Blog Entries

PPVCW - Pay Per View Thread

PPVCW1

The screen fades from black to show a spotlight over an empty ring. The spotlight is swinging back and forth as the camera angle changes to show different sides of the ring. The canvas, the ring ropes, the mat, the posts – all falling in and out of the shadows as the spotlight swings back and forth.

The camera angle changes to the hard camera, which zooms out. The ring takes up a small portion of the bottom of the screen, falling in and out of the shadows. After a few moments, the arena lights get switched on to show empty seats. The hard camera pans to the left to show a staging area. After focussing on the stage for a few seconds, Mr. Smyth walks through the curtain and stops at the top of the ramp. He looks around the empty arena with a disappointed look on his face before he slowly walks down the ramp and into the ring, grabbing a mic on the way in. He looks into the hard camera and begins to speak.

Mr. Smyth: And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what happens when you let the bitchers and complainers have the power to make themselves stars.

This is a shout out to all those wrestlers out there who like to jump down the throats of the creative teams and management teams of wrestling companies for not putting out shows on a regular basis, and you know exactly who you are. You’re the ones who don’t seem to understand that there is a world beyond this business and you’re only interested in getting your fix.

“Any update on the show?” I hear you cry. “What the hell is going on?” I hear you demand. In an industry where everybody thinks that they have a set of balls and are willing to say what they want, when they want, then I shall do the same. For you, you asinine troglodytes, this is a shoot.

You wanted a show where you can get your fix, but the catch was that you must put the effort into it yourselves. There are no creative teams to tell you to say that you hate a certain individual, or that you must run in to interfere a match. The onus of creating engaging content to the point where people would pay money to see the payoff was on you.

And you failed. In fact, you didn’t even start, did you? With the exception of two wrestlers, you all sat there and decided to wait for someone else to do the work for you and when they didn’t, you bitched and you complained.

And if this is hitting home for you, you are exactly who the hell I am talking about.

Two wrestlers have made an effort to try and get the ball rolling and as a result, they will be in competition tonight with each other. The people who have paid to be here live at PPVCW1 have had their tickets refunded with the sincerest apologies from myself on behalf of the industry as a whole.

Tonight, we are obviously still airing live on Pay Per View and the revenues from that will be distributed evenly between these two competitors. As I have said: more buzz, more money. Not a lot of buzz has been generated, but at least these two athletes will get something for trying. Unlike a lot of you.

This is a shout out to all those wrestlers. Pay Per View Championship Wrestling will air it’s next pay per view at a date to be confirmed in the new year. You want shows? You want exposure? You want to do the job that you supposedly love? It’s all here waiting for you. It’s up to you to pull your fingers out of your arses and do something about it. Maybe, if there is considerably more buzz next time, we will crown our first PPVCW Fighting Champion.

And this is a shout out to the men and women who run PWR – you crack on and run your fed as you see fit, as and when you have time to do so. The content you guys put out is great and I am happy to wait a little bit longer if it means getting another great show. As proven in the last few weeks, those bitchers and complainers won’t do anything to help themselves, so they sure as hell don’t have a leg to stand on when they complain to you about a show that isn’t as forthcoming as they’d like it to be.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mr. Smyth and I am the CEO of Pay Per View Championship Wrestling. Tonight, I sit alongside Jessie Edwards and we will provide commentary for those of you watching live. There is only one match tonight, but I am certain that you will get your money’s worth.

Blog Entries
    The screen cuts away to show a video package of Mr. Smyth making the announcement of the arrival of PPVCW, followed by media reports in the last few weeks. We then see video clips of Shaz and Ali Kazam’s feud on social media, as well as short interviews hyping their match. When we get back to the empty arena, both men are in the ring along with a referee and the ring announcer, Dan Croft.

DC: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is set for one fall and is a no disqualification, falls count anywhere match. Introducing first, from London, England, weighing in at 215lbs, he is the Rapid King – Shaz!

And his opponent, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 212lbs - Ali Kazam!

