Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    As far as calling action goes, Matthews always did a good job I thought. Yeah, he may be a little generic, but he's a play by play commentator, he calls the action, and he does that well.
    I agree that TNA should replace Taz too though, he's just terrible. He was pretty good when he was back in WWE on Smackdown, but since jumping to TNA he's been on a very steep slippery slope and he's now useless as far as I'm concerned. He's to TNA what Jerry Lawler is to WWE's announce team.
    pG era is what holds Jerry lawler back , I been looking at alot of older wrestling stuff and Jerry was great every year with off the wall liners and comments. It made me really appreciate him even more, honestly I don't know how he got away with so much. He has said crazy things from Rodney king getting beat up to the pope jokes/insults lmao

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    pG era is what holds Jerry lawler back , I been looking at alot of older wrestling stuff and Jerry was great every year with off the wall liners and comments. It made me really appreciate him even more, honestly I don't know how he got away with so much. He has said crazy things from Rodney king getting beat up to the pope jokes/insults lmao
    While I agree, the fact that he's so bad now in this era shows that he's failed to adapt his game, which isn't a sign of a good talent. Other characters on air in WWE that were part of the previous era have had to adapt in order to try and maintain their high level of expectations (Chris Jericho, HHH, Kane, Big Show, the McMahons, Paul Heyman etc), and while not all have necessarily succeeded, it's safe to say that Lawler is one that definitely hasn't. I think he's got better in the last year or two, but he went through a patch of being absolutely unbearable to listen. During that time, between him being a terrible commentator and Cole also being useless at the time during his uber-heel run, WWE's commentary was near enough non-existent.

I think a 3 man team of don west, taz, and josh matthews could work well. Each of them brings some thing different to the table with josh bringing the technical aspect of play by play, taz with his experience as a wrestler and his sometimes funny one liners, and don west with his voice to help bring the excitement to moments as well as balancing some of the monotone feel out of the commentary that mike tenay brought.

I very much like the idea of Josh Matthews replacing Mike Tenay. Over the years, Tenay grew on me and in my mind he is the voice of TNA, so it would still be good to have Tenay at the broadcast table for big shows and PPV's. However, I agree that TNA needs someone young and fresh to lead their announce team. I also agree that Tazz needs to up his game or TNA should look to replace him. Tazz can be a brilliant commentator, if his announce partner can reign him in, Tenay had a horrible habit of indulging Taz's whims.

Check out my booking of IMPACT WRESTLING.

I was really impressed with Tazz this week. He really stepped up and did not come across as a complete knuckle head.

Matthews was great. A much needed breath of fresh air.