Page 518 of 618 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 6177
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    Time for another G-Bas Disorder review!!! I'll use it to explain what was lost in the previous message, I know you're fine with it, OMB, but still I feel like doing it.

Shaz opening the show as he should be after beating the champ. Quality promo as usual. I'd love to have T vs Shaz III for the belt, but that goes without saying. Good booking here by creative with Dave Ryan's decision of having a mystery opponent in case Jman's attacker refuses to appear, so Shaz is in the card no matter what, and gives the audience a bit of expectation about what will occur at DoR.

First Torture segment: You know I don't rate my own job, but I'd like to give a bit of insight. I wanted a Trollin' sighting for shits and giggles, and since they are not in the roster, I decided they could be fans. Besides, nothing more heelish than beating the crap out of a couple of lovable goofs for no reason, right? Things escalate quickly with security, but my fav part of the segment was the "Score one for literacy" line.

Hell of an opening match, with a lot of action and chaos. Good pick having The Empire as winners, you can't say any of the teams was a piece of cake, but having that dangerous duo as last team entering the gauntlet match gives extra spice to the show, and some recognition of Tai's good job on the promo department. One thing to be said: I always mix up Cade, Cable, TJ and Clay, so sometimes I don't exactly know who's in the ring, but that's MY problem.

Amanda Flyn's bit was good, but it picked up with the presence of Angelo, nice job here by Maggs. Enter The Empire, and another good promo by Tai, slightly longer than his average, but no less good. I don't think Nate needs to ramble on too much, this one was spot on regarding length and content. Pamich delivers again (although it needed more commas) and we've got another good segment here, and an interesting bout between Nate and Angelo with their respective partners banned from ringside.

Second Torture segment: Ah, the controversy lies here. First, I just want to say that the "face into the cake" gag never gets old, so I hope people liked that. On to the other point: There's still a lot of people that consider BDSM practitioners as weirdos or dangerous people, while those who dig these practices argue they are normal people with a particular taste regarding sex. Torture is the same, he has said once and again that he is not crazy, deranged or anything, that outside the Chamber he respects any sexual choice, and never forces anyone to do something against their will.

Still, knowing that there's people who's unconfortable in his presence, he decided not to have any undesired contact with female coworkers without her explicit consent. This perhaps hasn't been addressed sufficiently in PWR, and I apologize. On page 3 of the PWR show thread (I won't provide the link, since I think that's what causes the post be send into moderation), where there was a rumor that female wrestlers wouldn't sign with PWR as long as T was around. It was too good an idea to let it pass, I think I even pitched the idea of Torture adding a clause to his contract where he agrees not to touch a female wrestler without consent, under the risk of being fired, but that never happened. However, I adopted the "never touch a woman without her explicit consent" for the character.

Why would I use it here? It's a narrative device to trigger Torture's wrath over the roof. Now he's not only mad at Hawk, he's angry at himself for not sticking to his own rules, therefore being twice as dangerous.

Second match of the night, perhaps not as good as the first, but being a singles match without the possibility of outer interference gives less resources than a Fatal Four Way tag team match. Still, another good one, with Angelo stealing one for himself after having the match lost with the ref down. Last minute building of tension for the PPV. Good job again.

Queen Bae is next, and it is another good promo by Shaz again, vintage bragging Te'. Now comes Eden being Eden and perhaps is not the best promo I've read from GG, but still the high quality is there. Same with Juno, perhaps not her Top 1, but definitely another good job. Shocker of an announcement, but very happy for the girls (characters, I mean, I know Da Shaz is a man), they've been delivering and creating a great feud, so it's a well deserved spot.

Third Torture segment: And the Wrath of Torture explodes! Truth be told, he'd probably won't give a fuck about hitting a cameraman, but he's distressed with himself, therefore, he is more sensitive than usual regarding his own mistakes. Besides, it leads to the promise of more violence, and when's that a bad thing?

Third match of the show, and we revive the classic rivalry of N and Tommy Thunder! Vintage match with N bragging around and the WCC messing up with the ref and Thunder, and when Tommy was about to make it, the number's game proves too much again. Didn't think TT would beat the undefeated streak of N, but it was another good match. KJ Punk saves the day and the the faces prevail to end the segment.

It's been a while since we've seen this time of promo, with both sides exchanging words so much, so you have to appreciate the effort here by OMB and Doom, although I still feel the lack of commas on OMB's side difficults the reading. However, both deliver in their style (a shame Carnage didn't work out) and know we have a hardcore match for DoR... Guess who loves this, DAWGS!

