Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I've already said about the Divas and I'm with you Dennis- that said, I believe it's changing and it's shown in the last couple of weeks, matches have been longer, a couple of segments have had various Divas involved and though I'm yet to watch this weeks Raw, I'm aware of what happened and I'm hoping that they follow NXT's blueprint which too me, has featured the best Women's division in along time. Matches have been outstanding- perhaps as good as any Women's match there's been.. Hell, as good as the men, if not better at times, hands down. Becky, Sasha, Charlotte and so on, they have been killing it.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Dont understand point of KOTR now it just kills carrers

Why cant wwe have a 3rd brand for guys like Swagger, Slater, Harper , Ryder and such to compete in storylines and shit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realwrestling View Post
    Until the wwe is willing to give the divas division consistency in its importance then I will take the division seriously. This past monday raw was the most exciting segment I've seen since awesome kong`s wwe debut, but it's all a flash in a pan to me. The wwe never took it seriously from the beginning so you can't expect someone to change their outlook suddenly about the division. The divas division gets like 5 minutes on a three hour show. That alone speaks volume to where the divas division fits into the wwe`s social hierarchy. My preference is to bring back back bra and panties matches because it'll at least get me interested in what their doing. In hindsight , let's not kid ourselves; Vince McMahon doesn't give a damn about the divas division. He figures the wwe universe need a piss break every now and then so they can re-up on some Cena merch. That's why I say we might as well bring the perverted vince back so the diva segments can go from piss break status to at least something worth watching.
    If you can't take woman seriously as wrestlers, the problem isn't that the WWE didn't take them seriously 10 years ago... It's that you can't take them seriously today.
    #HugLife

Vince McMahon is a sexist pervert and I'm pretty sure it can't be that degrading considering the wwe has done it before. Consistency is the key for the division being taken seriously. This is one thing that I give credit to tna for doing. The knockout`s division has always been consistent with its importance. That's one of the things I truly despise about the wwe. The divisions always go from hot to cold and you can't do that if your trying to get people to care in the long run. And you're right, it's best to stay hopeful, but I know who still runs the show and isn't triple h or Stephanie McMahon.

They can start by burnig that piece of crap belt they call a women's championship. You can't have women wrestlers trying to kill each other over a crappy Cinderella centerpiece on a leather strap.

Blog Entries
    Alright, I disagree with what you are saying and instead of just doing a bulk rebuttal of our differences on this topic... I'm going to try to express my opinions in a slightly more organized manner... Sorry for the long response in advance haha.

Quote Originally Posted by realwrestling;978214 [B
    I'm pretty sure it can't be that degrading considering the wwe has done it before. [/B]
    If I'm reading this right you are basically saying that if the WWE did it before it isn't degrading now. I think the fatal flaw in this reasoning is that the times you are talking about were much different than the world that we live in today.

Just today I was watching the first episode of raw in 1998 where Golddust had painted himself black and was pretending to be an African American. I was watching it with a friend and I pointed out that in today's standards that it wouldn't fly because his resemble to a widely considered racist character called Blackface. WWE has done plenty of things I'm sure even Vince would say was a bad choice looking back on now. Every company and hell even countries can do that. I'm sure the United States isn't really proud of our treatment of the women in the past for instance.

The WWE treating woman like perpetual damsels in distress or just something for the majority male audience to look at might have worked in the past but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a wise choice for the WWE to be more progressive in their treatment of the division. Woman can put on good matches, it's been proven time and time again... Let's let them do that.
    Vince McMahon is a sexist pervert
    I don't know why you are calling vince a sexist pervert and then advocating that we should do exactly what made him a "sexist pervert". Are you admitting that doing just that would make the WWE a bunch of sexist perverts? And if so why would a pg company who's main audience is children want to do that?