JE: Ok folks, so we are live here on pay per view for the first ever PPVCW event, and the fact that we are in front of an audience of zero makes this a rather…unique event to say the least. Good evening all, my name is Jesse Edward and tonight, I am joined by the CEO of PPVCW, Mr. Smyth.

MS: Tonight we will see Ali Kazam take on Shaz in a no disqualification, falls count anywhere match that I can guarantee will be a very physical contest.

JE: If you guys want to get involved with the show tonight, you can do via social media using the hashtag #PPVCW1

Shaz and Kazam circle the ring sizing each other up. The two men hook up after a few moments as Kazam immediately turns it into a side headlock. Shaz pushes Kazam off, sending him into the ropes. Kazam hits them, bouncing back and nails a running shoulder block. Shaz is dropped, as Kazam runs through into the ropes again. Kazam returns as Shaz rolls over onto his front, Kazam steps over him, hits the ropes on the opposite side, ricochets as Shaz gets back onto his feet and goes for a hip toss. Kazam flips through, spins round and goes for an enziguiri, but Shaz ducks it. Kazam falls, and Shaz immediately grabs Kazam, lifting him into the air and tries to drop him with a back drop, but Kazam flips through again! Shaz spins around to see Kazam go for a kick, but doesn’t follow through – a sort of warning shot. The two men circle the ring once more.

JE: Very fast paced start to this contest, and Kazam has made it abundantly clear that he believes that he is a match for Shaz.

MS: I’ve worked with Shaz in various promotions for years, and I can tell you that he is one of the hardest individuals that I have ever seen. The way this guy fights, and the punishment he can take is unreal. He has an amazing skillset to begin with, but he really has no qualms dragging himself into the sewer to catch a rat. He will fight dirty if that’s what he must do to win, and a no DQ, falls count anywhere match suits Shaz down to the ground.

JE: Well Kazam isn’t exactly a girl scout.

MS: I’m not saying that he is. You don’t work for promotions like EWNCW and HWA without having the tenacity to succeed, especially as a former Ignition champion. I actually believe that this guy is one of the more underappreciated men in wrestling, and this is exactly why PPVCW was created – to give wrestlers a chance to generate buzz for themselves. There is no machine pushing a select few, and this concept will benefit those like Kazam who are fantastically talented, but don’t fall into certain cliques.

The two men go for another hook up, but this time Shaz puts Kazam into a side headlock. Kazam starts to move, trying to get Shaz into the ropes, but Shaz twists his hips, and tosses Kazam, putting him on his back. Kazam uses his weight to roll over, and stacks Shaz on his shoulders for a pinning attempt. Shaz kicks out at one and has the headlock still locked in. Kazam is to his knees, as Shaz still won’t break the hold. Kazam is to his feet now, as he puts his arms around the waist of Shaz and lifts him into the air and lands a hard backdrop!

JE: Shaz’s head just bounced off the mat with a tremendous thud!

Kazam doesn’t go for a pin, but instead lifts up Shaz, gets behind his and lifts him again, but doesn’t back drop Shaz. Instead he holds Shaz into the air, and then slams him forward, smashing Shaz face first into the mat. Kazam is back up, as he stands on the back of Shazs knees, and reaches down, grabbing the hands of Shaz. Kazam pulls back, and we wear the sound of Shaz screaming in pain before Kazam put a foot on the back of Shaz’s head and stomps his skull into the mat.

@Biker123: As weird as this sounds, @Shaz vs. @ItsMagic is a match that I've always wanted to see. I'm OK with this being the only match on the card for #PPVCW1

@LucyLuLuLu: My money is on @ItsMagic. Very underrated. #PPVCW1

JE: I wonder if Shaz has under estimated Kazam somewhat. To be quite frank, I wasn’t expecting Kazam to be so…physical tonight.

MS: Kazam knows what he’ll have to do to be victorious tonight. He has to fight rabidly to match Shaz and that is going to be what gets him the W.

Kazam rolls Shaz over, as he goes for the cover.

One…
    …Two…No!

