Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Media in the old days

Social Media now in days have had such a big impact on wrestling bussiness look at guys like Ryder, Dolph, Cesero, Bryan and so on WWE and others around wrestling bizz. So my question is this who in the old days would been the one to be affected by this good and bad.

I mean you could look at a superstar who never reached the apex the top of mountain? Who would be brought down a few pegs?

D'lo Brown -that head shake was golden

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Val Venis.

It's hard to say, because it was a totally different time and era, completely.

From a wrestling only perspective, I have no doubt that the Internet has hurt the product as far as in ring goes. It's come to a point where everyone want's surprises and that shock factor- but are reading spoilers online. That's the kind of fan base wrestling companies are having to work with now. They might not be a majority, but there the most vocal and despite some positives like D Bryan and a couple of others- in the main, I think it's hurt the product and I do think people would enjoy wrestling a lot more, if they stepped back from the negative forums and dirt-sheets which it can be, very negative.. and just watched it for what it is, once again.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Seriously tho I always liked Sean O' Haire always thought that he can get better n better and reach the top of the mountain some day. R.i.p. Smh

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

It would have been wild during the monday night wars with the trash talking and wrestlers jumping from promotion to promotion. I think dean malenko would have gotten some love. Raven is a another that could have used social media to further prove that he belonged in the main event scene. Rvd could have used it more since he was the real deal in ecw. Xpac would have gotten ate up even more when the xpac heat started.

Honestly I think what made that era so great was that element of surprise. Social media would have negatively affected the nwo angle as well as some of the other angles that teeters on the line of what's real and what's not real.

Raven I agree,

RVD won WWE title, ECW, TNA

Mine Goldust he is the guy who really started attitude era,
    Gangrel

I always thought chris kanyon was a solid underrated all around talent as well. I enjoyed his work with ddp. Ken shamrock is also someone who I wonder about. I always thought he was a top 3 bada$$ in the wwf during his tenure. He was probably green at the time, but I still think he was the closest thing the wwf had to goldberg in 98/99. Not sure if social media would care for either of them; I think if social media was around back then it would have been nice to see them more in the spotlight to see what they were fully capable of doing.

Shamrock had no mic skills at all

Goldberg didn't have mic skills either but he got over because his physical presence. Another guy that definitely could have benefited from social media is Scott hall. He had the look, he was solid on the mic, and he was a good in-ring. I still don't understand why he never was a world champion during 90s` decade. Dude was over in both companies. That razor ramon gimmick was one of the best gimmicks of the 90s. He had one of the most popular catchphrases(HEY YO!!!) as well. You could even make the argument he was the most liked member of the original nwo trio. Social media could have taken hall to that next level.