Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Bad timing for Batista's return?

Yes,leaked info about Batista did spoil his return but in my mind's eye it could've been handled more tastefully even when everyone knew about it,the whole thing seemed like a poorly made parody on The Rock.
    I was actually hoping he would return after the Royal Rumble because him entering the Royal Rumble match does basically nothing for his push.It would be the same if Sheamus did it.
    It is obvious that Batista would be brought back for the WWE WHC anyway,so why couldn't they bring him under The Authority,let him play his babyface role and taunt Orton and become the #1 contender at Elimination Chamber where he could remind everyone how badass he used to be.Now the train is gone for that.
    I have nothing against him but I just don't want him to enter the Royal Rumble match,I'd rather see him feud with Mark Henry or fight Lesnar when he's done with The Big Show and earning his spot for championship match along those feuds.

So,here's my question to you: How YOU would've brought back Batista to WWE?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

Tapping to Alberto Del Rio and jobbing to Curt Hawkins on Super Stars!

Personally, I don't mind. I'm also happy he's back because it's another option in the Title scene.

However, I am surprised that they didn't just have him debut at the Rumble. For me, his Raw showing didn't really make any difference in any way and having him as one of the thirty would have been a better return showing for me.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Personally, I don't mind. I'm also happy he's back because it's another option in the Title scene.

However, I am surprised that they didn't just have him debut at the Rumble. For me, his Raw showing didn't really make any difference in any way and having him as one of the thirty would have been a better return showing for me.
    I kinda disagree. Initially I was excited, but they've got plenty of options for the title scene. They're just lazy with they're contender making these days. Very lazy.

Also, it did make a difference when they had him return on Raw. It actually had a negative effect in hindsight. Almost like I thought no Fing way should they book him to face the WWEWHC at Mania. I'll be very annoyed if he wins the Rumble.

Perhaps he'll end up costing Brock the title at EC, and they'll book the two in a Beast vs Animal match at Mania which would definitely be more of a spectacle than Randy vs Batista.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    I kinda disagree. Initially I was excited, but they've got plenty of options for the title scene. They're just lazy with they're contender making these days. Very lazy.

Also, it did make a difference when they had him return on Raw. It actually had a negative effect in hindsight. Almost like I thought no Fing way should they book him to face the WWEWHC at Mania. I'll be very annoyed if he wins the Rumble.

Perhaps he'll end up costing Brock the title at EC, and they'll book the two in a Beast vs Animal match at Mania which would definitely be more of a spectacle than Randy vs Batista.
    I suppose it's how the viewer sees it.

It had no effect for me by like, I was neither more excited or less excited that he had returned. It was just like, Oh Batista! Ha. Where personally, had the vignettes continued and it came to the Rumble, his music hits then I would have been like Batista! He's here! then the excitement comes when you know he gets in the ring, does he thing and is eliminating people left, right and center before the obvious face off with another big name. I personally don't see him winning the Rumble and even more so after Raw, I just don't see it.

But.. Should he win it, I don't think I would be pissed or annoyed. Again though, don't see it personally bro.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

I think Batista's timing was perfect. He is going after the face of WWE (Orton) and returning to action at the Rumble (same day as the Pro Bowl). If he goes on to win at 'Mania, I think he should have an Extreme Rules match against Lesnar because of their MMA experience.

Blog Entries
    His return was very underwhelming to me. He didn't get the massive pop I expected, his promo was a big flop (even by his standards). I'd have taken him just interrupting del Rio, taking him out and then just saying "I'm back" before leaving. I think the interaction with Randy was totally pointless. His return did seem to boost Raw's ratings, but it doesn't take away from how underwhelming it was.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Personally, I think I would go with this scenario:
    We all know about is return, it is okay. But what would he do? No one knows. So, I would suggest the revenge match of John Cena vs Randy Orton on the show, and then, Batista enters the ring while Randy is beating the hell out of John. People will think he is going to help Cena, but instead, he assists Randy. And then, Batista looks at Randy in the eyes, and Evolution's music plays. The End.
    "I've traveled the world the last few years,
    Sometimes I think of home,
    and even Stone Cold has to fight the tears.
    "

Blog Entries
    One of 2 ways, first of all avoid the chance of making Mania another rematch show like WM25 and have him call out Lesnar for making himself the number 1 contender, setting up a match between the 2 at Mania. Or alternatively have him tease being a face, then costing Cena the title at the Rumble reuniting Evolution then do some sort of a six man tag at Mania with Naitch in there corner.

I would be very disappointed if he wins the Rumble, there is no need for him to be back let alone in the title picture. Honestly, What was WWE missing that he can bring to the table. If he came back and feuds with Del Rio or some other new guy to help put them over, or reunites with Orton and HHH then I wouldnt mind so much.

I would like to see him reunited with HHH and not Orton, right now it seems like HHH and Orton will end in 'Blows'
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her