Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps we can work together and find a solution which suits everyone? Aside from the community and its history, what are its best features?
    Last edited by kylos; 09-13-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos View Post
    Perhaps we can work together and find a solution which suits everyone? Aside from the community and its history, what are its best features?
    Well it's a forum, it's the perfect platform to discus any topic, wrestling related or otherwise.

We have separate sections for WWE, TNA, ROH and Indy/International wrestling, and within those sections there are dedicated threads to discuss things. We have an ongoing Raw/Smackdown discussion thread and ongoing thread for discussing NXT. We used to create new threads for discussing each ppv, but that has dwindled since activity died due to numbers on the forum dropping and no new members coming in since it's not linked on the main page any more.

There's an MMA section for people wishing to discuss MMA, UFC and otherwise.

There's a new members section where new members can create a thread to introduce themselves.

There's sections for discussion other sports where we have threads set up for football (soccer), Boxing, Baseball, NFL and so on.

There's a section dedicated to Movie and music discussion and a section for discussing video games where people can discuss the latest releases or talk about old classics.

There's a section dedicated to wrestling history where people can take a trip down memory lane and discuss wrestling matters of the past.

There's a Be the Booker section where people can fantasy book their own wrestling shows, for example some people on the site have their ongoing 'How I would book Raw' where they'll post show after show of how they'd have booked Raw from a certain point (for example, starting on the night after Wrestlemania 32). Or someone might want to fantasy book their own weekly NXT show from after Back to Brooklyn.

Finally there's the e-fed section where people can create their own wrestling character and then role play as that character in a fantasy wrestling company booked by a team of people on the site. There's currently 2 e-feds on the site; Pro Wrestling Rebellion, and E-Wrestling Federation. Anyone wishing to join is welcome to get in touch with the people who run each respective fed if they want to join.

I think that covers it. A forum like this is such a great platform for discussing wrestling and so much more, and it's a shame that a site like EWN doesn't have a thriving forum going. There's a lot of members that comment on a daily basis on the front page via the comments section on each article, but I feel that hey'd be able to do it much more freely and efficiently if they were directed here.

Blog Entries
    Ok, well I had a chat with Frank, and he said the only reason this is still here is because of the community. It doesn't bring the site much traffic, and it doesn't make any money, which is why he tried to open new forums before.

To fix the known issues with the site and keep it staffed is going to cost considerable time and money, which I can understand from his point of view. He wants to introduce a new forum, one which is miles better than the one linked to the site currently, and I said to him "well, we should try and make it as much like the original one as possible". He also said it's very customizable and he can add "new tech" to enhance the experience.

While this forum was the soul of EWN for so many years, it's a remnant of the past. I don't mean to offend anyone who's kept this place active for so long, but if we're going to have forums like these link to the main page, it needs to be an updated forum. One that starts from scratch. Not sure if you have noticed, but many Disqus commenters are doing E-feds and fantasy booking and it usually takes up Disqus a little too much. I would love for them to join with you guys on the new forum if possible.

But we can't do it without you guys. The currently linked forum is a prime example of how you add something with literally no feedback from those who matter. With enough feedback we can pass the information on to Frank and get everything set up. We could even set the forum up with the same subjects in the same places. All that would be needed is you guys would have to transfer records of your E-feds over.

Not only that, but I have advertized the forum and several people told me they were not able to sign up. The email verification system has been broken for a long time, and I don't think Frank will spend time fixing it. I hope you don't see this message as negative, I want to help you guys the best I can, but I understand why Frank wants something up-to-date, and something which fits in with the rest of the site. I get it from both fronts. Please let me know how you would feel if we "recreated" this forum in the new format. All the same topics, just a more up-to-date look and more chance to customize. I hope you don't kill me over this.
    Last edited by kylos; 09-13-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kylos, it's not your fault at all. I for one appreciate you taking the time to try and do something about the whole situation.

I don't have any opposition to having new forums, but if it's going to be anything like the piss poor attempt that was the last one (the one currently linked in the forums link) then I have no interest in it and I'll take my business to another forum. Frank needs to take a look at this forum and try and replicate it. Simple as that. This place drew a ton of traffic to EWN at one point (I haven't accumulated near 27,500 posts in the space of 6 years talking and discussing things with myself). That stopped when Frank stopped fixing the ever-emerging bugs and then eventually stopped linking it on the main page.

If the new place can be as much like this as possible, using this place as a template or something, then that I think would be what the current members would want, and it would be what people will enjoy.

Question; How come it costs time and money to fix the existing forum yet it's cheaper to build a new one? Just out of curiosity.

Blog Entries
    It's to do with future plans for the site, which are coming in to effect real soon. Not sure how much more I can say about that.

And I figured as much, if we can make the new forums like the old ones, looks better and works better, then everything is good? I know there's a disqus community who really want a new forum to do all their E-fed stuff on as I asked them about it today.
    Last edited by kylos; 09-13-2016 at 08:42 PM.

It would be sad watching the old forum go but if we can get a more active one with less bugs and a similar but updated design, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Tai Knight; 09-14-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Tai "Greatness" Knight
    A EWNCW Original
    EWNCW World Tag Team Championships: The Force of Greatness (3/18/11 - 6/16/11)

PWR: The Empire: Nate Washington, TJ Bell and Clay Law

PWR: The Gamers: Alex Wright & Brooks Heaven
    PWR: Myandra Rain

Blog Entries
    Yes, it would be sad, but times change and we need the community together in one place for the benefit of everyone I'll keep fighting to make the new one as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kylos View Post
    It's to do with future plans for the site, which are coming in to effect real soon. Not sure how much more I can say about that.

And I figured as much, if we can make the new forums like the old ones, looks better and works better, then everything is good? I know there's a disqus community who really want a new forum to do all their E-fed stuff on as I asked them about it today.
    What disqus community are you talking about? I'm curious, but at the same time don't really want to dive into a crap ton of posts without knowing what I am looking for.

Blog Entries
    I dont think the problem we had with jumping to the new forum was that it was new and fresh and looked revamped. It was that just at first glance it is far less useful than the one we already are given. It looked fancy sure, but it was stripped back to a point that seemed unappealing to myself and many others around here.

The other thing is that many of us would have jumped onto the front page forum I feel if Frank was as willing to deal with us as you seem to be right now. I can think of many users of this site who seemingly just got sick of sitting here waiting on what Frank promised. Do I believe this portion of the site at this point in time makes Frank money? Well obviously not... But at the point that this sites lack of communication with it's audience led to many of it's most prevalent members jumping ship to new forums and the amount of issues new blood had coming onto this forum... It seems rather unfair to blame that on anyone other than Frank himself.

I am not here to bash Frank though, at the end of the day this is his site and I respect that fact. Hell I have even personally talked to Frank a few times and he has seemed to be a nice enough guy... But these issues are long standing. I remember the first time I talked to Frank was because I wanted to become a member of this site so I could write blogs. I couldnt do it because even back then, this forum had major issues... And ever since then we have been promised fix after fix and then nothing would change. I've been a member of this site for over 4 years at this point, I've posted over 16,000 times and everyone here knows I loved this site... But there is a time where enough is enough and the fact that members of the site were unwilling to trust a new forum wouldnt kill our community is less than surprising to me and should be to Frank too.

Edit: I do want to thank you though for caring about this community though. You have been nothing but class bro.
    Last edited by Dennis; 09-15-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    #HugLife