Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

Here's a big thing that gets to me -

The ongoing belief that some wrestlers can 'own' a move. What a crock of shit. Once a move is invented it belongs to the wrestling world. Sure, give the wrestler inventing the move credit for coming up with something new - that's great, you're being innovative and contributing to the growth of the industry. But expecting others not to 'steal' your move is ludicrous.

What if moves like the bodyslam, the suplex, the clothesline were wrestler specific and not used by others? What if Stone Cold could never do a Thesz press? How stupid do you want to get?

Because it's worth reposting!!!

Because it's worth reposting!!!
    Angle did the RKO!? ZOMG!!!

Blog Entries
    Hey what do you know, I thought Bodom and Sg had unstuck all my threads!

when a fan who has only been watching wrestling for 5 years insists wrestling is every bit as good as it's ever been.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Taking a loss to put some one over =/= jobbing.

Blog Entries
    When someone calls themselves a fan, but they admit that they only watch because of one wrestler and when that wrestler leaves they don't watch anymore.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Taking a loss to put some one over =/= jobbing.
    This one is the truth.

Blog Entries
    Saying certain wrestlers are legends just because they were from the 70s and 80s, especially if they havent even seen them wrestle.

Blog Entries
    So what widespread (or maybe not so widespread) fan beliefs get up your nose? I must admit, as a fan, I'm not a big fan of the fans. Lol, my superiority complex leads me to believe I am somehow different and better than certain fans and I know that I'm not alone here, except for the fact I will admit it.

Here's a big thing that gets to me -

The ongoing belief that some wrestlers can 'own' a move. What a crock of shit. Once a move is invented it belongs to the wrestling world. Sure, give the wrestler inventing the move credit for coming up with something new - that's great, you're being innovative and contributing to the growth of the industry. But expecting others not to 'steal' your move is ludicrous.

What if moves like the bodyslam, the suplex, the clothesline were wrestler specific and not used by others? What if Stone Cold could never do a Thesz press? How stupid do you want to get?
    This guy^^^^is great

Blog Entries
    I despise the term prestige now. Even typing it out makes my eyes burn and it's all thanks to the wrestling weeaboos who want to wax nostalgic about how the belts "meant so much more" in the Attitude Era or in eras that they weren't even tall enough to look past the coffee table for(that ironically housed all their empty apple juice cartons and Tonka trucks. )