Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

But there ARE still gimmicks in WWE!!

I read a thread posted on this site the other day (apologies, I can't seem to find it now) stating how wrestlers in the WWE don't have gimmicks - and I argue this, they do! It may be that the most successful wrestlers of all time were "black trunks, black boots" wrestlers, like Stone Cold - but even he could be seens as having a gimmick of "Rule Breaking Red Neck".
    Well, I've decided to sift through the Roster and list what I believe to be the current gimmicks of WWE. Please, thoughts and comments are appriciated :

Alberto Del Rio - Rich, Royal, Estate-owning...
    Alex Riley - Jock
    Bella Twins - Good Twin/Evil Twin
    Big Show - Giant
    Brodus Clay - Gangsta Bodyguard
    CM Punk - Christ-like Leader
    Cody Rhodes - Vien, mentally obsessed with his looks
    David Otunga - A-List "Kanye West" type figure
    Dolph Ziggler - Self loving man-whore
    Goldust - Gold loving, movie freak
    Hornswaggle - Leprechaun
    Jack Swagger - Over-achieved High School Wrestler
    John Cena - White-Ass Rapper
    John Morrison - Shawn Michaels
    JTG - Gangsta from the hood
    Kane - Repressed Memories
    LayCool - Bimbos
    Mason Ryan - Batista
    Mark Henry - StrongMan
    Michael Cole - Heel loving annoucer/ Knobhead
    Mr Mcmahon - Boss from hell
    R-Truth - Rapper
    Randy Orton - Psycopath
    Rey Mysterio - Luchador (May not seem like a gimmick - its is in WWE)
    Santino Marella - Italian Jester
    Sheamus - Irish Fighterman
    Ted Dibiase - Silver Spoon in his mouth
    The Miz - Reality Star
    The Great Khali - Indian Giant
    The Undertaker - Deadman/Last Outlaw
    Wade Barrett/William Regal - Bare-Knuckle Brit
    Yoshi Tatsu - Modern Day Tokyo wrestler - Like an Anime character
    Zack Ryder - Jersey Shore Whore, Woo Woo Woo
    Nexus - Metally blinded followers
    Corre - Dominantgroup of Equals

Well, I hope you agree - I know some of them arnt as "stand out" as they were in the 80's and 90's - but they die fast - Look, only Kane, Goldust and Undertaker are the only surviving real GIMMICKY wrestlers left. But, each of these stand out persona's have led to these guys achieving WWE status

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelts9192 View Post
    I read a thread posted on this site the other day (apologies, I can't seem to find it now) stating how wrestlers in the WWE don't have gimmicks - and I argue this, they do! It may be that the most successful wrestlers of all time were "black trunks, black boots" wrestlers, like Stone Cold - but even he could be seens as having a gimmick of "Rule Breaking Red Neck".
    Well, I've decided to sift through the Roster and list what I believe to be the current gimmicks of WWE. Please, thoughts and comments are appriciated :

Alberto Del Rio - Rich, Royal, Estate-owning...
    Alex Riley - Jock
    Bella Twins - Good Twin/Evil Twin
    Big Show - Giant
    Brodus Clay - Gangsta Bodyguard
    CM Punk - Christ-like Leader
    Cody Rhodes - Vien, mentally obsessed with his looks
    David Otunga - A-List "Kanye West" type figure
    Dolph Ziggler - Self loving man-whore
    Goldust - Gold loving, movie freak
    Hornswaggle - Leprechaun
    Jack Swagger - Over-achieved High School Wrestler
    John Cena - White-Ass Rapper
    John Morrison - Shawn Michaels
    JTG - Gangsta from the hood
    Kane - Repressed Memories
    LayCool - Bimbos
    Mason Ryan - Batista
    Mark Henry - StrongMan
    Michael Cole - Heel loving annoucer/ Knobhead
    Mr Mcmahon - Boss from hell
    R-Truth - Rapper
    Randy Orton - Psycopath
    Rey Mysterio - Luchador (May not seem like a gimmick - its is in WWE)
    Santino Marella - Italian Jester
    Sheamus - Irish Fighterman
    Ted Dibiase - Silver Spoon in his mouth
    The Miz - Reality Star
    The Great Khali - Indian Giant
    The Undertaker - Deadman/Last Outlaw
    Wade Barrett/William Regal - Bare-Knuckle Brit
    Yoshi Tatsu - Modern Day Tokyo wrestler - Like an Anime character
    Zack Ryder - Jersey Shore Whore, Woo Woo Woo
    Nexus - Metally blinded followers
    Corre - Dominantgroup of Equals