Torture interview: Not too much to add her, only that i think I've already used that kind of courteous style towards Gavin Williams, since T may not like him but acknowledges he's earning his salary. Hope this part is good.

Fouth match and a good main event, although I don't think it's MOTN, but still good job, giving the champ momentum towards the PPV. No distractions this time, but still Darius seems to be out of his mind and scores another loss. Time to reveal who's D...

Nobody expected Chris Divine!!! The chumpettes and chumperinos better be ready, because So Fine will slander them without remorse! Welcome to PWR!

This is probably the best show the team of TT and Tai (with an exiled Darius) have put forward, and a great go home show. B+ deserved, not higher mark due to the lack of balance of promos/matches, but still that's not a biggie in my book this time, promo time was needed and given.
    Thanks pal, I will try and address the commas I was trying to prevent to many but by doing so I ,ay have not done enough
    Israel Pamich
    PWR Superstar
    First and Current PWR Breakout Champion since 17-05-15

Two Of A Kind
    Kid Wonder and 'Mad Dog' Paul Conrad
    PWR Tag Team
    Former AWF, EWA, JBW Triple Crown (Warfare,Mayhem,Showdown) and BWA World Champions

Blog Entries
    Thanks to all who have offered their thoughts on the show, glad to see that it was well received. I'll post a card for the ppv later.
    Would people be interested in a prediction contest? Could set that up too if there's enough interest?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Thanks to all who have offered their thoughts on the show, glad to see that it was well received. I'll post a card for the ppv later.
    Would people be interested in a prediction contest? Could set that up too if there's enough interest?
    You know there will be a G-Bas thoughts and predictions no matter what, so up to the rest of the gals and fellas!

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Thanks pal, I will try and address the commas I was trying to prevent to many but by doing so I ,ay have not done enough
    As a man with a +80,000 word novel published, a near 74,000 unfinished draw that needs corrections, and the occasional free verse poem (yes, shame me if you will, no fucks given as it has helped more than you can imagine), I can assure you: commas are FUCKING tricky.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    As a man with a +80,000 word novel published, a near 74,000 unfinished draw that needs corrections, and the occasional free verse poem (yes, shame me if you will, no fucks given as it has helped more than you can imagine), I can assure you: commas are FUCKING tricky.
    Why would I shame you thats impressive
    Israel Pamich
    PWR Superstar
    First and Current PWR Breakout Champion since 17-05-15

Two Of A Kind
    Kid Wonder and 'Mad Dog' Paul Conrad
    PWR Tag Team
    Former AWF, EWA, JBW Triple Crown (Warfare,Mayhem,Showdown) and BWA World Champions

Sounds great lol,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Why would I shame you thats impressive
    I referred to the poetry part only, wrong choice of words. My apologies.

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    PWR Day of Reckoning card:

Triple threat for the PWR Womens Championship
    Juno Mercury (c) vs Te'Yanna vs Eden Sky

PWR World Championship match
    Mr Torture vs Mike Hawk

Hell in a Cell match
    Tommy Thunder vs The Hardcore King

Shaz vs ???

Gauntlet match for the PWR Tag Team Championships

Extremely Lethal (c) vs Two of a Kind vs The Empire vs The Knights vs The Gamers
    (The Empire enter the gauntlet last)

Darius vs Chris Divine

Hardcore match
    Ano Doom vs Graves

Breakout Championship match
    Israel Pamich (c) vs Nate Washington vs Antonyo Angelo
    (The Empire and Amanda Flynn are both banned from ringside)
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 06-30-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    PWR Day of Reckoning card:

Triple threat for the PWR Womens Championship
    Juno Mercury (c) vs Te'Yanna vs Eden Sky

PWR World Championship match
    Mr Torture vs Mike Hawk

Hell in a Cell match
    Tommy Thunder vs The Hardcore King

Shaz vs ???

Gauntlet match for the PWR Tag Team Championships

Extremely Lethal (c) vs Two of a Kind vs The Empire vs The Knights vs The Gamers
    (The Empire enter the gauntlet last)

Darius vs Chris Divine

Hardcore match
    Ano Doom vs Graves

Breakout Championship match
    Israel Pamich (c) vs Nate Washington vs Antonyo Angelo
    (The Empire and Amanda Flynn are both banned from ringside)
    This isn't necessarily the final order of the card, with the exception of the womens title match being the main event of course.
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 06-30-2016 at 01:20 PM.

This isn't necessarily the final order of the card, with the exception of the womens title match being the main event of course.
    This is a stacked card