Shaz kicks out. Kazam is to his feet, as Shaz is getting back up. Kazam grabs Shaz, Irish whipping him into the corner. Kazam is now in the other corner, psyching before he charges towards Shaz and buries two knees right into the face of of his foe in the corner. Kazam grabs Shaz by the back of the head, and leans back, monkey flipping Shaz out of the corner. Kazam is back up, as he sees Shaz laying in the middle of the ring. Kazam runs into the ropes, and springboards off with a moonsault. KNEES!

Kazam lands midsection first on the knees of Shaz. Kazam falls over onto his back, holding his stomach, as Shaz gets to his feet. He grabs the legs of Kazam, and positions him near the corner. Shaz falls backwards, launching Kazam into the air, as Kazam collides face first into the ring post! Kazam stumbles back, as Shaz boots Kazam in the stomach. Locks him up…

JE: London Destroyer!

MS: There was no build to that! Shaz pulled that out of the hat from nothing.

Shaz covers Kazam.
    One…
    …Two…
    …Thr-No!

JE: Kickout! Kazam is still in this!

Shaz doesn’t seem upset though, as he just smiles. He gets to his knees and rolls out of the ring, lifts up the apron and searches underneath for a moment before grabbing a chair and sliding it into the ring.

JE: Frustration already?

MS: Not a chance. This is just the type of fighter Shaz is. He is a prolific technical wrestler and can brawl with the rest of them, but this guy will get down and dirty to get that win.

@MyDadIsACardinalsFan: @Shaz pulled out that #LondonDestroyer far too early. #PPVCW1

Shaz rolls in and lifts the chair before reaching down and lifting Kazam to a standing position. Shaz reaches back and aims to swing the chair, but Kazam catches Shaz in the face with an elbow, causing him to drop the chair. Kazam and Shaz begin to trade punches for elbows!

Kazam
    Shaz
    Kazam
    Shaz
    Kazam
    Shaz
    Kazam
    Kazam
    Kazam

Kazam has Shaz back against the ropes, Kazam charges, clothes lining himself and Shaz over the top to the outside. Both men are down, as the ref rolls out to join them. It becomes apparent that Shaz has tweaked his knee on the landing.

JE: Falls count anywhere in this match. Let’s see how this plays out!

MS: More importantly, Shaz is hurt. This could be the window that Kazam is looking for.

Kazam slowly rolls over and puts an arm over Shaz.

One…
    …Two…
    …Thr-No!

Kazam gets a little frustrated as he gets to his feet. He leaps up onto the apron and immediately springboards off the ropes into a moonsault and lands knees first onto the injured leg of Shaz. Shaz screams in pain as Kazam gets back up straight away and again leaps onto the apron of the ring before springboarding off the ropes, and again moonsaults before landing knees first onto Shaz’s injured leg.

@RichieRich: Call me psychic, but I suspect that chair is gonna play a role in this match soon. Come on @Shaz - get swinging! #PPVCW1

MS: Shaz is hurt, and is hurt big time.

JE: Kazam clearly agrees with you, Mr. Smyth – he needs to fight dirty to defeat Shaz.

Kazam is sat with his back to the ring as Shaz writhes around in pain. Kazam is sitting there watching Shaz, not doing anything other than chuckling to himself. The ref checks on Shaz, but Shaz says that he wants to continue. Shaz struggles to get up to a standing position as Kazam continues to just sit there and watches on, clearly entertained by what he sees. The moment Shaz is near standing, Kazam launches himself forward and takes out the injured leg again, causing Shaz to come crashing down.

Blog Entries
    Shaz continues to scream in pain as Kazam goes for the cover.

One…
    …Two…
    …Thr-No!

Shaz kicks out again, and Kazam lets out a loud scream of frustration. He jumps back up and rolls into the ring, grabs the chair from earlier, runs into the ropes, comes back, somersaults over the ropes and lands hard on Shaz’s leg, chair first.

@LucyLululu: Fuck! Did you see how Shaz landed? That guy's injured. #PPVCW1

JE: My God! Kazam is going to tear Shaz’s leg off!

MS: You could argue that this is Shaz’s fault. He introduced the chair and announced that this match was going in this direction. Kazam just beat him to it.

Kazam raises back to his feet and slams the chair into Shaz over and over again. Kazam throws the chair to one side and goes for the cover.

