Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Stunner!!!Stunner!!!Stunner!!!"- Jim Ross

I don't about you, but I miss Jim Ross. I have a question. If you can, give me opinions on J.R.. Mines is that Jim Ross played a major part in alot of great rivalries, and the rise of a lot of great superstars. Not only that, he knew how to sell a finshers. He knew how sell guys to be memorable villians (Triple H is a good example), He help make matches mean something.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    his reactions to things..with words and comments..SON OF A BITCH! that was always a favorite of mine one thing that ill always remember..is his comments in the dx vs rated rko..when they beat the crap out of them and edge was about to conchairto michaels..ross said DONT DO THIS EDGE...EDGE DOONT DO THIS ..AGHHH...that and my favorite when michaels was in a 2 on one match with randy and edge..and michaels won and ross said DX IS NOT DEAD...DX IS ALIIVE KING

In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    You cant replace greatness, no matter how much Vinnie Mac tries.

Blog Entries
    The problem is there's only one JR and unfortunately we can't clone him. You're right in saying that he was perhaps the greatest "seller" on the mic that wrestling has ever had. Vince won't bring him back because he's threatened by JR - he knows that JR is more liked, has more intuitive knowledge and probably a better sense of the business than he will ever have. JR should be running that company

Mick Foley is a deadman! As god as my witness Mick Foley has been broken in half!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrkenInvader View Post
    Mick Foley is a deadman! As god as my witness Mick Foley has been broken in half!
    Actually IMO, Lawler took the cake that night - "That's it, he's dead!!!"

Best commentator ever! Nobody has had the ability to capture the energy and mood of a match quite like him. He really had this uncanny ability to express what the audience was thinking and make you feel as if you were not in your living room but right there at ring side.

Cole can't replace him, I don't think anyone can, he was one of a kind.

Blog Entries
    The way he showed Triple H was a heel was great imo.
    Certainly made him look like a badass

Blog Entries
    His reactions were/are irreplacable. i felt as i was with him and not watching from a tv

Blog Entries
    JR is just a good ole, down-to-earth guy who many of us can really relate to. His passion for wrestling really shown through his commentary and enhanced what was going on in the ring. To me...a great match doesn't just depend on what the wrestlers bring to the table but how it is to presented to us by the commentators. JR knew how to present it.
    "Your soul is mine!"