Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Good example of WWE fans not understanding and appreciating technical wrestling but some cunt doing a worm.

If TNA did fire Russo then who could replace him? I'm not hot on wrestling writers out there. I know many want Heyman, but if he wants a lot of control of the company and Dixie doesn't want to give it then that's not going to happen. So the question is who could take over writing?
    If you really enjoy the technical aspect so much, why aren't you supporting your local high school or college team? Maybe you even do, I don't know, but it is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT and no matter how TNA wants to dress it up, that's exactly what they do too. Seriously, if you want to watch mat technicians, watch amateur wrestling or MMA.

I'm sick of everyone pretending that TNA doesn't aspire to be like WWE. U MAD??? (never get's tired)

Good example of WWE fans not understanding and appreciating technical wrestling but some cunt doing a worm.

If TNA did fire Russo then who could replace him? I'm not hot on wrestling writers out there. I know many want Heyman, but if he wants a lot of control of the company and Dixie doesn't want to give it then that's not going to happen. So the question is who could take over writing?
    I actually think they would do better if they did not hire another writer. Instead a old school booker who gives the talent direction but let's them cut their own promo's and get theirselves over. I know I'm going to get crucified for saying this but Kevin Sullivan wouldn't be a bad move. He was booking WCW during their hottest run with the NWO, Horsemen vs Dungeon of Doom etc. At one time wrestling had NO writers and to me that was the best period in wrestling. Any other ideas on who could do the booking? Most old school guys who could do it or under contract with WWE. I'd love to see Cornette get it.

You know I would actually love one of the feds to listen to ideas from the fans. I know the WWE clearly doesn't want any input or contact from fans regarding shows or storylines, it states that on the site.

But if I were owner and I had good fans with ideas and suggestions I would welcome new fresh stories.

TNA isn't doing anything different than WWF/E or WCW, as far as getting names.

Some names get big, some get lost in the shuffle.

Taz got lost in the shuffle in WWF. Goldberg became human (and I liked that, apparently he didn't). Scott Steiner got a push, then got nothing.

Dudleyz elevated the tag division to it's peak. Public Enemy got shit on. Ric Flair (early 90's) was instantly a top guy. Mick Foley became a top guy.

It's the wrestling business. The only issue everybody seems to have with TNA is that a lot of well known names have come in all within a year. But I'm perfectly fine with it. Whatever helps TNA get more "up there". I agree that it sucks to see Kevin Nash out there still trying to have a match and act like he's a top dog. But he's no Undertaker. He is better to watch than Khali... but not by a whole lot. Sting still has stuff left in him. The ECW thing.... eh, it is what it is. I think it's ok as a faction. But you can't say TNA's "originals" aren't getting their shot. Come on, really.... Shark Boy isn't gonna be ascending to the top and taking TNA with him. Samoa Joe, I think he's a great wrestler. But his time has come and gone. Maybe he should get a new shot with WWE, pick up from Umaga's top mid card spot. Or go back to ROH and help it pick up more steam with Daniels.

The X Division and Knockout division DOES need some TLC, as well as the mid card (and its title)... but everything else is great.

I don't see TNA as a "WWE Reject" place. I see TNA as the place where all wrestlers, past, present, and future, come to get a better shot or make a name for themselves, and not be limited by WWE. Some guys can make their name in TNA... like AJ or Joe.... and potentially make it to WWE and be a top name. And hey, good for them if it happens.
    We prey on the weak and conquer.

Blog Entries
    You know I would actually love one of the feds to listen to ideas from the fans. I know the WWE clearly doesn't want any input or contact from fans regarding shows or storylines, it states that on the site.

But if I were owner and I had good fans with ideas and suggestions I would welcome new fresh stories.
    Could not agree with you more. Vince has such a huge ego, he fails to see that one day, it will be a fan with a lot of knowledge (not to mention money) that will ruin his business. Everyone says it won't happen, they're too rich, but look at WCW - they had stacks of money and still flubbed it. Trust me - WWE is not invunerable. And it will be all Vince's fault