Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Regal

William Regal

sorry if this doesnt work but why wwe havent used regal to his full potential is beyond me this video cracks me up http://youtu.be/06Tr18G3w80

He's going to retire soon, that's also the reason, I think, why he is on commentary on NXT.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    I think Regal is a bit over rated amungst the internet community. He has always been out of shape and personally IMO that royal snob character always sucks no matter who uses it. Now I do like Regal, because his whitt is always on point, and you can tell by watching his in ring performances he is tough, but I have never been able to look at him as a world champion.
    So I dont think he has been under used at all, he has had a very good career, I hope that my prediction comes true, that he becomes one of the best color commentatiors ever, I think he eventually will replace Jerry the King Lawler on Raw.

Blog Entries
    Regal has had a good career, and he's now in the process of winding down. He's moved into commentating on NXT (one of the only good reasons to watch the damn show!!) which I see as his first step towards a permanent move. I also believe that he'll move into a permanent commentating role eventually.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by UKTNA View Post
    sorry if this doesnt work but why wwe havent used regal to his full potential is beyond me this video cracks me up http://youtu.be/06Tr18G3w80
    Haha. Favorite Regal moment.

Yeah, like the others said, he's winding down. Not wrestling as much anymore. Hopefully he'll still train wrestlers in the near future.

Regal was solid in the ring, was charismatic on the mic, was versatile (you could throw the guy in just about any angle and he's a natural fit), and was great for comedic relief without being over the top. He was also a great villian. But... overrated? Seriously? What about this guy says overrated? I think he is what he is, not overrated or underrated. I do believe that he wasn't used as well as he could have been, but hell, who is? But to call a guy overrated because he's doesn't have a chiseled body is absolutely retarded. Overrated and wasn't even in the running for a WHC title reign during his tenure? God damn man watch some WWE every now and then.

..Step aside Christian, the real #1 Contender is A-Rodg..

Quote Originally Posted by hankamania83 View Post
    I think Regal is a bit over rated amungst the internet community. He has always been out of shape and personally IMO that royal snob character always sucks no matter who uses it. Now I do like Regal, because his whitt is always on point, and you can tell by watching his in ring performances he is tough, but I have never been able to look at him as a world champion.
    So I dont think he has been under used at all, he has had a very good career, I hope that my prediction comes true, that he becomes one of the best color commentatiors ever, I think he eventually will replace Jerry the King Lawler on Raw.
    I find Regal to be a great technical wrestler. One thing you point out is he always looked out of shape. That never stopped Ric Flair and he might just be one of the most overrated people right now. He never looked the greatest but he held numerous championships. I feel that as their careers are winding down they don't give you that pop that they did in their prime. Don't look at this as hatred to Flair be cause I loved the man, just saying he needs to hang it up. I think Regal still has a few good matches left in him.
    "It's funny; I'm actually not wearing pants and that's how I watch NXT every week"

i never liked him at first but this guy had the skill to go all the way

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKTNA View Post
    for some reason i love replying to your threads because of that hilarious Regal GIF
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Blog Entries
    Regal is the man! Wasn't he receiving a push at one point and then failed a Wellness test?