Injuries Helping Superstars Return? *Spoiler Contained*

Many times in Wrestling history a superstar suffers a major injury and their return pushes them to the top. Many come back better than when they left. For example, Edge returned at the Royal Rumble and won. He returned months ahead of schedule. A couple of years ago, Triple H returned on New Years Eve or New Years Day, far ahead of schedule. It has happened many other times too. So here is my thinking.

*Spoiler* "Captain Charisma" Christian suffered a torn pectoral muscle and is out 4-6 months.

What if he comes back early in say 4 months, similar to Edge came back early last year. Christian wins the Royal Rumble, like Edge did, but enters as #30 to a huge ovation. Edge wins the championship inside the Elimination Chamber at the next PPV. Christian comes out and does a couple promos about winning the Royal Rumble. Edge becomes irritated and claims that Christian is still trying to do everything that Edge already has done. Christian then challenges Edge for the title at Wrestlemania and wins his first World Championship!

Of course this is all speculation and there are many assumptions that need to be made, like Edge winning a World Championship, the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title NOT being unified, Christian making it back in time, etc... Many fans, myself included, have waited years for the right opportunity for Christian. We've watched Money In The Bank ladder matches come and go, storylines that would have been perfect (Jeff Hardy having all his bad luck last year - later revealed to be Matt Hardy, which was completely unrealistic), etc... This would be the perfect storyline to shoot him to the top. The WWE Universe knows who Christian is now (at least the young kids now know, us older fans still remember E&C), knows he is established (multi-time Intercontinental, Tag Team & ECW Champion as well as multi-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion), has a legitimate chance of winning the match (pinned Edge before to win his first Intercontinental title), faces a credible champion (Edge) and has a serious amount of history to pull from for the rivalry build up (multi-time WWE Tag Champions as well as a previous fued over Intercontinental Title).

As weird as this sounds, this injury could be just the thing to save his career. He is doing nothing of importance on Smackdown and would be dwelling at mid-card status. At least now he can make a huge return and hopefully his career will finally take off like it should have.
    How to make WWE wrestling better:
    1. Christian finally wins the WWE Championship: He's earned it damnit.
    2. John Cena turns heel AND taps out: Most boring character on t.v., even if he does sell a lot of merchandise.
    3. Gail Kim or Awesome Kong as Divas Champion: They can at least wrestle.
    4. Get rid of "PG Era": Limits impact of storylines.
    5. Cruiserweight Title reinstated: Give Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Justin Gabriel, Daniel Bryan, etc... something to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by WRoder89 View Post
    Many times in Wrestling history a superstar suffers a major injury and their return pushes them to the top. Many come back better than when they left. For example, Edge returned at the Royal Rumble and won. He returned months ahead of schedule. A couple of years ago, Triple H returned on New Years Eve or New Years Day, far ahead of schedule. It has happened many other times too. So here is my thinking.

*Spoiler* "Captain Charisma" Christian suffered a torn pectoral muscle and is out 4-6 months.

What if he comes back early in say 4 months, similar to Edge came back early last year. Christian wins the Royal Rumble, like Edge did, but enters as #30 to a huge ovation. Edge wins the championship inside the Elimination Chamber at the next PPV. Christian comes out and does a couple promos about winning the Royal Rumble. Edge becomes irritated and claims that Christian is still trying to do everything that Edge already has done. Christian then challenges Edge for the title at Wrestlemania and wins his first World Championship!

Of course this is all speculation and there are many assumptions that need to be made, like Edge winning a World Championship, the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title NOT being unified, Christian making it back in time, etc... Many fans, myself included, have waited years for the right opportunity for Christian. We've watched Money In The Bank ladder matches come and go, storylines that would have been perfect (Jeff Hardy having all his bad luck last year - later revealed to be Matt Hardy, which was completely unrealistic), etc... This would be the perfect storyline to shoot him to the top. The WWE Universe knows who Christian is now (at least the young kids now know, us older fans still remember E&C), knows he is established (multi-time Intercontinental, Tag Team & ECW Champion as well as multi-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion), has a legitimate chance of winning the match (pinned Edge before to win his first Intercontinental title), faces a credible champion (Edge) and has a serious amount of history to pull from for the rivalry build up (multi-time WWE Tag Champions as well as a previous fued over Intercontinental Title).

As weird as this sounds, this injury could be just the thing to save his career. He is doing nothing of importance on Smackdown and would be dwelling at mid-card status. At least now he can make a huge return and hopefully his career will finally take off like it should have.
    one problem with your i think is a great storyline... WWE doesnt have to give him that kind of return... they dont have to let him win the rumble and i dont see them giving him that kind of return or letting him win the rumble because they arent and unfortunately never going to let him be main event status

i was thinking the same thing about maybe the injury will help his career cause he can have a big return. I mean they gave hardy the belt and it looks like miz will get it so i dont see why they wont give it to christian

Dude, your storyline is EXACTLY the same as Jericho and Edge?!

Blog Entries
    Hopefully WWE will do something like this for his return he deffinately deserves it, but sadly, as the same with other veterans i doubt they'll get any world heavyweight anytime soon, just not something wwe wants