WCW Talent Contracts (*must see)

To see the full contract list go to: https://www.scribd.com/doc/282738951...tract-Database

It's going to be a whole lotta of this when you look through the contracts:

I wanted to see what Hogan and Eric were being paid.

Blog Entries
    Damn, some of those contracts are pretty mind blowing! But it does speak volumes in terms of why they went under.

Those Goldberg and Bret Hart contracts, what the fuck man?

The midcarders were making so much money it's unreal. Alex Wright making 375k is amazing. I heard back in the day that they paid $500,000 for Kiss to appear for one appearance and play one song.

Tank Abbott making more than flair, Kimberly getting $200, 000 is insane. Literally had me like

Wcw was the greatest place to work for if you really didn't care for wrestling like that or just lazy. No wonder why Goldberg`s not begging to go back to the wwe. Dude is set for life. I can also understand how Scott Hall became an alcoholic. I heard Shawn Michaels wanted to make the jump to wcw, but Vince talked him out of it. Knowing Hall and Nash, they were probably raving about how much of good time they were having to Michaels. Dude was already coked out as it is so making the jump would have killed him. Vince told him to look at the bigger picture and how others were being used. He was right and bret is a prime example of that. Bret Hart jumped at the turner money and he had no where near the career he had in the wwf.

That amount of money and freedom was unprecedented. They wasn't do any drug testing and Nitro became an anything goes/when in rome type of situation. I wonder what those wwf contracts looked like compared to wcw. Vince was probably spreading the salaries around thin like butter on bread compared to ted turner. Nowadays in the wrestling industry you don't really have that type of option unless a wrestler got weight on the indy scene, otherwise they're most likely stuck with whatever contract wwe throws at them.

It wasn't just the crazy money, look at the number of days the top guys were contracted for 150-180 in most cases.

Yeah not only did Bret not get used right, he ended up getting fucked up by Botchberg!

Hogan and savage isn't mentioned because they wasn't paid by wcw. They were paid by another turner company.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realwrestling View Post
    The midcarders were making so much money it's unreal. Alex Wright making 375k is amazing. I heard back in the day that they paid $500,000 for Kiss to appear for one appearance and play one song.
    So that's $249, 995 each for Paul and Gena and $5 each for whoever else was playing with them at the time then.