Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Global Force Wrestling

So we might need one thread for GFW. Here it is.

Jarrett presented a good roster i expect a few surprises, bigger names to sign and is interesting to see what Sonnen's role will be. Should be good, unless if Jarrett makes himself champion all the time.

Thea Trinidad! That is all.

Blog Entries
    The acquisition of 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows from the Bullet Club is a good one. Along with the Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr) makes for a very solid base for a tag team division. Both teams have excelled in NJPW and should continue that here.

I actually really like that Chris Masters has been brought on board. I've always been a fan of his and always felt that it was a huge shame that he wasn't used better during his latest WWE run, since he's improved a hell of a lot since he first burst onto the scene for his first WWE run. I hope he'll be one of the main event players here in GFW.

Its very possible to see Jim Ross as GFW's commentator and probably work backstage as a booker. He expressed interest joining GFW

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Its very possible to see Jim Ross as GFW's commentator and probably work backstage as a booker. He expressed interest joining GFW
    Would love to see JR back in the business, he was great at Wrestle Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Would love to see JR back in the business, he was great at Wrestle Kingdom.
    Yeah we missed good ol' JR. JR and Sonnen as commentators will be awesome

And apparently Eric Bischoff is part of GFW also

Blog Entries
    I don't think Sonnen should be a commentator. No offense to him, but he's not experienced enough on the wrestling side, and I don't believe he's ever commentated before. I think Jim Ross and Matt Striker should handle commentary duties. They both proved that they have excellent chemistry and compliment each other really well when they handled the English commentary for the Wrestle Kingdom ppv.

I'm also super happy that Eric Bischoff is involved. I know that he (along with Hulk Hogan) are attributed with TNA's downturn when they were there, but I think he's an excellent mind for the business. If he was used as an on-screen GM or something similar that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't think Sonnen should be a commentator. No offense to him, but he's not experienced enough on the wrestling side, and I don't believe he's ever commentated before. I think Jim Ross and Matt Striker should handle commentary duties. They both proved that they have excellent chemistry and compliment each other really well when they handled the English commentary for the Wrestle Kingdom ppv.

I'm also super happy that Eric Bischoff is involved. I know that he (along with Hulk Hogan) are attributed with TNA's downturn when they were there, but I think he's an excellent mind for the business. If he was used as an on-screen GM or something similar that would be awesome.
    I think he was on commentary in a few UFC events, not sure though. I believe he will do well, the guy obviously can talk and he could learn from JR, working with him.

Bischoff is a mastermind in wrestling. And yes maybe in TNA he failed but i believe he proved that he helped wrestling companies to improve in the past,backstage and on stage.

Not sure Sonnen is a commentator, that's not what they called him. I could see him in a Byron Saxton/Renee Young type role.