Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I am a bit upset with CM Punk, mainly because it was suggested he would be put in a feud with Antonio Cesaro, which would be Cesaro's big push.

I understand that hanging around unhappy is tough, certainly in the physical tough environment that WWE is. But Punk has been commenting that Cesaro should be pushed. It would've been great if he had taken the chance to give Antonio a decent rub.
    Where was it suggested?

I saw he was supposed to face Cesaro and lose via interference from Kane, so Cesaro can get in the EC, and keep the feud of Punk vs HHH going.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    They might not owe anything to us fans, but they, or at least in the case of Punk, most certainly it to the company to fulfill their contractual obligations. Taking your ball home because you didn't get your way is just a shitty way of conducting one's affairs, and it's a mark of poor character.
    No, I know and I've made my feelings about Punk's departure known in other threads. It baffles the hell out of me how he can just walk and sit on his arse like that. I naturally assumed his contract would have performance, or at the very least appearance clauses. Clearly he wouldn't be getting paid but I would dearly love to know the wording of his contract and how he might not be in breach of it.

Blog Entries
    It's all down to greed. Earning millions and wrestling for fun wasn't enough for Punk, he just has to be the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No, I know and I've made my feelings about Punk's departure known in other threads. It baffles the hell out of me how he can just walk and sit on his arse like that. I naturally assumed his contract would have performance, or at the very least appearance clauses. Clearly he wouldn't be getting paid but I would dearly love to know the wording of his contract and how he might not be in breach of it.
    For most performers, athletes and actors, most contracts just guarantee you won't compete else where and that you won't criticize the team/show you are performing for. It doesn't guarantee that you have to perform. That's why Terrell Owens only got fined when he started speaking out again the team when he started getting fined. Same in the case of Plaxico Burress and the New York Giants. They were only able to suspend him after he shot himself, but they couldn't fine him. So in any case with Punk's situation all WWE can do is either suspend Punk or stop paying him.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think WWE contracts have a certain amount that you get paid regardless, and it's what they use to take out fines(Like for weed or alcohol).
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Punk is a baby. He whines and cries even though they constantly put him into the biggest feuds they have. Going against HHH at wrestlemania would be an honor for anyone on the roster. I am glad Punk is gone, because even though he was pretty popular he is not somebody the company cannot continue without, even though he may think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    I am a bit upset with CM Punk, mainly because it was suggested he would be put in a feud with Antonio Cesaro, which would be Cesaro's big push.

I understand that hanging around unhappy is tough, certainly in the physical tough environment that WWE is. But Punk has been commenting that Cesaro should be pushed. It would've been great if he had taken the chance to give Antonio a decent rub.
    I do know Cesaro was suppose to beat CM Punk by a Kane interference in order to qualify for the EC Match. Not sure after that, but I completely agree with you. CM Punk is sick of part timers and the same guys in the main event not pushing talent and what not yet he could have given Cesaro a HUGE win! Would it have been dirty? Yes, but who cares. A dirty win over CM Punk for Cesaro would have really been nice.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

It was wrong for CM Punk just to walk out like that, but look at the bright side. With him leaving, WWE is totally rethinking certain matches for WM30. Instead of Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan, we might actually get Daniel Bryan vs Triple H or even Bryan in the WWE WHC Match. So yeah. Thanks CM Punk, haha.

For Kaitlyn, man I miss that girl. Her feud with AJ was the best divas feud of this era and my favorite feud of 2013 (my opinion of course).
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Punk has always been in it for himself. Sure, he has done wonders, such as helping out Joey Mercury when he could have left him dry, but he's still a "Me, Me, Me" guy. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but don't try to play us as if you're walking away due to the guys of the past taking main event spots from the current guys. People tend to get lost in the whole "indie/underdog" story that they turn a blind eye. Whenever you hear about a guy like Cena who looks out for or actually helps an up and comer backstage, it's always "Cena's a kiss ass and he's only doing it to keep his spot or image." Then when Punk do it, "He cares about the little guy because he was also the little guy." Bullshit. Despite your feelings about one's talent compared to another, if you're going to call someone out on something while commend another for the same thing, then you are a bullshit artist.

I do think Batista coming back and automatically getting a spot in the main event is bullshit, but Punk had more than enough time in that spot. And NO, he didn't get buried by The Rock, Cena, Kane or whoever. There's no such thing as being buried if you are a multiple champion. Chill with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic View Post
    Punk has always been in it for himself. Sure, he has done wonders, such as helping out Joey Mercury when he could have left him dry, but he's still a "Me, Me, Me" guy. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but don't try to play us as if you're walking away due to the guys of the past taking main event spots from the current guys. People tend to get lost in the whole "indie/underdog" story that they turn a blind eye. Whenever you hear about a guy like Cena who looks out for or actually helps an up and comer backstage, it's always "Cena's a kiss ass and he's only doing it to keep his spot or image." Then when Punk do it, "He cares about the little guy because he was also the little guy." Bullshit. Despite your feelings about one's talent compared to another, if you're going to call someone out on something while commend another for the same thing, then you are a bullshit artist.

I do think Batista coming back and automatically getting a spot in the main event is bullshit, but Punk had more than enough time in that spot. And NO, he didn't get buried by The Rock, Cena, Kane or whoever. There's no such thing as being buried if you are a multiple champion. Chill with that.
    Honestly, I don't think it was Batista, I think he didn't want to job to Trips at Mania.