This is one thing that I give credit to tna for doing. The knockout`s division has always been consistent with its importance.
    I have to admit I've never been a big fan of TNA but I have frequented this forum for the last three years and most of what the TNA fan base have been screaming out loud for the past three years is that TNA's knockout matches tend to be better than the average WWE divas match. I get that you are saying that it is about consistency but if the WWE can see that their division isn't as good as someone elses don't you think it would be wise for them as a company to adjust and maybe even adapt some of the principles that TNA was using to make a division that people were talking about? Like good wrestling?

It's like the world title situation. For a long time the WWE believed that having people like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage was best for business. Eventually they realized that a large portion of their fan base wanted other things and they changed their minds and it lead to some of the biggest moments in this era. Like Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title at Wrestlemania or Punk walking out of the WWE as champ at MITB 2011. If WWE took your advice and kept the divisions consistent we'd still be in the golden era. There would have been no attitude era and people like Chris Jericho would have been nothing more than mid carders...

They can start by burnig that piece of crap belt they call a women's championship. You can't have women wrestlers trying to kill each other over a crappy Cinderella centerpiece on a leather strap.
    I also don't really like the design of the Divas championship but in fairness the Woman's championship kind of looked too bland. I think they should find a middle ground, so for once I think we agree on something haha.
    #HugLife

I don't think you understood what I meant by consistency in it's importance. In the wwe, the divisions are too inconsistent in it's importance. At one point a title looks prestigious and highly sought after and then the next minute it's as if they took their foot off the pedal. The midcard belts/scene is a perfect example of that. There's been times within the last 2-3years where I didn't even know who were the champs because there not being shown in the spotlight consistently.

I say they might as well bring back bra and panties matches because they're too inconsistent with maintaining their divisions` importance once they're pushed. If the wwe is going to build divisions, they can't just make it hot only for it to suddenly go back to the status quo . Women's role in the wwe was built on treating women as mostly eye candy. If the wwe can't properly maintain the divas division`s importance once they put it in the spotlight then they should just stick to what they're known for. If the wwe is trying to break the cycle then prestige means everything and in order to do that they have to maintain their divisions` importance.

Inconsistency is something that the wwe has been struggling with for years and is the main reason why it's so easy for them to push wrestlers/divisions, give then some importance, and then suddenly drop back to old habits. The wwe really has to break that quitters`mentality that they've been so accustomed to. It's gonna hurt them in the long run.
    Last edited by realwrestling; 07-16-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    So because the WWE hasn't always had the best booking in the divas division... They might as well do something you seem to deem sexist and perverted because it would entertain you?

I don't get why you just wouldn't want the booking to get better. Lol
    #HugLife

I want them to change for the better, but if they're not going to stick it through then continue to treat women as eye candy. Bring back the bra and panties matches and call it a day. If a fat person wants to lose weight, they have to dedicate themselves to dieting and exercising. If the person can't stick to the plan then stop trying because the person was never serious from the beginning. The person can't say that dieting and exercise is important and then one day treat it like crap.The wwe is just like that, they never stick to the plan. The wwe have a quitters` mentality that allows themselves to easily abort long term plans. No point in building a division`s importance only for it to falter back to the same old sh!t. If they're serious about it then stay consistent and maintain the importance that they give divisions once it becomes important. I honestly don't understand how wwe can be so inconsistent when it comes to their divisions/ wrestlers/ belts. They have more money than anybody else so they can afford top notch and their roster is bigger with more star power than any other promotion in the world, but they stay so inconsistent. It's astonishing to me how the wwe can have all of these resources yet divisions/wrestlers/ belts goes from important to an afterthought so quickly. You would think that this is more than enough to keep things afloat, but obviously they don't. It'll never make sense to and it hasn't for many years.
    Last edited by realwrestling; 07-16-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for you to explain why you want WWE to turn the Divas division into a sexist, degrading circus, when the WWE is a PG show no less.

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for you to explain yourself in terms of your sexist and degrading view on how you'd like to see the women treated on WWE tv, on a PG show no less.