Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What the hell happened to Damien Sandow?

Okay, so it's pretty obvious that I'm a Damien Sandow fan.
    It's also pretty obvious that he must've done something seriously wrong in the last few months to deserve what he's getting now.

Jobbing to Kofi Kingston repeatedly was pretty bad.
    Jobbing to Darren Young was downright painful.
    Now {possible spoilers!} he's jobbing to Sin Cara on Main Event.

I mean, this is the sort of thing that happens when you hit on Stephanie McMahon for crying out loud.

So there's my question - how did one of WWE's most promising young up-and-comers get buried so damn badly?

Discuss.
    ~ Boots to Unwashed Masses ~

Maybe.....he isn't that good? DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

But actually, I was never really a fan of his in-ring work, more of his mic work. Anyways, after Cena beat him at the cash-in, they just see it as "Sandow blew his chance!" Just like with Ziggler, Swagger, Ryder, Kofi, R-Truth, Miz, Barrett etc, etc. He may eventually get another chance but might be some time. Also, WWE sucks at making stars......really, Punk forced them into the situation and Bryan was there only one. They are only focusing on shield and wyatts and then PART-TIMERS EVERYWHERE
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Sandow is talented and a good in ring performer.
    I don't know what happened with him.
    Such a shame that he is no more on TV.

Losing to Kingston is not really a problem as Kingston is a top midcard, but losing to Darren Young.....that's pathetic !

I really don't understand what Vince McMahon wants, but he definitely does not want what the WWE Universe and the fans want.
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Sandow is talented and a good in ring performer.
    I don't know what happened with him.
    Such a shame that he is no more on TV.

Losing to Kingston is not really a problem as Kingston is a top midcard, but losing to Darren Young.....that's pathetic !

I really don't understand what Vince McMahon wants, but he definitely does not want what the WWE Universe and the fans want.

Not defending McMahon but how can you "Give the fans what they want" when none of them agree on anything? Lol. That and the fact the IWC is what like 20% of the Wrestling fans?
    Although I will admit, he should be able to see talent where it is and push it. Who knows..
    Maybe he gets his jollies by pissing off so many marks lol

Quote Originally Posted by ut11smithcor View Post
    Not defending McMahon but how can you "Give the fans what they want" when none of them agree on anything? Lol. That and the fact the IWC is what like 20% of the Wrestling fans?
    Although I will admit, he should be able to see talent where it is and push it. Who knows..
    Maybe he gets his jollies by pissing off so many marks lol
    20%? Closer to 5%, this is what the Drive By IWC always think but sorry you're not that populous.

It's WM season a lot of the lesser wrestlers get lost, sorry Drive By but they can't push everyone at the same time. I'm sure if Kofi were losing to Sandow all the time (as the OP mentioned), then someone would make a thread about that. You can't please everyone.

I think it's simple, you can't push everyone or give everyone exposure and show them in a great light at the same time.

As already stated, you can't please everyone and honestly, most fans are just never ever happy.

It was only a couple of months back "fans" were calling Vince jealous of Cesaro and that's why he was not being pushed Ha! Now look, seriously, just have some patience.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    I think it's simple, you can't push everyone or give everyone exposure and show them in a great light at the same time.

As already stated, you can't please everyone and honestly, most fans are just never ever happy.

It was only a couple of months back "fans" were calling Vince jealous of Cesaro and that's why he was not being pushed Ha! Now look, seriously, just have some patience.
    I think this is pretty much what's happening to Sandow.

Fans just need to be patient. He's clearly talented, though, I've been a bit underwhelmed with his in-ring work for the most part. He's had some great matches, but he's had others where he's looked a bit limited in the ring as far as his move-set goes. He's only 31 so there's plenty of time for him to flourish. He's just unfortunate to an extent that WWE's main roster does have a lot of talented younger stars on it as well as a few established main eventers too. But his time will come.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I think what happened to Sandow is, he sucks. The condescending speak is only funny for a little bit. He really didn't bring much else to the table. He was okay at best in the ring. Honestly, I haven't missed him at all...I completely forgot about him until I saw this thread. That's a sign that things weren't great with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I think what happened to Sandow is, he sucks. The condescending speak is only funny for a little bit. He really didn't bring much else to the table. He was okay at best in the ring. Honestly, I haven't missed him at all...I completely forgot about him until I saw this thread. That's a sign that things weren't great with him.
    Since day one I say this kind of gimmick does not work and is useless.
    But Sandow himself does not sucks, especially in the ring.
    His gimmick killed him
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    Whos Damien Sandow? I watch Raw & Smackdown not Superstars or Main Event. Or is he nXt?