Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    I'm caught up on the CWC now having watched the first episode of the quarter finals last night. Just want to say too, Daniel Bryan could commentate on a rock wrestling against a log and still sell it as being the best match ever. Fair play to him!

Akira Tozawa vs Gran Metalik
    This was a very entertaining match, I really enjoyed it. Metalik impressed me more here, so perhaps he's been saving some of his stuff until the later rounds instead of showing everything right away, which is smart in hindsight. I'm a big fan of Tozawa though, he's so entertaining and charismatic and I do like his in-ring style. Who knew that someone could get the crowd to chant 'ARHHHH!' so enthusiastically! I'm a little disappointed that Tozawa's out actually, I think I'd have preferred him through instead of Metalik, but I guess since Ibushi is obviously progressing then they need to have all the focus on him as their Japanese representative, and they don need a lucha libre representative through too, though as I've said before, I was more impressed by Lince Dorado than Metalik.
    This match was incredible though, so many near falls and they went over 15 minutes out there.

Kota Ibushi vs Brian Kendrick
    Another stellar match here. Kendrick continues to be the best storyteller in this tournament. It was awesome to see him doing things lie taunt Ibushi to come to the outside to fight him and then tie his leg up in the guardrail to try and get a count-out win. Nobody else has really given thought to telling a story with these matches.
    But as for the match, this was excellent, I'm still unsure about Ibushi as a talent. There's no denying how good he is in the ring, but beyond that, what does he have? He seems a bit awkward when it comes to everything else. From the 'go to' move of double fist-pumping to the crowd, to the thumbs up celebration he does after he wins. It's like he doesn't know how to connect with the crowd. Very different to Tozawa, for example, in that respect, who is excellent with his crowd interaction. It was very emotional after the match with Kendrick, and even Bryan was cracking up holding back the tears it seemed. Very glad he's got a contract though and that we'll be seeing him on Raw. Guess we won't be getting any more biased commentary from Bryan now though, I wonder who he'll pick to win now?

Both Tozawa and Metalik have been announced last night to be on the Cruiserweight Division on Raw, which is great news. I saw that Jack Gallagher has also been announced as part of that division which I'm very happy about.

Can't wait to watch Zack Sabre Jr vs Noam Dar and TJ Perkins vs Rich Swann (which I expect will steal the show) tomorrow night.

Is it just me or is anyone else impressed that the final four all use something other than a high flying move as a finisher?

Powerbomb
    Leg Submissions
    Driver
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Former EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else impressed that the final four all use something other than a high flying move as a finisher?

Powerbomb
    Leg Submissions
    Driver
    Absolutley. Too many people perceive that Cruiserweight Wreslting = High Flying Wrestling. 'Cruiserweight is a weight class, not a style of wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Just watched this week's episode, and we now have our semi finals!

Zack Sabre Jr vs Noam Dar
    Technical masterpiece again here, Sabre Jr's best match int he tournament so far. Dar was also excellent here, I'm glad that WWE have picked him up to be on the cruiserweight division on Raw. I like how both men were working on body parts throughout the match, picking each other apart. Zabre Jr vs Gran Metalik is going to be a very interesting clash of styles, I expect that Sabre Jr will progress for that dream match vs Ibushi in the final.

TJ Perkins vs Rich Swann
    Match of the night. Both men told a great story, worked on body parts and there was a lot of personality in this one. Both these men will be on Raw's cruiserweight division so this isn't the last we see of Swann. I actually have a feeling that WWE are grooming Perkins to possibly win this tournament as a backup to Ibushi. the rumor is that WWE want whoever wins to be signed with the company. Sabre Jr has pretty much ruled out signing and Ibushi seems to be staling over a deal. I'm thinking that if a decision hasn't been made by next week then we could see an upset with Perkins beating Ibushi. Unlikely, since the whole tournament has been built up around Ibushi and Sabre Jr being the favorites to win, and I still expect that to be the final, even if neither end up signing with the company. But I wouldn't completely write off Perkins sneaking through next week and going on to win the final. He's certainly very well spoken in the promos they show on the CWC and he's got the look, charisma and the whole package that WWE could put their chips on him to carry their cruiserweight division as it's face.

Blog Entries
    Finally finished watching the CWC!

Gran Metalik vs Zack Sabre Jr
    A really good match here. I was firmly behind Metalik personally, I think he's a great high flyer and as I've mentioned before, ZSJ's style hasn't quite clicked with me. I can appreciate that he's excellent in the ring and extremely technical with a counter for literally everything, but it's definitely an acquired taste. Anyhow, with the reported news that ZSJ wasn't signing with WWE then the chances of him winning went drastically down so I wasn't quite as shocked as some people seemed to be when Metalik got the pin to advance to the final.

TJ Perkins vs Kota Ibushi
    What a match this was, absolutely fantastic with plenty of near falls. A match that was well worthy of being the final really. Ibushi has really won over the fans that weren't aware of him, and you could see at the end that he was genuinely emotional about it as he looked to have tears in his eyes after the match. He was very humble towards Perkins too which was great to see. I did hear some fans booing and I saw some throwing up the thumbs down towards Perkins which is absurd. Stupid smart mark fans. Anyway, a classic match. Again, the well reported news of Ibushi not signing with WWE made the outcome pretty obvious despite the near falls, but nonetheless, the two competitors did keep us on the edge of our seats with the false finishes so kudos to them.

Gran Metalik vs TJ Perkins
    When HHH came out I thought "OMG!!! TRIPLE THREAT COMING!!!". Not really, but I bet that joke was made a few times among the fans in attendance! Excellent to see that the winner of the tournament would also become the first Cruiserweight Champion and head to Raw as that Champion.
    Another fantastic match and one that was a worthy final. While I don't think that Metalik was the best luchador in the tournament, he certainly isn't bad (that's just a testament to how good I think Lince Dorado is), and both men played their part here in a match that really had the crowd split down the middle as far as who they were supporting goes. I think given the two competitors then TJ Perkins was the logical choice for winner. He speaks English (while Metalik does not), he has a good, marketable look, he's charismatic and he's well spoken. Perfect candidate to be the first Cruiserweight Champion of Raw.

This tournament has been a real treat, a fantastic showcase of some of the best cruiserweights in the world. and not only that but it's led to WWE bringing back the cruiserweight division and title and it's led to many of these talented guys signing with the company. I think 9 people in total from the tournament have signed, plus you have a Gargano, Ciampa and Swan who were already signed. I'm excited to see where the division goes, and I hope that this tournament becomes an annual thing. It would be great to see guys like Ibushi, ZSJ and others return to try and claim the crown next year and it would be interesting to see who else WWE could source as new participants. I'd also be game for seeing current WWE superstars enter, guys like Kalisto for example. all in all a huge success!

So happy tj won i really wished tommaso went further