Well, I hope you agree - I know some of them arnt as "stand out" as they were in the 80's and 90's - but they die fast - Look, only Kane, Goldust and Undertaker are the only surviving real GIMMICKY wrestlers left. But, each of these stand out persona's have led to these guys achieving WWE status
    I appreciate you taking the time to do this. It must have taken quite a while to type up. The concerns I have with the bolded are as follows:

* John Morrison: his gimmick is not Shawn Michaels! People on the internet have called him that, thats it. Sure you can see some similarity between their careers, but they are not identical. I'd say that he is more of the "Price of Parkour" or the "Shaman of Sexy".

* Yoshi Tatsu: WTF at this hahaha.

* Zack Ryder: I believe the term is "guido".

Yeah, Morrison is a like a '60s rock star/Hippie (like Jim Morrison). Remember when he first started the gimmick (during his ECW championship run), he even had his hair exactly like Jim's. Other than giving himself such nicknames, it's obvious he's not portraying the role in full anymore (since he's a face), but it would be even more damaging if WWE changed it because it's the name that he is most identified with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic View Post
    Yeah, Morrison is a like a '60s rock star/Hippie (like Jim Morrison). Remember when he first started the gimmick (during his ECW championship run), he even had his hair exactly like Jim's. Other than giving himself such nicknames, it's obvious he's not portraying the role in full anymore (since he's a face), but it would be even more damaging if WWE changed it because it's the name that he is most identified with now.
    Long Island ice Z was kickn it long before those bimbo's on the Shore got big names!
    WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT!

i have to say this, but all those gimmicks are terrible except for Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk, Sheamus and probably John Morrison. At least those guys can hold their end of the bargain and keep their gimmick(s) going good. WWE Superstars need to go back to the day of being a character instead of using real name wrestler with lousy or no gimmick/characters. No wonder wrestling nowadays has become stale like a dirty virgina.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjinator View Post
    i have to say this, but all those gimmicks are terrible except for Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk, Sheamus and probably John Morrison. At least those guys can hold their end of the bargain and keep their gimmick(s) going good. WWE Superstars need to go back to the day of being a character instead of using real name wrestler with lousy or no gimmick/characters. No wonder wrestling nowadays has become stale like a dirty virgina.
    No way! Zach Ryder's gimmick is pure awesomeness WWWYKI! Ryder HAS to be one of the most under rated superstars in the WWE. The guy is damn near golden. Have you SEEN his Youtube videos?!
    UWA Presents:
    The Final Show in all of UWA History!
    Live this Saturday October 6, 2012
    From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan

Theme: "Still Swinging" by Papa Roach

Quote Originally Posted by nrb6304 View Post
    No way! Zach Ryder's gimmick is pure awesomeness WWWYKI! Ryder HAS to be one of the most under rated superstars in the WWE. The guy is damn near golden. Have you SEEN his Youtube videos?!
    can't really count zack ryder as i cant recall the last time i saw him on RAW and i don't ever watch Superstars. I only follow cool yet serious gimmicks. not immature ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    I appreciate you taking the time to do this. It must have taken quite a while to type up. The concerns I have with the bolded are as follows:

* John Morrison: his gimmick is not Shawn Michaels! People on the internet have called him that, thats it. Sure you can see some similarity between their careers, but they are not identical. I'd say that he is more of the "Price of Parkour" or the "Shaman of Sexy".

* Yoshi Tatsu: WTF at this hahaha.

* Zack Ryder: I believe the term is "guido".
    I always thought Guido was for being of Italian decent.
    "It's funny; I'm actually not wearing pants and that's how I watch NXT every week"

Quote Originally Posted by brodius View Post
    I always thought Guido was for being of Italian decent.
    It is, but that's what everyone on Jersey Shore is right?

I know it used to be a slur for an Italian person.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    "John Cena - White-Ass Rapper"

I don't know if it was intended, but I read this in your typical gangster slurred accent voice, and it sounded hilarious.