Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do the UK need a new major star? Drew McIntyre maybe?

Hi, I am new to this forum, and infact, this is the first forum I have ever been associated with. I signed up because I have something I want to share with people.. and it looks fun

The thing I wanted to get your opinions on is the fact that the UK haven't had a MAJOR star for a very long time. In fact, i would go as far as to say British Bulldog was the last big star from the UK.

Remember when British Bulldog beat Bret Hart in the UK for the IC Championship? The uproar from the crowd was humongous! I just want to be able to cheer for someone from the UK just like I did back in the Bulldog days.

Now, I am a HUUUUGE fan of Drew Mcintyre and I think he has the Charisma, the look and the gimmick to be a big star for the UK but I don't think he will get the push he needs because of other talent overshadowing him.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
    King Leonidas: Madness...?
    King Leonidas: THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAA!

Drew McIntyre is the wrestling equivalent of a dose of Lunesta.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Wade Barret will be the new big UK star.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

I like Drew but to reach that level he needs a good face run.

I've seen some of his older promo's and he comes across great has a face

but he does have the potential
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Quote Originally Posted by MattElder View Post
    I like Drew but to reach that level he needs a good face run.

I've seen some of his older promo's and he comes across great has a face

but he does have the potential
    I agree. I think the crowd can really get behind him. I was watching the smackdown episode when they went to London and there were chants for Drew Mac. I think he has the credibility to be a good face and RAW is actually lacking faces..

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrastone View Post
    I agree. I think the crowd can really get behind him. I was watching the smackdown episode when they went to London and there were chants for Drew Mac. I think he has the credibility to be a good face and RAW is actually lacking faces..
    I think its going to be between him and Barrett and personally I'm not a big fan of wades,
    Bastard........

I think its going to be between him and Barrett and personally I'm not a big fan of wades,
    Im not a big fan of Barrett either. I think he is kind of bland. Especially with this Corre crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrastone View Post
    Im not a big fan of Barrett either. I think he is kind of bland. Especially with this Corre crap.
    Yeah he just seems monotone...Dont get me wrong he could be big but if i was pushing one of them it would be drew hands down
    Bastard........

Yeah he just seems monotone...Dont get me wrong he could be big but if i was pushing one of them it would be drew hands down
    Wade has been fading ever since he almost won the championship from Cena. Not necessarily saying Cena buried him, because I don't think I was the right time but they need to do something with him ASAP.

I know he has the IC title but still. Get rid of the Corre, which has been extremely ineffective and have him feud with a top dog again or at least a decent middle card. Brian could be one. If they pick up where they left him last year, he could be VERY good.
    PS Bring back his coat with the flower, it looked cool and made him a bit more unique.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

when Israel gonna have huge star in WWE ? =)