Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Im mad tommaso didnt make it further guy was awesome in ROH

After all the hype Zack Sabre Jr. was a big let down for me. His style being unique doesn't come off as believable. Also I wasn't impressed with his chain wrestling.

I am a little bit surprised to hear this because I have not seen a mat technician like him in a WWE ring for a long time. That was the most stand out performance I have seen in the tournament thus far. I thought it was a nice change of pace from all the lucha and strong style stuff, but I guess that kind of wrestling is not everybody's cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I am a little bit surprised to hear this because I have not seen a mat technician like him in a WWE ring for a long time.
    I'm a huge fan of European technical styles, but this just came off as boring. Zack's look makes him feel like a jobber. Even the jobber who took a whooping from Strowman had more muscles.

Sabre is a good wrestler but jeez he is being hyped like a wrestling God , he is good with potential to be great , he's in route

no hate just sayin

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    Caught up on the Cruiserweight Classic I missed from last week.

Dux vs Sabre Jr was a bit 'meh' if I'm honest. you can't den Sabre Jr's technical ability in the ring, I've never seen some of the counters or submissions he pulled out before, but it didn't blow me away either. Dux played his part, but wasn't anything amazing either.

Drew Gulak vs Harv Sira was another quick one. I really like Gulak, I actually prefer his submission style to Sabre Jr's. Sira was ok, but didn't get much of a chance to show much. I'm really looking forward to Gulak vs Sabre Jr.

Tony Nese vs Anthony Bennett was a pretty decent match aside from a couple of botches. not sure what happened at the end where the referee had to check on Bennett for a while before allowing Nese to finish the match with the 450. Looked like something happened when Nese slammed him with the pumphandle powerslam. A dislocation perhaps or was he knocked out momentarily? Not sure. Either way, I think Nese was the correct choice to progress.

Kendrick vs Mendoza was a great match, by far the best bout of the show. Mendoza pulled out some excellent moves and really took it to Kendrick. I am happy that THE Brian Kendrick is progressing though, I'd like to see him go all the way, but I doubt that will happen. Him vs Nese in the next round should be an interesting clash of styles.

I agree I heard all about how damn good Sabre Jr. was im like ehhh hes ok.

Tell you who impressed me was that samona kid I forget his name he lost in first round but kid was atheltic

I want to see either Alexander, Perkins, Kendrick win Alexander is fantastic and on the mic he's pretty good he was a pretty soild guy in ROH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post

Tell you who impressed me was that samona kid I forget his name he lost in first round but kid was atheltic

I want to see either Alexander, Perkins, Kendrick win Alexander is fantastic and on the mic he's pretty good he was a pretty soild guy in ROH.
    Ah the Samoan guy was Sean Maluta. He's Afa's nephew, so part of the whole Samoan Dynasty. They gave him a match on last week's episode of NXT vs Hideo Itami, so that's a sign that they may be giving him a developmental deal.

Oh alright I read cliff notes about nxt except booby roode part.

Daviri brother wasn't bad either played a good heel role

Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post

Sabre Jr is an aquired taste, I enjoy his work but I can imagine many who haven't seen him before were just expecting a typical cruiserweight spot monkey. He adds something different to all the usual flipping about.