Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NXT Gimmick Match For Wrestlemania

Ladies and gentlemen of the.....errrr, I see it's just gentlemen here, my apologies. Let me start over.

*ahem* Gentlemen of the eWN, I would like to submit to you an idea; an idea that may shake the very foundation of what you have come to believe of as ideas. An idea so amazing, so shockingly bright, that your corneas may never be the same again.

If I can beg your indulgence for just a moment, please allow me to paint a portrait. A portrait of a landscape of a future time. Yes, much like Philip K. Dick or the great Isaac Asimov, I'd like to attempt to become a visionary: a harbinger of things yet to come - nay! Yet to be imagined!!

Entertain, if you will, the Wrestlemania of the future! A Wrestlemania where perhaps a new, never-before-thought-of gimmick match takes place. What type of match, I hear you ask in the recesses of your vast and depth ridden minds??? Oh ho ho, it's not quite that easy. I could throw out suggestions for a something-on-a-pole match or a beat-the-clock-on-a-bomb match but that would be too easy; too trite; too....Russo-esque.

No, I would like you, the venerable and intelligent members of eWN to proffer up ideas; to make known to all the genius that you and I both know lays hidden or dormant within you. How hard can it be after all?

All I will give you to get you started - to get those creative juices salivating is this: the premise and the prize. The golden ring that is being reached for! And here it is....

The contestants: an unset amount of NXT hopefuls. The prize: a six figure contract for a spot on the main roster.

Dun da na na nuh naaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Alright, alright I know what you might be thinking - not very original, right? Wrong! And here's where YOU can make the difference! Yes, you. Little old you now has the chance to make this match something special, something great. Design the gimmick. Let your imaginations run wild. As you go into deliberation for this case, I want you to consider just a few more factors - who would you put in it? And who would you have win it and why?

I know you will all make the right decision. Godspeed.

Your honour, the prostitution rests.

Blog Entries
    I think the reward is a great way to make the match stand out on the card. The most basic route would be a ladder match with the contract hanging. Its not very creative but I'm sure it would still be exciting to have every year.

could be used to put the money(contract) in the bank idea back into wrestlemania. else a simple battle royale, use loads of NXT peeps, plenty of exposure for them

While I don't mind WWE doing something like this new Andre/WM Battle Royal for something such as a trophy, I highly object to battle royals being for anything else like contender-ship, title or any prize that qualifies a guy for something that should really be determined in a match with a fall or submission. The whole novelty of over-the-top-rope came from a time when you couldn't throw a guy over the top rope in regular matches - it was actually against the rules.

Hi Daniel, hope the legal practice is going well and not too much dick punching is going on.

On topic, isn't that kinda the premise behind the original NXT anyway? I'd have Mason Ryan win and come onto the main roster as Bautista's long lost Welsh brother.

Normal Member FakeSoldier/PhonyWrestler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Hi Daniel, hope the legal practice is going well and not too much dick punching is going on.

On topic, isn't that kinda the premise behind the original NXT anyway? I'd have Mason Ryan win and come onto the main roster as Bautista's long lost Welsh brother.
    Mr. Walkerin got me AU$15,000 for a car accident I was in (rear ended by a tricycle). Granted, that was only US$811, but still!

can someone paraphrase this? Not in the mood to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel walkerin View Post
    Your honour, the prostitution rests.
    ......wat? Prostitution?
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Black Ninja!
    Excuse me, is there a lawyer around? I need someone to represent me in a class action suit against a dick head ex moderator named rob.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Excuse me, is there a lawyer around? I need someone to represent me in a class action suit against a dick head ex moderator named rob.
    "Class" being the operative word here, I'm sure.