Wasted Opportunity for McIntyre?

Earlier this week, somebody (I would look but 'f' it) brought up the point that there isn't much along the lines of 'established' talent still active in the WWE, the likes of Undertaker, HBK, HHH, Jericho or even Edge, that is capable of pushing younger talent. The ones that can do this now, are Kane, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and some others that aren't worth mentioning and/or I've forgotten them at this current moment. I really enjoyed the McIntyre vs. Mysterio match, but the whole time this enjoyment was bitter sweet, like I was all excited at the thought of it, and the after effect was disappointing like eating baker's chocolate that your mom told you not to eat. Chocolate? Hell yeah. Wait, what's this shit?

I think the WWE blew an opportunity to push McIntyre. If he could've managed a W, it would have been huge for this kid and really would give him some credibility. If he won, the next time down that ramp someone might think 'Hey it's McIntyre, he pulled out a win against Mysterio I'm anxious to see what he can do here', and not 'oh it's McIntyre, I'm gonna take a piss and hopefully I'm back before the Triple H v. Undertaker commentary from the WWE-U'. I know Mysterio was the obvious choice to win because of his tired feud with Rhodes, but c'mon...

On a completely different yet similar tangent there were a lot of wasted opportunities. I can honestly say I didn't know who two of the wrestlers in the battle royal were, when the WWE is just overloaded with young guys that could make a title push in the future.

..Step aside Christian, the real #1 Contender is A-Rodg..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth! View Post
    Earlier this week, somebody (I would look but 'f' it) brought up the point that there isn't much along the lines of 'established' talent still active in the WWE, the likes of Undertaker, HBK, HHH, Jericho or even Edge, that is capable of pushing younger talent. The ones that can do this now, are Kane, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and some others that aren't worth mentioning and/or I've forgotten them at this current moment. I really enjoyed the McIntyre vs. Mysterio match, but the whole time this enjoyment was bitter sweet, like I was all excited at the thought of it, and the after effect was disappointing like eating baker's chocolate that your mom told you not to eat. Chocolate? Hell yeah. Wait, what's this shit?

I think the WWE blew an opportunity to push McIntyre. If he could've managed a W, it would have been huge for this kid and really would give him some credibility. If he won, the next time down that ramp someone might think 'Hey it's McIntyre, he pulled out a win against Mysterio I'm anxious to see what he can do here', and not 'oh it's McIntyre, I'm gonna take a piss and hopefully I'm back before the Triple H v. Undertaker commentary from the WWE-U'. I know Mysterio was the obvious choice to win because of his tired feud with Rhodes, but c'mon...

On a completely different yet similar tangent there were a lot of wasted opportunities. I can honestly say I didn't know who two of the wrestlers in the battle royal were, when the WWE is just overloaded with young guys that could make a title push in the future.
    Wasn't the battle royal a dark match at Mania? And if you don't know who the 2 guys in the battle royal were, then you haven't been watching NXT and Superstars ;P

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Wasn't the battle royal a dark match at Mania? And if you don't know who the 2 guys in the battle royal were, then you haven't been watching NXT and Superstars ;P
    Nah, I was referring to the Battle Royal on SD! to determine Del Rio's opponent at Extreme Rules or whatever it's called. And for some reason, I don't get WGN in Seattle.

..Step aside Christian, the real #1 Contender is A-Rodg..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth! View Post
    Nah, I was referring to the Battle Royal on SD! to determine Del Rio's opponent at Extreme Rules or whatever it's called. And for some reason, I don't get WGN in Seattle.
    Oh..that episode still hasn't aired, and will tomorrow night. I'm surprised they found 20 guys from Smackdown to be in that match! Or was it a mix of Raw, Smackdown, and guys you usually never see?