Wrestling in Japan

So any of you guys follows Japanese wrestling. I want to start watching a few shows from the east, don't know which one is the best and if they deserve my time.

NJPW best wrestling and wrestlers in the world.

Currently in the middle of the G1 Climax Tournament, which started last Monday. Best wrestling tournament in the world.

If you want a good starting point, see if you can find this year's Wrestle Kingdom 9 commentated by JR. It does a good job of giving you the backgrounds of wrestlers, plus in English to boot.

Cheers Wade!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post

Currently in the middle of the G1 Climax Tournament, which started last Monday. Best wrestling tournament in the world.

If you want a good starting point, see if you can find this year's Wrestle Kingdom 9 commentated by JR. It does a good job of giving you the backgrounds of wrestlers, plus in English to boot.
    I tried to watch Wrestle Kingdom, but it seemed like a lot of matches composed of having too many competitors. Is that a common theme in NJPW?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I tried to watch Wrestle Kingdom, but it seemed like a lot of matches composed of having too many competitors. Is that a common theme in NJPW?

Quote Originally Posted by Current Business View Post
    The undercard does have more multi man matches than say WWE but this was basically their WrestleMania, so they just try to get as many on the card as possible.

This current tournament is all one v one matches, culminating in the top two from each block competing in the final, the G1 Climax winner gets a title shot at the Heavyweight Champ.