to a channel people actually get. They went from a channel nobody gets to a company that only has 15-20 channels in the US and those channels are limited to the cities they are in . So almost nobody still gets it.

At least they have it on the internet this time. I hope they put it up on the internet after it is done broadcasting since I guarantee I'll probably be working 90% of the time it is on.
    You have to understand, it's a work in progress. I mean, atleast they are going to be on in some home. Some enough to where it might give them just enough exposure to appeal to national outlets.
    YouTube.com/NiFe628
    Twitter.com/NiFederico

Won't remove until:

WWE finally creates cable Network - X (Date for it has been set)
    Someone invents a WWE app that doesn't suck - X (WWE Superstar Slingshot is pretty cool)
    Vince buys TNA and/or ROH
    Jeff Hardy's court case stops - X (Served Time)
    Hornswoggle is released
    half of the "Divas" get fired
    The Miz and Morrison headline a PPV - X (Miz headlined Mania)