Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

New main roster additions

So since Wrestlemania we've seen a few new stars move up from NXT and onto the main roster.

Sami Zayn
    I think we were all kind of expecting this one? It looks as if Zayn's done with NXT now, even though he cut a promo prior to NXT Dallas saying that despite failing to become #1 contender he still has a goal to be the first ever 2 time NXT champ. Despite this, I'm glad that he's on the main roster and I'm glad that WWE are continuing with this Zayn vs Owens feud. They've done well to make these two arch-enemies and I expect that this is how it'll remain for the duration of their WWE stint, much like how we've seen other duos in the past, such as Kane and Undertaker, HBK and HHH, John Cena and Randy Orton to a degree.

I also like how they're treating Zayn as a pretty big deal, putting him int he Intercontinental title picture and then having him in the mix with Jericho and Ambrose along with Owens. The guy's super talented and I'm keen to see how far he can go in WWE.

Baron Corbin
    Corbin is an impressive specimen, however, I think he lacks a lot in the promo department. I think it's clear that WWE want this guy to be their next top monster heel (their next Kane or Big Show if you will). I think Corbin and Strowman of the Wyatt family will be our two monster heels for the forseeable future.
    Corbin vs Ziggler is an interesting first feud for the guy, someone to make him look good of course, since Ziggler's the go to guy if you want to make someone look good.

Apollo Crews
    Now I'm actually a bit disheartened that Crews has already made this jump to the main roster. Not because he's not good enough, because clearly he is, the guy's a phenomenal athlete, hugely impressive and with a great look. However, his personality and mic skills leave much left to be desired. I think he could have done with another good few months in NXT personally.
    At the minute they have him blasting through the Social Outcasts, which is fine, it's a good way for WWE to showcase his impressive athleticism and power since that's what's gong to get him over. But I can't help but feel that Apollo Crews has been brought in to fill the gap that Neville has left since his injury. It would be very easy to picture Neville in the exact same position that Crews is currently in with this thing vs the Social Outcasts.
    Saying that, if Crews can click it with regards to his mic skills and really connect with the fans, then there's no reason as to why this young man can't have a huge future in WWE. He's such an impressive athlete it would be a shame if he couldn't reach the heights of the main event and even win the big one one day.

Enzo Amore and Collin Cassidy

It was only a matter of time, wasn't it? It's amazing to me how these two never won the NXT tag titles, but alas, it's not a necessity to do that before main roster promotion. Surely this duo are future WWE tag team champs though. They're insanely over with the crowd and I think that we can expect to see these guys as multi-time champs when all's said and done.

The Vaudevillians
    Gather around everyone, and witness the debonair devastation of such exquisite sophistication; Aiden English, Simon Gotch! The Vaudevillians!
    Another team that really deserve to be on the main roster. I was very miffed when they split them up briefly in NXT but they quickly put them back together which was great. I think this is another team that can become a staple in WWE's tag division alongside Enzo and Cass. Very cool that we're also looking at an all NXT #1 contenders match at Payback between both teams.

So what are your thoughts on the main roster's newest aquisitions?

Pretty much agree with what you said, Tommy.

I made the exact same Apollo Crews/Neville comparison in the NXT thread right after he debuted on Raw. I would have liked him to stay down in NXT for quite a while longer- Dude's very good but I don't see him doing too much on Raw in the near future.

I like Corbin, I always did in NXT too, great look. I think booking him against Ziggler is smart because as you said, DZ is the go to guy if you want to make someone look a million bucks.

Love Enzo and Cass SAAWWWFFTTTTTT!

Delighted too see Zayn on the main roster and even more pleased too see that feud with Owen's kick on. I was really hoping too see them do that at Mania but I'l cool with it happening now.

The Vaudevillians I'm not so keen on really, I think it was a cool gimmick in NXT for a while but I don't see it working on Raw. I think they will likely have a little run and then in a couple of months time- they will be an after thought. Don't get me wrong- both are decent, have good chemistry and there's always a place in the division for solid teams- I just don't see them kicking on and becoming anything like I believe Enzo and Cass will be. Could be wrong.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Blog Entries
    Crews is being kind of exposed as a cookie cutter face on the main roster. I'm sure he'll pick it up eventually and I like the guy, but I have a feeling that the IWC is going to turn on him... real quick.
    #HugLife

Blog Entries
    I like Enzo and Cass but it's really awkward to watch when any of their jibes don't land as well as hoped.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    I like Enzo and Cass but it's really awkward to watch when any of their jibes don't land as well as hoped.
    I feel like that is kind of destined to happen on the main roster. Not all the fans are going to give a shit about these guys like they did on NXT.
    #HugLife

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I feel like that is kind of destined to happen on the main roster. Not all the fans are going to give a shit about these guys like they did on NXT.
    It's not that. It's bad lines. People have reacted positively for the most part but there have been a few 'tumblweed' moments.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    It's not that. It's bad lines. People have reacted positively for the most part but there have been a few 'tumblweed' moments.
    It might just be nerves too. I mean these guys have performed in front of a lot of people but it must be an entirely different animal to be living your dream on the main roster in front of thousands and thousands of people every night.
    #HugLife

You know what I thought be cool to help smackdown

A stable of

Baron Corbin, Heath Slater, & Curt Hawkins

Enzo and Cass may have a one run as tag champs but you can tell Vince is chomping at the bit for Cass to be a singles guy. His size and being fairly decent on the mic will mean a huge push for him sooner rather than later.

At least Enzo's mic skills means he won't be Jannettied.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Enzo and Cass may have a one run as tag champs but you can tell Vince is chomping at the bit for Cass to be a singles guy. His size and being fairly decent on the mic will mean a huge push for him sooner rather than later.

At least Enzo's mic skills means he won't be Jannettied.
    Yeah I think you are right mate.

Personally, I would like too see them stay as a tag team for a while and then if creative decide, maybe branching off and competing in singles as well. By that I mean, you don't need to split them up, to have Cass compete for say, the US Title while Enzo competes for the Cruiserweight Title.

I think Enzo could make waves in the Cruiserweight Division and become a real star on the show.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri