Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I heard the original plan was to have Batista have the titles and quit WWE, and they would split them up at that point...But With the CM punk thing...I don't think they will do that anymore. Remeber, the Rock JUST made that WWE championship a year ago, and so few people have had their placards on it, they had Rock, CENa, Orton and Bryan for 1 day. I think they want to have Daniel Bryan doing the yes chant with a title in both hands befor they retire it. Imagine that visual angry thread making guy. That is a pretty cool visual.

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you and others who have this exact analogy. Listed on the WWE site, the WHC is listed as a "retired" championship and is no longer listed as an active title. For the WWE to bring back the WHC would be foolish as they just retired it and it adds less prestige to the mid carder title which would be the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
    Wooo prestige mentioned, 10 points to Ravengriff.

Quote Originally Posted by evadavid787 View Post
    I heard the original plan was to have Batista have the titles and quit WWE, and they would split them up at that point...But With the CM punk thing...I don't think they will do that anymore. Remeber, the Rock JUST made that WWE championship a year ago, and so few people have had their placards on it, they had Rock, CENa, Orton and Bryan for 1 day. I think they want to have Daniel Bryan doing the yes chant with a title in both hands befor they retire it. Imagine that visual angry thread making guy. That is a pretty cool visual.
    Considering Dave is there for two years I doubt that was ever the plan. Fair play to the Rock though he's better at metal work than I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinBlade View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you and others who have this exact analogy. Listed on the WWE site, the WHC is listed as a "retired" championship and is no longer listed as an active title. For the WWE to bring back the WHC would be foolish as they just retired it and it adds less prestige to the mid carder title which would be the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
    Saying that the titles could be split is not an anology, it's an option. I agree with you, I'd rather them stay unified. I just hate that the WWE has failed to elevate the US and IC titles in the wake of the unification. Neither champions have been involved in a one on one feud for their respective titles in months and neither are being defended at Mania. It's dissapointing, but I suppose thats a whole different can of worms.

And if the WHC is retired, it's just as retired as the WWE title. They merged into a new championship. 'WWE World Heavywight Champion'. Plus - for argument sake - it's the WWE, if they want to 'unretire' or 'reactive' the WHC they could do it with minimal effort.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Saying that the titles could be split is not an anology, it's an option. I agree with you, I'd rather them stay unified. I just hate that the WWE has failed to elevate the US and IC titles in the wake of the unification. Neither champions have been involved in a one on one feud for their respective titles in months and neither are being defended at Mania. It's dissapointing, but I suppose thats a whole different can of worms.

And if the WHC is retired, it's just as retired as the WWE title. They merged into a new championship. 'WWE World Heavywight Champion'. Plus - for argument sake - it's the WWE, if they want to 'unretire' or 'reactive' the WHC they could do it with minimal effort.
    You right bro. WWE retired IC title in 2002 with Kane & HHH & unretired it 7 months later or something like that.