Let me begin by saying that, I'm not a hardcore ROH follower, but I'm well aware of the ROH roster. Since, TNA is doing 'best of 2014" shows, something was needed to fill that spot, and did ROH ever deliver? After watching a few weeks of TV episodes, we arrive at Final Battle 2014
pay per view.
Final Battle 2014 Card:
- Four Corners Survival Match ( Hanson vs Caprice Coleman vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Mark Briscoe )
- Adam Paige vs Roderick Strong
- Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa
- Six Man Tag ( Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels and Cedric Alexander vs. The Young Bucks & ACH )
- Moose vs RD Evans
- ROH Television Championship ( Jay Lethal vs Matt Sydal )
- ROH World Tag Team Titles ( reDRagon vs TimeSplitters )
- ROH World Championship - Fight Without Honor ( Jay Briscoe vs Adam Cole )
Won't go into detail about each and every match, but the selling point for this PPV was the tag team action. I'm a huge tag team wrestling fan, and this card featured tag teams such as The Addiction, The Young Bucks, TimeSplitters and reDRagon. From what I have seen in the past from these teams, they never fail to deliver.
Main event of the show was what you would expect to wrap up a 18 month old rivalry. It was a hardcore match with good story telling. Adam Cole super kicking Jay Briscoe him with a mouthful of tacks was the HOLY SHIT moment of the night. Not saying other spots were not good, but I never seen someone do the thumb tacks spot before.
Solid card with last 2 matches stealing the show. The thing that hurt the lower card was the lack of time on weekly show to build up feuds. They could have done a lot better, if Micheal Elgin, Ciampa or RD Evans angles had more build to them.