Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Top 5 WCW superstars of all time:

Who do you think were the greatest 5 WCW wrestlers of all time?
    vote and discuss

Never watched WCW, was always a WWE fan boy! however my opinion:

1.Sting/jericho - Hard to split these two, Sting is a legend and was the main attraction with the NWO aside while Jericho began stealing the show as a midcard talent.

2. One of the above^

3. Hogan - Never been a Hogan fan and never will be however, you can't disrespect what he's done and when he joined the NWO it really set WCW a light.

4. Flair - Legend, enough said.

5. D.D.P - Again was never a DDP fan but you can't deny how well he did.. started of as a manager and worked his way right to the main event scene and became champion, not to mention he started wrestling very late and was essentially learning on the job.

Surprised too see no Booker T and though many will have Goldberg on there list.. I personally never seen the attraction, he was a very green wrestler who went on an unbeaten streak, once he lost that streak.. he showed that was his gimmick, was never the best speaker and the guy really does think he's a legend.. for me, Ryback is better then Goldberg will ever be in terms of wrestling ability.

Just my opinion though.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Daniel Bryan, Cena, Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus. That is in my opinion the top 5.

Blog Entries
    sandow is out ranking kane and orton.... I don't agree but that's why this poll exists I guess
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Sting was the face of WCW and made the NWO angle work with his Crow gimmick. He was sort of the reason why I still watched WCW even during it's dying days. His gimmick was my favorite of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    I went with -

- Goldberg, because he was WCW's most successful creation.
    - Hogan, because his Hollywood phase was a hugely instrumental in WCW's success
    - Sting, because, well duh!
    - Nash, due to his prominence in the nWo and backstage influence
    - DDP, because he was a WCW faithful who was largely representative of what WCW was all about during their boom

Blog Entries
    I went with:

Sting
    Flair
    DDP
    Hogan
    Goldberg

Sting and Flair were the heart and soul of WCW.
    Hogan is one of, if not the most popular wrestler ever. WCW was a big platform for making him global.
    DDP was WCW to the core. Worked his way all the way to the top and was very popular.
    Goldberg, for his lack of wrestling ability, was very popular and WCW turned him into a phenomenon.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I went with:

Sting
    Flair
    DDP
    Hogan
    Goldberg

Sting and Flair were the heart and soul of WCW.
    Hogan is one of, if not the most popular wrestler ever. WCW was a big platform for making him global.
    DDP was WCW to the core. Worked his way all the way to the top and was very popular.
    Goldberg, for his lack of wrestling ability, was very popular and WCW turned him into a phenomenon.
    Trust me Tommy, Hogan was global before he went to WCW. But WCW did reach corners of the globe WWF never bothered with before.
    I didn't choose Flair because he had a stint in WWF during WCW heyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Trust me Tommy, Hogan was global before he went to WCW. But WCW did reach corners of the globe WWF never bothered with before.
    I didn't choose Flair because he had a stint in WWF during WCW heyday
    I know. But WCW provided a platform for him to reach further corners as you say. WCW was the biggest televised company at one point, and Hogan was on the poster each time.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Simple for me

Sting and Ric Flair were WCW they were the true heart.
    Hogan because lets face it although he was partly to blame for the demise of WCW he was also partly responsible for taking it to the heights it got to.
    Goldberg was WCW's biggest star, he'd of led the company through the 00's if it had kept going.
    DDP was also a WCW mainstay I liked him, he wasn't completly over wit ME but perhaps thats because I wasn't around really to watch WCW the first time round and watching it back it's been accompanied by DDP's stories of his "ego".
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...