Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Bobby Roode (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Singles match for the NXT womens Championship
    Asuka (C) vs Ember Moon

Triple Threat Tag Team elimination match for the NXT Tag Team Championships
    The Authors of Pain (C) vs #DIY vs The Revival

Singles match
    Andrade 'Cien' Clmas vs Aleister Black
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 03-27-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Putting up a thread for this event too since I feel that this event could well top Wrestlemania much like last years TakeOver did.

I think we all expected Ember Moon vs Asuka for the title to take place on this event and now it's official.
    This should be an awesome match, and really, this will be the first true test for Asuka's reign. Everyone she's faced up until now has really been fodder until they were ready to do this match, and a match of this caliber had to be saved for the Orlando TakeOver. I was listening to a podcast by Tony Mango (one of the guys ho writes articles on the front page, his podcasts are worth a listen, they're very entertaining especially if you're a casual fan like me) and I couldn't believe when he revealed that Asuka isn't far off of beating Goldberg's undefeated streak from WCW. She's something like 10 wins from beating that streak. Crazy. I don't think she'll break it though since I don't see her having that many matches between now and TakeOver, and I think that we're going to get a title change here. Moon is also undefeated btw, so there's two undefeated streaks on the line here as well as the title. High stakes.
    I expect Asuka to put over Moon here though with Moon winning the title. Given Asuka's age, she needs to head to the main roster sooner rather than later if WWE wants to use her up there. It's very rare for WWE to use women who are in their mid-thirties upwards and at 35 Asuka's at that age where she needs to go up there now for WWE to get the most out of her. Saying that though Asuka doesn't perform her age, she's better most of the entire WWE womens roster despite being one of the oldest female in-ring performers employed by the company. I think we're getting a new NXT womens champion here though and then I expect to see Asuka move up to the main roster sooner rather than later, probably to Raw since the Raw womens division needs an injection of something.

With regards to the NXT title match, I'm curious to see what will happen here. Shinsuke Nakamura will face the winner of next week's title match between Bobby Roode (defending his title) against Kassius Ohno.
    I see this match going one of two ways; either Roode retains by cheating or someone will cost Ohno the match. I simply don't see Roode winning clean without any form of cheating or outside interference due to his character. If Roode wins via some dirty tactic then I see the match at TakeOver changing to a triple threat to include Ohno (what a match that would be). this would mean that Nakamura doesn't get his one on one rematch with Roode, but as a babyface I don't see him complaining about that. Since it looks like the tag team titles will be on the line in a triple threat match though, perhaps it's unlikely that this match will also be a triple threat.
    But as I said, I could also see someone costing Ohno the match which would set up a separate match for Ohno at TakeOver, leaving Roode vs Nakamura for the title one on one. Who could that person be? I don't know, the only two guys on the NXT roster jumps out as an obvious choice for that role are Andradre 'Cien' Almas and Hideo Itami. Either of those two against Ohno at TakeOver would be cool. Almas would be the best choice since he could take the loss whereas a returning Itami losing wouldn't make him look great. We could see some veteran return or a main roster member who doesn't have anything for Wresltemania. Anyone who could put over Ohno at TakeOver would suffice. Ohno could then move onto a feud with Ohno after TakeOver.
    Either way, I see Roode walking out of TakeOver still the champion. Nakamura's time in NXT will be at an end and he, like Asuka, will move up to the main roster soon after I think. I see Nakamura going to Smackdown personally. I think the potential to do Nakamura vs Styles is too good for WWE to turn down. those two could have some incredible matches together.

Other matches I see happening are Roderick Strong, No Way Jose and Tye Dillinger taking on SAnity's male trio of Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain, and I think we're heading towards a triple threat for the tag team titles between The Authors of Pain, The Revival and DIY.
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 03-09-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    I agree with a lot of your predictions. While I doubt they'd do it for the context that there is already likely a triple threat match for the tag titles, I too hope for a triple threat main event of Ohno, Nakamura, and Roode. Roode getting the win over Nakamura would set up the next stage of his feud with Ohno in that Ohno wasn't pinned at Takeover.

I hope there is another diva's match besides Moon/Asuke. ONly because I enjoy watching the divas from NXT wrestle, and giving 2 or 4 of them a chance to showcase their talent at Takeover would only be a positive thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I agree with a lot of your predictions. While I doubt they'd do it for the context that there is already likely a triple threat match for the tag titles, I too hope for a triple threat main event of Ohno, Nakamura, and Roode. Roode getting the win over Nakamura would set up the next stage of his feud with Ohno in that Ohno wasn't pinned at Takeover.

I hope there is another diva's match besides Moon/Asuke. ONly because I enjoy watching the divas from NXT wrestle, and giving 2 or 4 of them a chance to showcase their talent at Takeover would only be a positive thing.
    That's what I'd like to see happen too. I think Ohno deserves to be int here since he has been great since returning even though we've only seen him a couple of times so far. It looks like they're not putting too much restrictions on his mic time and just letting him speak freely which is cool.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay happen. There's plenty of time to build that up (though I'm not sure what they've pre-taped up already), and I think after what happened at the end of the Kay vs Moon match this week where Kay seemed to play u an injury, I could see Kay turning on Royce for not having her back or something to set up a match between them, It makes sense to break them up if Asuka's moving up too so that they have more options moving forward in terms of feuds. Kay and Royce have been great as a team though.