Handling the Reigns

OK so we can all agree WWE has been missing the ball on certain things recently (DB) but one thing I think they are doing really well is Roman Reigns.

He was very strong in the RR and he is easily becoming the top star of the shield but instead of putting everything on him and having him in all the spots, they are still letting Ambrose and Rollins do their part. Look at the main event of Raw, Rollins shined more to me than Reigns, except him breaking the STFU.

I personally think they are taking their time with Roman and I think its one of the better things with WWE right now having him on a slow cook.

What do you guys think about the way WWE are building him and the rest of the shield?
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

I think it's fine for Reigns, and they should keep it that way. They are building him slowly, and it's working.

The rest of the Shield could use some loving.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

All three member of The Shield can have prominent singles careers. Reigns is ahead of the others because of his physique, but I personally think that Rollins and Ambrose are further along in their development than he is. They have also had great singles matches, like the one Rollins had with Cena. Reigns has yet to impress on his own.

yeah i agree, i like the slow build though on monday nights Raw when the shield headed to the ring where daniel bryan was i had the mad thought that reigns might stand infront of bryan to stop the shield and do an instant baby face turn right there...the crowd would have popped crazy and some of the DB energy the crowd gives would have rubbed off on reigns...

still happy with how things are moving along with this story atleast

I love how WWE is building the Shield. One of my wishes on my 2013 Wish List for WWE was to create each member of the Shield as a distinguishable character. And they have! Each of them have proven themselves as major stars in the future. They do not seem like an acclamation of guys who can't stand on their own. Their the exact opposite.

My only problem is once the Shield breaks up, they automatically have to have their own storylines, promo time, matches, and segements. It is easy with all of them being in a faction cause WWE can just showcase them all at the same time. Now due to no more brand split, WWE will have to a find a way to keep them all relevant. I am not sure if I can trust them to keep all of them relevant as they barely give promo time to other midcarders like a Big E Langston, Antonio Cesaro, etc. Heck their even trying to push Cesaro and Langston yet their given no promo time. I can even add the tag teams. Now, I am sure Roman Reigns will be absolutely fine as WWE is high on him so I am not scared for him thankkfully . I am however scared for Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. The only promo time they give it seems is to main eventers, not midcarders. So with them being in the midcards (as the main event scene will be full) we might not get those calignous promos of Dean Ambrose. And I really hope Seth Rollins does not end up like a Wade Barret. I use Wade Barret as an example because think of it. He got the honor of being Chris Jericho's rookie. He lead a shock factored faction, the Nexus. Now look at him. I just hope WWE doesn't drop the ball.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Nice to see some positive thinking on the Internet regarding wrestling. There very rare Ha!

I remember when the Shield started, week later and there was a thread on how the WWE were going to mess it up Ha!

Pretty much agree with what you have said. I have loved the Shield as a whole and what they have so far done with the three of them and especially so with Reign's who been my personal fave since the start. However I had said and continue to believe, all three are gems and should be stars of the future! All three have so much talent and have already given good matches as a team and as single wrestlers.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by bbonaswwefan View Post
    yeah i agree, i like the slow build though on monday nights Raw when the shield headed to the ring where daniel bryan was i had the mad thought that reigns might stand infront of bryan to stop the shield and do an instant baby face turn right there...the crowd would have popped crazy and some of the DB energy the crowd gives would have rubbed off on reigns...

still happy with how things are moving along with this story atleast
    I would hate to see Reigns turn face by joining up with an established face. That would be such a soft move. Reigns has it in him to make his own way and dominate and have the crowd support him for what he is.

Unfortunately they will just keep teasing that they are going to push him, then have him lose PPV after PPV until he loses all credibility.

Think they wouldn't do it? Remember Ryback?