Thread: The Rebel??

The Rebel??

Well, I've been reading this site for quite a while..so I finally decided to register because one of my favorite things to do is to read everyone's blogs and forum threads. So forgive me if I don't do this correctly!

Anywho..

Getting to the point,
    I wanted to hear everyones opinions on John Cena's new tron..
    It really reminds me of the rebel flag, anything to that?

Blog Entries
    It's a straight Confederate theme, I made a few posts about in the forum here and there, but it's not like I'd expect every person to have read them. Take a look at the handshake between Cena and Rock when they discuss their match for WM28. Rock's got a "Union" flag on his shirt and Cena's wearing a "Confederate" flag. Ironic since Rock's the one from the South and Cena's from the North.

If you re-watch Wrestlemania 28, the WWE tried to get Cena extra cheers by embracing southern roots (Southern Baptist all black choir, religious promo, confederate flag, stars, colors etc.) but it only helped the already anti-Cena, pro-heel crowd boo him even more.

Ahh, a man that reads into what he sees, I like it!

Well, why would the new red theme be tagged as "Preserve"?

Btw..I was a fan of your "flinch test" post. Never thought anyone else believed in that
    Last edited by MrMagik; 04-18-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, appreciate that. I'll probably write another blog in a few days, got an idea just need some time.

As for the theme, I didn't even know it had a name (at least publicly) Preserve.... I just don't get it, why would they give a Yankee from a town that is 98.5% White (Source: 2000 Census) a theme to promote southern culture under the name preserve... Heck when I think "South" I'm thinking Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi etc. Shoot Cody Rhodes could have ran with it if he didn't have a pretty unique thing going in his own right.

Edit: Oh the irony of my prediction: "If you saw R-Truth competing for a World Title Match now, you'd probably flinch."
    Last edited by miraistreak; 04-19-2011 at 03:05 AM.