Blog Entries

WWE being Investigated

-- U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, the man who beat out Linda McMahon in the Connecticut election last November, recently stated that he is now supporting "legislation in Washington that would curb the practice of worker misclassification in hopes of creating a level playing field for workers and businesses." The worker misclassification issue came up during Blumenthal's campaign last November. He revealed that WWE was being investigated by the state of Connecticut for possible violations. Linda McMahon had questioned whether the move was "politically motivated."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    -- U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, the man who beat out Linda McMahon in the Connecticut election last November, recently stated that he is now supporting "legislation in Washington that would curb the practice of worker misclassification in hopes of creating a level playing field for workers and businesses." The worker misclassification issue came up during Blumenthal's campaign last November. He revealed that WWE was being investigated by the state of Connecticut for possible violations. Linda McMahon had questioned whether the move was "politically motivated."
    Myself I think this is good.... Everything else has Unions to back them but Vince McMahon and his Iron Fist rule over Wrestling have limit things wrestlers should have.... Many who are forced to quit or get fired have little or no health insurance....
    As i said other sports and forms of entertainment have Insurance and etc for their workers... Movies, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and etc....

Will be interesting to see what happens in the months and years to come, if this all become reality and more light shed to the story and investigation!!!

What was the reason for making this into a thread? This is copied literally word for word from one of the headlines on EWN. If we can read it there why would we want to read the same exact thing. Sorry no disrespect but this thread is pointless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tshizzy34 View Post
    What was the reason for making this into a thread? This is copied literally word for word from one of the headlines on EWN. If we can read it there why would we want to read the same exact thing. Sorry no disrespect but this thread is pointless.
    Maybe he wanted to get our opinion on the topic?
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA Mark View Post
    Maybe he wanted to get our opinion on the topic?
    Yea maybe just don't see the point in making a post with an exact copy of something already written. Maybe make it your own or something but I guess that's only my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tshizzy34 View Post
    Yea maybe just don't see the point in making a post with an exact copy of something already written. Maybe make it your own or something but I guess that's only my opinion.
    Well most people don't even look at the main boards with the reports. Hell, I didn't even know this until this thread appeared.
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA Mark View Post
    Well most people don't even look at the main boards with the reports. Hell, I didn't even know this until this thread appeared.
    Oh. Well I for whatever reason always have checked em out. I guess I could see your point if the majority of people only look at the threads posted and not the topic headlines at all. Either way it's been posted as a thread regardless and we have brought at least some attention to the thread right lol.

They may not have insurance but they have access to top quality health care through the WWE. Even nobodies (Derick bateman) in the WWE are able to get surgery of world renowned physicians like James Andrews. I do agree that they should cover those that have left (until they find alternate employment) but most companies don't cover that at all. I got a feeling that it is slightly politically motivated though.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!