Blog Entries

Mayhem signs with the UFC

From mmafighting.com:

Jason "Mayhem" Miller is going back to the UFC.

The popular middleweight has signed a new multi-fight agreement with the organization, Miller's manager Ryan Parsons confirmed with MMA Fighting.

The 30-year-old Miller (24-7, 1 NC) was able to sign with the UFC due to the fact that his contract with Strikeforce had expired. No word just yet on when his first fight back inside the Octagon will take place.

"Mayhem" had not competed for Strikeforce since last April when he defeated Tim Stout on the undercard of Strikeforce: Nashville. He went on to defeat one of his MMA idols, Kazushi Sakuraba, at DREAM.16 in September, which stands as his last fight to date.

He was close to returning to action against the likes of Nick Diaz and Tim Kennedy, but for various reasons, some even still unknown, those fights never materialized.

The star of MTV's Bully Beatdown last fought for the UFC in 2005 when he dropped a unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre. Two years later, Miller returned to Zuffa, defeating Hiromitsu Miura via unanimous decision at WEC 27.

Miller was a guest on a recent episode of The MMA Hour, and he appeared excited at the prospect of facing some of the UFC's best middleweights.

"I will beat the brakes off most of the guys in the middleweight divisions in the UFC," he said. "I guaran-damn-tee it."

Two words. FUCK YEAH

I haven't seen a Mayhem fight yet. Hopefully I get the chance because I have heard he's pretty damn good.

I haven't seen him fight either but I have seen him on Bully Beatdown and he is pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedominator92 View Post
    Jason "Mayhem" Miller is going back to the UFC.

The 30-year-old Miller (24-7, 1 NC) was able to sign with the UFC due to the fact that his contract with Strikeforce had expired.
    With Strikeforce being owned by the UFC, what happens when other Strikeforce contracts expire? Do they become UFC contracts or are they still treated as a separate entity?

Blog Entries
    This is great news and no doubt we will see him coaching on The Ultimate Fighter at some stage

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    This is great news and no doubt we will see him coaching on The Ultimate Fighter at some stage
    Bisbing vs Mayhem for TuF

Hope Bisbing isn't scared homie

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    With Strikeforce being owned by the UFC, what happens when other Strikeforce contracts expire? Do they become UFC contracts or are they still treated as a separate entity?
    That's exactly how it works, for the moment. If the UFC decides to cut someone, Strikeforce can then choose to sign that individual. I believe we won't see anything really change until the Showtime contracts expire. They'll just end up absorbing Strikeforce into the UFC the way they did to Pride & the WEC.

Congrats to Mayhem for getting picked up by the UFC. He may not be the best, but he's very entertaining.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mass Reverend View Post
    That's exactly how it works, for the moment. If the UFC decides to cut someone, Strikeforce can then choose to sign that individual. I believe we won't see anything really change until the Showtime contracts expire. They'll just end up absorbing Strikeforce into the UFC the way they did to Pride & the WEC.

Congrats to Mayhem for getting picked up by the UFC. He may not be the best, but he's very entertaining.
    The thing about the best Rev, is that even they can sometimes get beaten. Doesn't stop them from being the best though

Blog Entries
    he is already lined up to fight at ufc 132 with Aaron Simpson. This fight is really a toss up with Mayhem's weakness being high level wrestlers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedominator92 View Post
    he is already lined up to fight at ufc 132 with Aaron Simpson. This fight is really a toss up with Mayhem's weakness being high level wrestlers.
    My money is on Mayhem.
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."