Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What will happen when The Undertaker returns?

As we all know by know, each year after Wrestlemania, The Undertaker takes several months time off to heal his nagging injuries. I'm sure that this year will be no different, which made me ponder the question: What will he do when he returns?

* I think that he will most likely go for the world title on Smackdown, as he usually does. And of course, he will win to add perhaps, his final world title to his legacy, even though he doesn't need it.

* This is not going to happen, but I would like it to: The Undertaker has done everything in the WWE except win the IC and US titles. Think about it. If he won them, he would truly have done everything that there is to do in the WWE. Also, winning those titles would add prestige to them that has been missing for a long time. He could also put the younger guys over in title matches, even if they lose. Just being in the ring with Taker can do wonders for your career, as we have seen in the past.

Discuss!

Most probably he'll have a low profile feud with someone like Wade till Rumble.

It depends when he returns really.

Assuming it will be SummerSlam, and he takes on The Game again to "finish" that storyline.

Then, I think until 'Mania, he should put over someone like Rhodes/Kingston or another young superstar, potenially who can realistically be in the title picture by 'Mania, and where as TBO said correctly, even being in the ring can skyrocket your career.

Then, it depends if he wants to retire yet, which I'll assume he'll rest on his laurels and hang up his almighty boots, he has two options:

1) The last match against a major superstar, Orton/HHH etc. where he can have is final swansong and go out 20-0.
    2) He can fight someone less well known, like Snair said, such as Barrett/Sheamus/Alberto Del Rio, and allow them to win, and then their career would be etched in WWE history, and the biggest push the world has ever seen. Or even if they lose and it's 20-0, they will always be remembered as the last one to take on "The Phenom" at 'Mania.

Personally, I think I'd prefer option 1, simply because Taker has been a great servant to WWE, and 20-0 at the biggest event of them all will never be repeated, but if option 2 were to happen, as long as the opportunity was given to the right person, then that would be pretty awesome as well.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

The midcard titles are beneath Undertaker.

Personally, I'd rather not see Undertaker until the next Road to Wrestlemania.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    The midcard titles are beneath Undertaker.

Personally, I'd rather not see Undertaker until the next Road to Wrestlemania.
    Agreed. I honestly don't think we'll see him until the next road to Wrestlemania. If we do, It'll probably be around Survivor Series.
    I also think he'll definitely retire after next year's Mania. And I want it to be a triple threat/2 on 1 handicap against HHH and Shawn Michaels.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

A Taker heel turn would be great considering he hasnt been one in almost a decade.

I know this doesn't have a chance in hell of happening but its something that pops into my mind every time he goes away for a few months. I'd have taker come back about three months from now with a "new ministry of darkness" made up of some of the younger guys, and an older established but sort of background guy. Have them dominate smackdown until the rumble where one of the younger guys wins and challenges taker for the title at mania, he'd win of course, and then be carried out by his druids after the match. It would be, to me at least, a wonderful and fitting way for his character to be retired with the 20 - 0 streak in tact but the younger guy can have the glory of being Undertaker's last opponent
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Agreed. I honestly don't think we'll see him until the next road to Wrestlemania. If we do, It'll probably be around Survivor Series.
    I also think he'll definitely retire after next year's Mania. And I want it to be a triple threat/2 on 1 handicap against HHH and Shawn Michaels.
    Shawn isn't wrestling again, so he says.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tad locust View Post
    A Taker heel turn would be great considering he hasnt been one in almost a decade.
    This will never happen. Taker probably only has a year left in him, and I think they would want him to be a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    The last match against a major superstar, Orton/HHH etc. where he can have is final swansong and go out 20-0.

Personally, I think I'd prefer option 1, simply because Taker has been a great servant to WWE, and 20-0 at the biggest event of them all will never be repeated, but if option 2 were to happen, as long as the opportunity was given to the right person, then that would be pretty awesome as well.
    This does sound better. I think the days of people wanting Taker to give a newcomer a HUGE push are gone. Someone who is young and new doesn't deserve to be Taker's final opponent, even if they are great wrestlers. It should be a veteran of the WWE..I'm thinking Jericho.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Bodom, the Mid card titles are below Taker. In fact I would be discusted if he won one of,them. I hate it so much when former world champs take a step back and go to the mid card titles, that is why there is less prestige to those belts, people like Jericho and Rick Flair devalued those belts IMO, cuz when you look back in history (when titles actually ment something) the Ic title was always used as a pedastool for some but mostly as a stepping stone to the mainevent. When guys like Jericho come from the mainevent and win the mid card title it hurts what that title represents.

I can see the Undertaker taking his sweet time coming back, possibly a Royal Rumble surprise. But in any case I see next year being his last year and I dont think any one can disagree with the fact that his career is held high in not only our minds but in Vinces as well, so I expect him to have a great opponents for next years WM send off, and make it possibly for the world heavyweight championship.