Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

WWE Cruiserweight Classic

So with the Final list of participants and weigh ins complete, I can't wait to watch this series! They've already taped some of the first round matches I believe, but I've stayed clear of spoilers.

Here are the first round matches:

Gran Metalik vs Alejandro Saez
    Ho Ho Lun vs Ariya Daivari
    Cedric Alexander vs Clement Petiot
    THE Brian Kendrik vs Raul Mendoza
    Tajiri vs Damien Slater
    TJ Perkins vs Da Mack
    Lince Dorado vs Mustafa Ali
    Akira Tozawa vs Kenneth Johnson
    Kota Ibushi vs Sean Maluta
    Zack Sabre Jr vs Tyson Dux
    Drew Gulack vs Harv Shira
    Tony Nese vs Anthony Bennett
    Rich Swan vs Jason Lee
    Naom Dar vs Gurv Shira
    Jack Gallagher vs Fabian Aichner
    Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

Very exciting matchups there with some exciting wrestlers on show, including many wrestler I've never heard of before, let alone seen in action, that I'm eager to check out.

It's very difficult to pick out a favorite at this point. Kota Ibushi seems to be the early favorite according to many, while I've seen a lot of people picking out Zack Sabe Jr too.

I'm disappointed that they've put Gargano and Ciampa against each other in the first round. Would have been better to split them up and save that match for a later round I think. However, WWE know that they both know each other very well and can put on an excellent match together. I could see Gargano going far into this tournament.
    I don't see him winning it (though Daniel Bryan picked him out to win), but I'd LOVE to see THE Brian Kendrick go far. Love that guy! It'll be cool seeing Tajiri back in action in a WWE ring too.

Very exciting times ahead with this series, anyone have any thoughts on it? Anyone have any favorites to win? Anyone you're looking forward to see?

Sabre is a good shot at it seeing as there's been talks of signing with them as well.
    "For the Druids' legends are true..."

Im rooting for Tommaso & Perkins rich swan is good as well and Cendric Alexander is very good in that ring

So much talent there, should be awesome. I love that D-Bry is involved as well, that's cool.

I think it will be between Ibushi and Sabre Jr, personally. Will be cool too see Tajiri back and he was the one that grabbed my attention when I was watching the video of those involved because I did not expect him at all. So yeah excited to watch them three, along with Rich Swann, TJ Perkins and Gargano.

Suck's that Amazing Red got injured because he can go, but so much talent there and should be a joy to watch and discover those that are unknown to me and likely many.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    So much talent there, should be awesome. I love that D-Bry is involved as well, that's cool.

I think it will be between Ibushi and Sabre Jr, personally. Will be cool too see Tajiri back and he was the one that grabbed my attention when I was watching the video of those involved because I did not expect him at all. So yeah excited to watch them three, along with Rich Swann, TJ Perkins and Gargano.

Suck's that Amazing Red got injured because he can go, but so much talent there and should be a joy to watch and discover those that are unknown to me and likely many.
    I thought TJ was hurt to guess not though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post
    I thought TJ was hurt to guess not though
    Nah TJ's definitely in. He's another I'm keen to see though. I'm glad WWE picked him up after TNA underutilized him badly. Rich Swann's another I'm looking forward to seeing more of. Heard he's fantastic and he's done a couple of matches in NXT as talent enhancement.

I too am sad about Amazing Red THBK. He's a guy I've been wanting WWE to pick up for a while. Very disappointed that he was unfortunately injured. He's a fantastic high flyer that could have been a real standout in this tournament.

[QUOTE=Tommy Thunder;986256]Nah TJ's definitely in. He's another I'm keen to see though. I'm glad WWE picked him up after TNA underutilized him badly. Rich Swann's another I'm looking forward to seeing more of. Heard he's fantastic and he's done a couple of matches in NXT as talent enhancement.

I too am sad about Amazing Red THBK. He's a guy I've been wanting WWE to pick up for a while. Very disappointed that he was unfortunately injured. He's a fantastic high flyer that could have been a real standout in this tournament.[/QUOTE

I do love TJ Perkins , I wonder if wwe does wanna go on with Stardust route he could be into play?

I do love TJ Perkins , I wonder if wwe does wanna go on with Stardust route he could be into play?

Blog Entries
    So I just watched the first episode of the show and boy, was there some awesome matches had.

Ho Ho Lun beat Ariya Daivari in an excellent match. Lun was very popular with the crowd too.

I saw Kota Ibushi in action for the first time and he didn't disappoint. Damn does that guy kick hard. He beat Sean Maluta. Maluta botched a crazy attempted dive over the top rope, but otherwise this was another excellent match.

Cedric Alexander beat Clement Petiot. Alexander was insanely over and displayed some sick skills. Alexander cut 20lbs to be in this tournament, which is impressive.

Gran Metalik beat Alejandro Saez in the opening bout. Both men pulled out some crazy stuff. I also heard in the Bracketology show (which I also watched) that Saez cut 30lbs to participate here and he still only just made the 205lbs limit!

Great first episode here and I can't wait for next week's episode!

Blog Entries
    I can't believe Cedric Alexander and Kota Ibushi are facing in the second round. They are two of the better known members of this tournament and honestly to me, stole the show last night in their respective matches.
    #HugLife

‚Äč