Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Why do they do it?

The ones who seen iMPACT last week knew that TNA tag team champions The Wolves got attacked by Crazy Steve and a mystery man. I was extremely happy with the direction they were going with Steve. A Darker psychotic mentally unstable character can work pretty well, and especially as a tag team. The face paint, and dressing style was different and intriguing. The maniacal laugh that Steve did after the beat down was also spot on.

This week we came to know who his partner was. The start delivered when Wolves called them out. Music hit and it wasn't Steve or his partner, but it was Courtney Rush. Rush is an indy veteran and has earned her respect. Her gimmick matched of what we seen last week, and she cut an awesome promo.

Then it all went downhill. Such a great start to this and out comes Abyss as the mystery partner. Why the heck do you bring Abyss into this promising scenario? Abyss has been a singles competitor for majority of his run, that labels this tag team a make shift. Also, I can't take Abyss seriously in 2016. He was good, but he has hit his glass ceiling in my opinion.

They had this great opportunity to debut a new tag team, but they messed up. Love them or hate them, but TNA has always had decent tag teams. This could have been the new LAX, or INK Inc. but they just had to add a washed up guy in the stable. You had something good here and you blew it like every single time.
    Last edited by Current Business; 01-28-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    While I don't watch TNA at all apart from the highlights they put up on youtube, and while I haven't seen the angle you mention, let me offer some perspective.

So the issue you have is putting Abyss into the stable, thus making it a makeshift team? I would argue the case that Abyss is at this point in time better suited to being in a tag team. The man is 42 years old. I've never rated him in the ring (when put against other big guys like him such as Undertaker or Kane he's pretty average), and you must consider that given the hell he's put his body through (the countless hardcore matches he's had in his career) he must be slowing down now int he ring. Taking this into account, I think it's a good move to move him from singles competition and into a tag team, especially into a tag team with a younger guy like Crazzy Steve who could learn from Abyss' experience. Given that Abyss is at this point in his career more suited to the tag team division (you said yourself that you think he's hit a glass ceiling, and I 100% agree that he has as a singles competitor), I think this is a good move, and it may not be as makeshift as you think.

Also, let's be honest, TNA really need tag teams right now since apart from The Wolves and Beer Money, they don't have any. So why not move Abyss (a guy who doesn't have much upside as a singles guy any more) into the tag division and into this stable, which by your account, sounds to me like his character suits?

Abyss does suck now , the character has been killed by tan the last few years # truth

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Tommy its not Abyss that I have a problem with. Its the fact that they had this big chance to introduce this great stable. A tag team with a female wrestler, and Courtney Rush is a wrestler not a valet by any means. Abyss should stay in the agent role backstage, and leave the in-ring action to the young guns.

Abyss dragged that team down. They had such an upside, but Abyss just killed it. His gimmick is similar, but all this hype was about a mystery man not Abyss. Let me use a WWE analogy. Its like putting Kane and Big Show in a great storyline. You are invested, but as soon as you know its Kane or Big Show. That hype is gone and it becomes the same old same old.

Here is the clip of their debut -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrAHP0P0OA

Decay Theme -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGTc1cFLhnE

Seems like they did everything right. It would have been amazing if they got Jimmy Havoc into this tag team. That would have made it really interesting.
    Last edited by Current Business; 01-28-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Current Business View Post
    Tommy its not Abyss that I have a problem with. Its the fact that they had this big chance to introduce this great stable. A tag team with a female wrestler, and Courtney Rush is a wrestler not a valet by any means. Abyss should stay in the agent role backstage, and leave the in-ring action to the young guns.

Abyss dragged that team down. They had such an upside, but Abyss just killed it. His gimmick is similar, but all this hype was about a mystery man not Abyss. Let me use a WWE analogy. Its like putting Kane and Big Show in a great storyline. You are invested, but as soon as you know its Kane or Big Show. That hype is gone and it becomes the same old same old.

Here is the clip of their debut -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrAHP0P0OA

Decay Theme -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGTc1cFLhnE

Seems like they did everything right. It would have been amazing if they got Jimmy Havoc into this tag team. That would have made it really interesting.
    Hm. Yeah ok, after watching that, hearing Abyss' theme hit after that awesome entrance by Steve and Rush, that completely killed it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Hm. Yeah ok, after watching that, hearing Abyss' theme hit after that awesome entrance by Steve and Rush, that completely killed it.
    I dont see why Abyss didnt just come out as the mystery man at the start with Steve and Rush, then reveal himself at the end
    EWNCW - Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

PWR: Jack Pheonix - The Hardcore King/Knights

No Daniel, We're grateful, Thankyou Daniel Bryan.

I like it I mean Ik it was gonna be Abyss but fuck it its cool but he should go back to his old school parks aslyum gear

Quote Originally Posted by CGBigMan View Post
    I dont see why Abyss didnt just come out as the mystery man at the start with Steve and Rush, then reveal himself at the end
    Exactly what I'm pissed off about. Courtney Rush did an awesome job of making it as creepy as it could. Her pose at the end of the beat down was also good.

Should've had Father James Mitchell and Judas Mesias instead.
    "For the Druids' legends are true..."

Anything that brings Father James Mitchell back is a welcomed addition to the show.