One…
    …Two…
    …Thr-No!

Shaz lifts the shoulder up and Kazam just kneels next to him.

JE: Shaz won’t quit this match!

MS: He may have to. Kazam still has a lot of fight in that engine and he also has a repertoire that he has barely utilised.

Kazam mounts Shaz and starts to land heavy blows against Shaz’s skull before picking him up and Irish whipping him towards the ring post. Shaz slams head first into that post, but stays in a standing position. Kazam watches and waits as Shaz leans against the post. Shaz turns around, his back leaning against the post. Kazam runs towards him and launches into the air…

JE: The Magician’s Curse!

MS: It’s over! That jumping cutter will end this!

Kazam immediately goes for the cover.

One…
    …Two…
    …Thre-No!

MS: That was far too close!

JE: Shaz is still in this, and I have no idea how. Kazam has put on a masterclass of how to fight in a no DQ, falls count anywhere match but Shaz is taking punishment after punishment.

MS: Kazam will defeat Shaz tonight. I genuinely cannot see it going any other way. Kazam has been on the front foot this whole match and while Shaz has taken the punishment, he has barely had any offence in quite a while.

@JimmyChooYou: Somewhere backstage, @VinceMcMahon is watching through the curtain hoping that while Kazam stays on top, Shaz remains looking strong. #PPVCW1

Kazam gets up and starts to tear apart the announcer’s table. Jesse and Mr. Smyth stand up to get out of the way as Kazam throws away iPads and their notes. He picks up one of the TV monitors and launches it towards Shaz, but misses by a whisker. He then grabs the other TV monitor and slams it into the skull of Mr. Smyth!

JE: What the hell!

Smyth is down immediately as Kazam continues to slam the TV monitor into him.

JE: Ali Kazam is assaulting the CEO of PPVCW. What the hell? Why is he doing this!

Kazam meets the eyes of Jesse Edwards and screams at him that Smyth is a coward. Kazam slams the monitor into Smyth one more time, leaving the CEO in an absolute bloody mess, before walking towards Shaz. Kazam, monitor still in hand, looks over Shaz for a few moments before raising it into the air. It’s now that Shaz makes his move!

JE: Roll up! Shaz rolled up Kazam!

One…
    …Two…
    …Three!

JE: OUTTA NOWHERE! SHAZ PULLED IT OFF!

Kazam kicks out but it’s happened just too late. He kneels there for a few moments processing what had just happened before going off into a frenzy. Kazam gets to his feet and immediately starts stamping onto the leg of Shaz, aiming to cause as much damage as possible. The ref tries to stop him, but is shoved to one side.

JE: Damnit! The match is over. Leave the man alone!

Kazam grabs the monitor that he threw at Shaz earlier and starts to slam it down onto Shaz’s head. Repeatedly. More furiously than he did with Smyth earlier. Blood starts to pour from the skull of Shaz and onto the ringside floor and Kazam is relentless in his attacks – he even has time to clock the referee with the monitor.

JE: I can’t believe what I am seeing here guys, and it just keeps on going.

Kazam throws the TV monitor to one side and starts to survey the damage that he has created. He looks at the announcer’s table and looks back to the ring. He switches back and forth between the two before reaching down and lifting a bloody Shaz to his feet, lifting him up onto his shoulder and dropping him onto the announcer’s table. Kazam then rolls into the ring.

JE: Oh no. Kazam is going up.

Kazam is standing on the top rope looking over Shaz on the announcer’s table. His balance is perfect, his body is as still as it would be were he standing on the floor. Kazam sizes up what plans to do and closes his eyes for a moment, mumbling something to himself. He then makes the leap!

JE: NO!

Kazam fips over whilst levitating in the air and hangs there for what seems to be a long time over Shaz. Then he flips one more time and falls hard and fast onto Shaz, landing the Balducci 540 and smashing the pair of them through the announcer’s table!

JE: OH MY GOD!

The impact causes Kazam to roll off of Shaz, and the camera shows the two of them out on the floor, Shaz’s blood pooling around his head. The screen then fades to black.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy