Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

PPVCW - Pay Per View Championship Wrestling

In a conference room, there is an assortment of press. TV cameras, men and women with Dictaphones and notebooks, as well as a small audience of the general public are facing towards a lectern with a logo on it. The logo simply reads PPVCW – Pay Per View Championship Wrestling.

The room is loud in conversation as people talk between themselves. After a few moments, Mr. Smyth walks out towards the lectern and the conversation stops. Flashbulbs from cameras start to flash as Smyth places his iPad onto the lectern and takes a sip of water before he starts to deliver the press release.

Mr. Smyth: Ladies and gentlemen, my statement will be brief I will not be taking any questions at this time.

Today marks the day that I introduce an exciting new concept to the sport of professional wrestling. Before I go into the details of what this concept is, I would like to take some time in going over why this idea has come about, and the opportunities that I have identified to help reinvigorate what is an industry that has, quite frankly, fallen on hard times.

The days of professional wrestling going from town to town and putting on shows on a weekly basis is very much dead and buried. Financially it is not a viable option anymore as interest in the product starts to wane, and the pressure for the athletes to perform on such a regular basis does shorten the average lifespan of a professional wrestler’s career to an average of four years.

On top of this, creative teams, production staff and many people involved in the industry who you do not see on camera have an unrealistic expectation thrusted upon them to ensure that these shows go on regularly, and to a high standard that has become untenable. As stated, the interest in the professional wrestling product has waned but for the hardcore that remain, they remain demanding of quality content on a regular basis.

It is to these customers that we hope to appeal to, as well as introducing the sport of professional wrestling to those who may have switched off over the years. What I plan to do is bring professional wrestling into the 21st century, specifically utilising the technologies available to us now to generate interest in our product – Pay Per View Championship Wrestling.

PPVCW will not have a weekly television show. PPVCW will not be running house shows four times a week and we certainly won’t be having a creative team. The exciting concept that we will be implementing is introducing a platform for the athletes of professional wrestling to get themselves over.

Through the use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like, as well as video streaming services like YouTube and Vimeo, we will expect athletes to generate a buzz by putting out their own engaging content via social media and streaming services, and inciting rivalries with their fellow athletes. Once we see that a feud has generated enough heat, we will showcase it on one of our pay per view events. There will be no set limit for the amount of matches for our pay per view events, so it would not matter whether there is one match or ten matches that have generated a buzz to the point where our customers would like to see it happen. Pay per view events are likely to be intervals of a month to six weeks, which is more than enough time for the fine athletes of this sport to generate enough interest to get a big pay off on our world wide platform.

Professional wrestlers have yearned for the last couple of years to have a platform to ply their craft. While we do not intend to become a weekly episodic television show, what we will do is support those who are interested in making a name for themselves and giving them the chance to show the world what they can do. Pay Per View Championship Wrestling is the exciting new concept that brings professional wrestling into the 21st century and meets the requirements of both giving the athletes and those who work backstage the time to develop exciting content, as well as delivering that exciting content that our audience expects on a regular basis.

That is what Pay Per View Championship Wrestling is, and it is exactly what is best for business.

Thank you.

As Mr. Smyth walks away from the lectern, the room becomes incredibly loud as the press start asking questions. Mr. Smyth simply continues to walk away and exits the room.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Good idea Benny

Count Layman in, although I need someone to feud with...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    Good idea Benny

You don't get how this works do you, Des?

You're the first post, so you're supposed to tell me that this won't work, how my efforts would be best served on a different creative team, that you still hope I'd make a success out of it but to still consider you out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you want in but jeez, man - there is protocol, y'know?

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    You don't get how this works do you, Des?

You're the first post, so you're supposed to tell me that this won't work, how my efforts would be best served on a different creative team, that you still hope I'd make a success out of it but to still consider you out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you want in but jeez, man - there is protocol, y'know?
    Oh sorry man, I'll try again:

Benny, you're a smart lad, but this is a really fucking stupid idea. There's already 2 mostly dead feds, we can't be trying a third. Plus since the forum apocalypse I don't think even you can bring enough characters together for a decent show, and that's if people are even happy with you running a fed without Eddie holding your hand.

I wish you luck man but no way in hell is this gonna work. Why don't you go help with PWR or Cricket's Fed and stop using your own initiative!

Oh sorry man, I'll try again:

Benny, you're a smart lad, but this is a really fucking stupid idea. There's already 2 mostly dead feds, we can't be trying a third. Plus since the forum apocalypse I don't think even you can bring enough characters together for a decent show, and that's if people are even happy with you running a fed without Eddie holding your hand.

I wish you luck man but no way in hell is this gonna work. Why don't you go help with PWR or Cricket's Fed and stop using your own initiative!

^What he said.

Both post

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    ^What he said.

Both post
    Count me in but I believe it won't work.

Blog Entries
    Social media thread coming up.

#BennysTeddy

Interesting
    Tai "Greatness" Knight
    A EWNCW Original
    EWNCW World Tag Team Championships: The Force of Greatness (3/18/11 - 6/16/11)

PWR: The Empire: Nate Washington, TJ Bell and Clay Law

PWR: The Gamers: Alex Wright & Brooks Heaven
    PWR: Myandra Rain

Black Ninja!
    @ItsMagic well this will be something to keep an eye on... #FailureIsGaurenteed #NoFaithInSmyth #WannaFightAboutIt

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Black Ninja!
    Good idea Benny

@ItsMagic LameMan couldnt beat his way out of a wet paper bag #WheresTheRealTalent

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!