Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Speaking of a Rockstar book and the evil of drugs, I read a book called "Angry Chair" which was about the life of the late Alice in Chains front man, Layne Staley. This book was written by an author who actually interviewed Layne over the phone during the last stages of his life. He was very blunt talking about how his heroin addiction destroyed his life and how it cost him his teeth, his ability to control his bowels, and that he just couldn't stop using it and urges others to never start. Really sad as he was an amazing singer. When they discovered his body, he had been dead for nearly 2 weeks and was surrounded by needles.
    I have read the Heroin Diaries about 5 times, might post my own review on it. Would like to read the book about Layne, I was a big fan. Sad story.

Blog Entries

Adam Copeland on EDGE

Just finished this book and it was everything you could hope for in a wrestling book. It takes you from his childhood to his fandom to getting started in the biz (all the tales of going hungry and working in broom closets you can take) to signing with WWE, right up until he broke his neck initially. It's thorough and hand written like Mick Foley's (who supplies the foreword) and I have to agree is as good as Foley's and Flair's book (which I am reading now) were said to have been.

Hopefully (surely?) we will see another book from Copeland covering the second half of his wrestling career. Great read.

10/10

When Being Chunkky Drives you NUTZZZ
    ITS A great Book describing everything in his life and How being Chunkky effects everyday Life and How Going Nutzzz is not as bad as people think....
    Its AWonderful Read I suggest U Pic it Up

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

What Was The Last Book You Read?

In the tradition of Last Movie Watched and Currently Listening To threads I'm throwing a little refinement out there. What is your favorite book and/or what are you currently reading? I'll go first. So far my favorite book has been Cormac McCarthy's The Road (movie was pretty good as well). Something about being a father really allowed me to connect with the story more than I've ever connected with a book. I am now getting started on A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

I've read and very much enjoyed the Sisters of the Moon Series by Yasmine Galenorn, these are some of my all time favorite books.

I also read the Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Twilight series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Zero View Post
    I've read and very much enjoyed the Sisters of the Moon Series by Yasmine Galenorn, these are some of my all time favorite books.

oh know, you didn't say the T word did you
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    oh know, you didn't say the T word did you
    Lol The books do justice to the series not the horrible movies.

Often times its best to read the books and imagine in your head as the author intended rather than seeing it the way a multi-million dollar movie studio wants you to see it.

Its been that way with most book series I've read throughout the years.

Lol The books do justice to the series not the horrible movies.

Often times its best to read the books and imagine in your head as the author intended rather than seeing it the way a multi-million dollar movie studio wants you to see it.

Its been that way with most book series I've read throughout the years.
    I never even tried to read it because of the whole vampire not bursting into flames, undead reproduction, and werewolf pedobear action

Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    I never even tried to read it because of the whole vampire not bursting into flames, undead reproduction, and werewolf pedobear action
    Hahahahaha I understand.

Still it wasnt a bad book series to read besides I was in Iowa at the time, reading was the only thing in the winter; going out to drink a beer and such when the temperature was -16 degrees with 23 miles an hour winds wasnt always the most sane and ideal thing to do so I had to do read something lol and all my friends there being caucasian vampire book lovers when I asked them what book I should read, Twilight happened lol.