Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
Fair point. I've tried re-building the card myself and it's tricky with the matches, but if I built the card, I think:
Jericho & Owens vs. Enzo & Cass
- was an excellent PPV opener, and I'd keep it where it was booked
Rusev vs. Reigns
- I think what happened would have had a much bigger pop and more impact had it happened this early in the night
6-woman tag match
- a well worked match with a return that was welcomed by the audience
Balor vs. Rollins
- now hold on, before anyone jumps down my throat! A big match is needed here and since the Universal title is not an established title yet, and also giving Smackdown a bit of a boost by having their title on later in the show, I think that this is the correct placement.
New Day vs. The Club
- Odd booking aside by having the faces DQ to keep the titles, this is a good filler for a post main event title match.
Banks vs. Flair
- This is a better placement for the Women's title match. After a bit of a break, and it builds up to...
Cena vs. Styles
- Having watched Summerslam, I would have put this on last BUT I'm trying to build this card as if I'm doing it before Summerslam happened. With that in mind, I think this is the right place for this match.
Crews vs. Miz
- Big match needs a piss break. We welcome The Miz for such a thing.
Ambrose vs. Ziggler
- A match not as good as those that have preceded it, but it gives Smackdown a boost by being higher on the card than Raw and will hopefully show WWE's stance that SD is as important as Raw.
Orton vs. Lesnar
- A match that fell flat but based on the fact that I'm putting together this card 'before' SS and based on the hype WWE put into it, this is the obvious show closer.
Pretending to look at that card structure before Summerslam, I think that makes more sense and I would go as far to say that assuming all the finishes are exactly the same as what happened, the show would work out better with this structure.
Obviously I have the benefit of hindsight.