Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 154
  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    We'd be liars if any of us said we weren't all guilty of most if not all of those things. And I hate anyone who will deny this!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    Oh dude, we expect craziness from you.

    Without it, IPITS wouldn't be IPITS.
    IPEEINTHESHOWER can sleep better tonight knowing this, thanks.

  2. #62
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Lol, seriously though, I have better things to worry about. Like what kind of sedative to use on Vickie
    Oh and YOU aren't part of the problem for thread derailment LOL xD

  3. #63
    I was just thinking if we took away "idiotic notions about wrestling by fans" and the suggestions made in this thread this would be one dull ass website.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    IPEEINTHESHOWER can sleep better tonight knowing this, thanks.
    Yeah you dont fit in this category IPITS.. We need more pictionary, jokes, and words of infinite wisdom.. There's a likability to you and what you do and most of the times I recall, you have fact to back up your opinions.. Now I will give you a Native American name, He Who Peepees Outside His Teepee When It Rains lolol. You gotta good sense of humor bro..



    MARVEL > EVERYTHING

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Now I will give you a Native American name, He Who Peepees Outside His Teepee When It Rains lolol.
    That just became part of my sig, thanks.

  6. #66
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I was just thinking if we took away "idiotic notions about wrestling by fans" and the suggestions made in this thread this would be one dull ass website.
    Just like many of the rest of them.

  7. #67
    Super Member clrj3514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA Mark View Post
    Indy marks who thinks that if your not a technical wrestler, your a bad wrestler.
    Thank you!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

    "The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA


  8. #68
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,252
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    Thank you!
    The indy guys does have a point. I prefer good matches that can tell a story. Not the poster boys style with limited moves. For example, the IWC approves of Dolph Ziggler's wrestling. If for some shit reason he gets released and goes indy OR international, he would actually be praised because he can wrestle.

    Indy guys enjoy the wrestling than the entertainment. Why do you think they hate Cena? Their answer is that he can't wrestle or he is an entertainer. They would say 5 moves doesn't make you a wrestler.

    (I should have a discussion on "wrestling and entertainment" since they aren't the same.)

  9. #69
    Black Ninja! THEKEVINBRAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    11
    I don't know about you but I sure do miss the 60 minute draws wrestlers did back in Flair's prime
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!


  10. #70
    The Trinity Necroyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    The indy guys does have a point. I prefer good matches that can tell a story. Not the poster boys style with limited moves. For example, the IWC approves of Dolph Ziggler's wrestling. If for some shit reason he gets released and goes indy OR international, he would actually be praised because he can wrestle.

    Indy guys enjoy the wrestling than the entertainment. Why do you think they hate Cena? Their answer is that he can't wrestle or he is an entertainer. They would say 5 moves doesn't make you a wrestler.

    (I should have a discussion on "wrestling and entertainment" since they aren't the same.)
    Y'all know I'm one of those indy marks. But sometimes though - and I touched on this briefly in the ROH thread - technical wrestling and impressive movesets just isn't enough in certain situations.

    Taking Cena as an example since he was mentioned: I honestly think he is (or, at least, can sometimes be) more than a competent worker... it's just that he wrestles a totally different style of match. Say if you take a classic Cena match - say, for example, his last man standing match against Umaga - and imagine rebooking it with Mike Quackenbush or Naomichi Marufuji or someone like that in his place... it just won't work. It would be like saying The Dark Knight would be a better film if it were directed by Akira Kurosawa, although that style is completely inappropriate for the typical Batman-viewing audience.

    I think what WWTNAmark was trying to get at is: being a fan of technical wrestling doesn't make you superior, it just makes you a different kind of mark.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.