Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Does WWE Need To Recruit A Few More 'Veterans'?

Ok, so hear me out. HBK is retired. HHH and Undertaker are not far behind. Edge has apparantly left the building and has been talking of doing so for a while. Others on the brink are Mark Henry, Kane, Big Show & Goldust.

My question is, to fill the void left by so many big names, who will be left to put the new talent over? Because sure as hell, I'm a lot more convinced when someone like HHH or Big Show (or even Mark Henry) put over newcomers like Mason Ryan or Brodus Clay than by seeing them squash Chavo or Zack Ryder.

So what I'm suggesting is perhaps WWE needs to look at offering contracts to some 'names' to help bridge the gap, for their own roster's sake. People off contract like Batista and Bobby Lashley. Hell even bring Booker T and Nash back for a while.

I know I will probably cop heat for suggesting this but what the hell. I smell trouble brewing for WWE if they don't address this soon.

They would have to start paying attention to some talent in the back that are capable and deserve pushes.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    They would have to start paying attention to some talent in the back that are capable and deserve pushes.
    Completely agree.

Blog Entries
    Or they could simply go to the effort of pushing these guys in their own right and not off the back of having to 'go over' an established star. But that's how it's been in recent years in WWE, unless you had some noteriety in other feds and even then not for sure

Then who can fill in the spots correctly?

#REAL!

I mean all you got to do to put guys "over" is to have them in a feud. They don't need a big star to get themselves over. Say people like Zack Ryder and Primo could get over if they had a competitve month or so long feud. They just don't get the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Blog Entries
    Hell yes!!! Bring back king booker!!!!!!
    No introduction needed

NO VETS!!! They are saturated with young talent that can take the torch!!! Woo Woo Woo....You Know It!!!

Right Leg...Hospital, Left Leg...Cemetery

Bring back Booker for another run, he's got it in him.
    Nash to me will get a last match somewhere down the road.
    The Attitude kid in me wants Austin vs Punk, but I would feel terrible if he got injured.

Makes you think about Anderson and how he would definitely be a main event player if the viper hadnt struck all those years ago

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I mean all you got to do to put guys "over" is to have them in a feud. They don't need a big star to get themselves over. Say people like Zack Ryder and Primo could get over if they had a competitve month or so long feud. They just don't get the time.
    Yes and the demise of Superstars has only served to lessen the possiblity of this. So what you are going to get is noone left to put them over and they will actually have to work hard to establish new stars, like TNA did all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Then who can fill in the spots correctly?
    The names I mentioned above. Also, Samoa Joe - he could be sold as being an indy legend or simply Punk's friend. Bring Jericho back. I don't think that wrestling won't suffer from a popularity slump but at least WWE is a bit more prepared now than they were 2 years ago